Schecter Guitars

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Schecter Guitars

Post by Lando Griffin »

I'm getting a new guitar for my bday (august 5th, my parents are giving me some money towards it and I'm covering the rest), so I've been looking a little bit for the past month, and so far the leading candidate is the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and a local store by me has it with a Floyd Rose. (Non-FR found here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=513105 black cherry finish of course)

Anyways, I heard from two different people that "know" people with schecters that said that they've had problems with their guitars, with electronics fucking up or something like that. I haven't read anything like that on the reviews on musicians friend, so i wonder if it was BS, something that was exagerrated, or the kids just don't know how to take care of guitars. Just wondering if anyone has experience with Schecters and how they are, cause this guitar is really sweet, the ONLY drawback I can potentially see is that the neck isn't super thin, but I really like everything about it so far.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

That guitar will kick your ass :shock:

Yeah my friend had some wiring priblems in his schectah but I dont know if that cause of his dumb ass or not.
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Get the 7 string version.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=513109

I've play them everytime I go to guitar center. I'm sold on it.
If you have problems with wiring....you fix it. Simple. Every brand can come with electronic problems. It's just a matter of being smart than simple wiring.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Yeah that's true, and electronic problems could end up happening to all guitars anyways. It was just weird to me that the first two people I asked about Schecters mentioned problems with them.

Anyways, are there any other guitars people would recommend? I'm looking at spending $750 maximum. I would prefer to have 24 frets and a floyd rose. My other guitar has 22 frets and no FR, but I still plan on using it as well. I tried some Jackson's and ESP's and I thought they were good too, but there's no specific guitars from them that I remember playing.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Lando Griffin wrote:Yeah that's true, and electronic problems could end up happening to all guitars anyways. It was just weird to me that the first two people I asked about Schecters mentioned problems with them.

Anyways, are there any other guitars people would recommend? I'm looking at spending $750 maximum. I would prefer to have 24 frets and a floyd rose. My other guitar has 22 frets and no FR, but I still plan on using it as well. I tried some Jackson's and ESP's and I thought they were good too, but there's no specific guitars from them that I remember playing.
I have a Jackson Dxmg and it is fucking Nice. Set up properly, the action is smooth and buttery and i have had no problems with the jt580 tremolo that comes with it. The only thing i changed on it was the bridge pickup to a seymour duncan dimebucker :tup:
Suck me
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

I use to have a dxmg that the wiring was extremely fucked up in. I also had to have the knobs replaced cause i couldn't get them to stay on the guitar...they were stripped. My dk2 had the same problem too. The sl1 I haven't had any problems with.
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

DeathSion wrote:I use to have a dxmg that the wiring was extremely fucked up in. I also had to have the knobs replaced cause i couldn't get them to stay on the guitar...they were stripped. My dk2 had the same problem too. The sl1 I haven't had any problems with.
You were that 15 year old that was pretty awesome at sweep picking right?
I'm sure your older now, but if you are the guy that I was thinking of pretty fuckin good on guitar.
[quote="Wayne"][quote="Maelstrom"]crazy bass fingers and anty got banned :tup:[/quote]
and what about jimmysux and 7faggot7metal[/quote]
:lol:
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

I was 16 or 17 at the time. Yeah, I was the one that posted the vids. I'm 21 now.
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

DeathSion wrote:I was 16 or 17 at the time. Yeah, I was the one that posted the vids. I'm 21 now.
Good shit, except all that nasty flipping off at the end of every one of the video's. :x
[quote="Wayne"][quote="Maelstrom"]crazy bass fingers and anty got banned :tup:[/quote]
and what about jimmysux and 7faggot7metal[/quote]
:lol:
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

blah
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i got the C7 hellraiser. black cherry with albalone binding, fucking sweet guitar. never had any probs with it so far.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

a friend of mine has one of them daimond series watchamecalems . aside from the small frets (which can be modified of course) the neck was a tad round. -not les paul round but you know. i'd definetly buy a c-7 or a 7 string blackjack. i was in the market for one of those actually, but thought hell if im onna buy a 7string it might as well be ajem ,, righ!?
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

So I've been looking at more guