Started lessons again.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Started lessons again.

Post by Sam »

Man they are going sweet. First one last night in over a year, and I learned a ton of awesome shit. I finally understand scales, and how you can play them anywhere in any key just by memorizing a pattern. He rules, and is into metal. Badass. I recommend you all who play guitar get a metal teacher. Good variety and blend in your musical endeavors.

:tup:
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

I had drum lessons when I first started playing, then I noticed I was paying him to read a book to me, so i just bought the book and never went back.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

I could never read scale lessons out of a book because I never understood them. Last night he gave me the insight to bridge that gap. Looking back, I see the billions of books I bought that were never put to good use, now I can make use of them. Hell yeah.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Can you read sheet music Sam-U-Am?

ps-whats the painpurge bb addy?
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

TK wrote:Can you read sheet music Sam-U-Am?

ps-whats the painpurge bb addy?
I took lessons to read sheet music last year, but left because of school. It was so boring. I wish I didn't have school. So I can't read it still.

Here's the link to the site: http://www.painpurge.com
You can get to the forums from there or go to: http://www.painpurge.com/forums

Rock on dude! We got another show tonight! Gonna beeee funnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
ImaginaryEntity
Show Me Your Tits

Post by ImaginaryEntity »

When are you going to take vocal lessons?
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I've been taking vocal lessons for 10 months. :tup:
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

SuicideNote wrote:I've been taking vocal lessons for 10 months. :tup:
How's that going for you? There's a place abotu 8-10 minutes away from here that offers that. I want to so bad, but so much is going on and keeping me busy, that doing vocals would just close me up!
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Sam why don't you just get a singer?
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

I'm the singer you fucker. :lol:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SAM wrote:I'm the singer you fucker. :lol:
No I mean, Why don't you just stick to guitar playing and find a singer. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. Just a thought.
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I'd love to have lessons, but i just dont have the time.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

aeon wrote:
No I mean, Why don't you just stick to guitar playing and find a singer. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. Just a thought.
I enjoy singing. I love hearing music (instrumentally) and just come up with vocal melodies, ideas, and layouts. It's fun, I really like it.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

SAM wrote:
SuicideNote wrote:I've been taking vocal lessons for 10 months. :tup:
How's that going for you? There's a place abotu 8-10 minutes away from here that offers that. I want to so bad, but so much is going on and keeping me busy, that doing vocals would just close me up!
If you want to sound good and have people take you seriously you need vocal lessons. Anyone who sings well, will tell you the same thing. Training your voice is just like wightlifting. If you want the best and fastest results you need some training. Proper breathing and support are important for any vocal style. I wish more musicians took lessons seriously.

For me it has been a struggle. Like guitar, basketball, weightlifting or anything worth doing you have to practice a lot to be good. If I had more free time, I would progress better and faster. I did not have a good natural singing voice. My tone was terrible and range was very limited. But though practice and doing vocal exercises I have developed a strong middle register with a warm and full tone. I continue to work to develop my upper register and with each new pitch I can hit my "good vocal range" grows as well.

One more thing. Lessons I think are even more important if you are going to be doing any screaming. I don't do much screaming, but you need to know how to support your breath and how singing should feel when you are doing it properly. You'll damage your vocal folds quickly if you sing improperly.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Fuck, I have to sign up.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SAM wrote:
aeon wrote:
I enjoy singing. I love hearing music (instrumentally) and just come up with vocal melodies, ideas, and layouts. It's fun, I really like it.
:tup: