Look what I just got!

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Look what I just got!

Post by dead forever »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Randall-RH100-R41 ... dZViewItem

:|): Not bad for £350 huh? The 0 feedback concerns me but Im going to drive down and collect the Amp in person and pay cash in hand, so if he's a bullshitter he wont one up me ! :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i bet its in that quality :lol:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Elaborate?
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

The RH series are extremely problematic. But if you like it, thats all that matters. :tup:
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I've read alot of reviews and asked people and the only problems i've heard of is feedback, which can be expected with a high gain amp.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

from my understanding, feedback is the guitars fault.
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Well, im telling you this from personal experience....I had the RH250G2...2 of them came broken straight out of the box, Randall took almost 6 months to fix the problem...Does it come with the warranty?
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

With a high gain amp you get feedback in an enclosed enviroment, so yes its partially to do with the positionin of the guitar. I also meant the amount of hiss you get from the amp whilst your guitar is turned down, thats the only other problem i've heard, a decent noise surpresser eliminates that too.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Jefferino wrote:Well, im telling you this from personal experience....I had the RH250G2...2 of them came broken straight out of the box, Randall took almost 6 months to fix the problem...Does it come with the warranty?
It's used so I'm guessing not. Like I said im going to go and play the thing. I've had enough experience with amps in the past to know what to mess about with before I hand this guy his cash, dont worry.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

MMMMMMkay!

:tup: So how much did you pay in american money?
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

About 700 US. But thats pretty good considering we dont get Randalls here at all, I mean like ever. And if I was gonna get a 5150 I'd pay twice that for something less suited to my needs.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Unfortunately what you may or may not know about amps wont help you with the RH100..They aren't very user friendly...I went through 3- 250G2'S....but good luck! :tup:
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Explain this a little too me man instead of beating about the bush. What are these elusive problems and give me a little detail if possible.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Okay I wont beat around the bush what so ever- They're crap...like I said before, I had the AMP 1 step above above what you're getting and mine was crap...So I can only imagine the problems the lower end one's have. They discontinued these amps early into the production, so Randall might've known problems existed. A big problem for me was power. I had the 250 watt version, and I had to almost crank it to make it loud enough to compete with another guitar and drums, which then caused the hissing, feedback, etc...and that was WITH a Rocktron Hush. Mine also made a loud popping noise when you turned it off, which the guy from Randall assured me wouldn't harm my speakers, but I dont really believe that. Plus the tone kinda sucks...I spent most of my time trying to dial the son of a bitch in, rather than playing it and enjoying it...but I dont know your situation, so this amp might work perfectly for you...
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I use a fair amount of tone shaping with an external EQ. So if this thing sounds shit and I cant get a decent sound quickly I'll just not pay for it. Thanks :tup: Also I need it to be loud, so this sounds bad.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Yeah- That might've been my problem, not having an external EQ...but the loudness was the hard part for me... balancing my Level, Master, and Gain enough to be loud, without excessive feedback or hiss. The shitty thing about Randall is they have a gazillion lines of AMPS, which makes it hard to choose the right one...what features did they leave out on what amps etc...The bass is another issue too...My current Randall the bass is on 1, and it almost rumbles my speakers...
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

:lol: You should try investing in a Parametric EQ bud.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Well in theory yes, but if they made their built in parametrics were made properly, I wouldn't have to...but its on my wish list ..
Get killed.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Pod XT
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

SuicideNote wrote:Pod XT
Yeh, great if you want to sound stale and machine like.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

dead forever wrote:
SuicideNote wrote:Pod XT
Yeh, great if you want to sound stale and machine like.
Line 6 stuff is great!
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I understand the benefits but their shit just sounds so artificial to me.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

If you're willing to spend time tweaking you can get great sounds. The presets are always going to be generic. If I ever build a rack, I'll probably get an XT pro.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

it looks like a decent piece of kit, but ive never tried it. if all o' these people have had problems with them and you already have an external eq, why are you forking out so much money for it?

and i agree with you, PODs are a waste of time if you want a metal tone. replicating old tones with them is good stuff, but it really doesnt cater for a metal guitarist imo.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

The RH200 I have is a decent amp. It isn't amazing, but it can get the job done. Before I had my 5150, I would jam with my drummer on the RH200 but that was before we ever played live.

The only thing I found is that the amp would over heat and this weird rhythmic popping sound (almost like a helicopter noise) would go on and you would have to turn the amp off and let it cool off. Pretty gay :tdown:
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

Wayne wrote:from my understanding, feedback is the guitars fault.
If you have single coils. Yeah.

But with humbuckers it's not the guitar fault.
I get a lot of feedback with my Gibson V and the peavy bandit. But yeah using a noise surpressor helps a lot :D

Oh and you'll always get feedback with amps like the 6505 or Randall for that matter. I think.
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

DBS wrote:it looks like a decent piece of kit, but ive never tried it. if all o' these people have had problems with them and you already have an external eq, why are you forking out so much money for it?

and i agree with you, PODs are a waste of time if you want a metal tone. replicating old tones with them is good stuff, but it really doesnt cater for a metal guitarist imo.
An external EQ doesnt mean my amp rules! It just sounds better.

People on here are the first people I've heard that have had problems with them, Harmony central and the Dean forum all reccomended them.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

warhead dime wrote:The RH200 I have is a decent amp. It isn't amazing, but it can get the job done. Before I had my 5150, I would jam with my drummer on the RH200 but that was before we ever played live.

The only thing I found is that the amp would over heat and this weird rhythmic popping sound (almost like a helicopter noise) would go on and you would have to turn the amp off and let it cool off. Pretty gay :tdown:
yeah, the exact same thing happens to my rh200. Gayness Supremo.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

So this is a "serial bug", if you can call it that?

I never heard bad about Randall amps till now. :shock:
Has anyone tried the RM, because the sound files I heard...they own.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

DBS wrote:it looks like a decent piece of kit, but ive never tried it. if all o' these people have had problems with them and you already have an external eq, why are you forking out so much money for it?

An external EQ doesnt mean my amp rules! It just sounds better.

People on here are the first people I've heard that have had problems with them, Harmony central and the Dean forum all reccomended them.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

ive been on the dean forums, and although there are a lot of very good and talented musicians with a lot of know-how, its also a breeding ground for dime fan-boys. anything he's associated with rules there. so i'd be wary about that kind of advice.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Randalls get slated alot there for that very reason, because Randall is owned by Washburn, and they all automatically hate Washburn because Dime wasnt with them anymore.Anyhow Harmony Central tends to be pretty reputable due to the large number of reviews. At the end of the day trying to get Randalls here is like getting water in a desert, so if it comes down to it and it isnt good enough in a couple months, I'll sell it on and make a profit.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Sir Dan wrote:

I get a lot of feedback with my Gibson V and the peavy bandit. But yeah using a noise surpressor helps a lot :D

Oh and you'll always get feedback with amps like the 6505 or Randall for that matter. I think.
cheap humbuckers do the same thing.
my buddy bought a epiphone sg. and it squeeled like a horny pig with any amp.
i sold him the pickups out of my gibson v and it solved the problem
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Belive it or not the shitty stock pickups I had in my BC Rich before I completely re done it (backup guitar) were better than some of my friends EMG equipped guitar.
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

Wayne wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:

I see.
But still the feed back does come in high percentage from the amp.

Well I have a Gibson V '67 reissue. I doubt the pick ups are cheap.
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

dead forever wrote:Belive it or not the shitty stock pickups I had in my BC Rich before I completely re done it (backup guitar) were better than some of my friends EMG equipped guitar.
Well I guess you don't like the EMG sound, just like me.

Or do you mean feedback wise?
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Both ways.

The best pickups I've heard are BareKnuckles, they're just too damm expensive though.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Sir Dan wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:

I see.
But still the feed back does come in high percentage from the amp.

Well I have a Gibson V '67 reissue. I doubt the pick ups are cheap.
dude i have the same fucking gibson. all white with no pickguard, bought it 2nd hand in highschool
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

dead forever wrote:Both ways.

The best pickups I've heard are BareKnuckles, they're just too damm expensive though.
You're damn right.

Oh and yeah they are expensive :x
dude i have the same fucking gibson. all white with no pickguard, bought it 2nd hand in highschool
All white no pick guard? Isn't that the V Factor New Century?

I have the ebony with the white pick guard.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

no, this is all white. front and back including neck and headstock.

it was made in the late 80's or early 90's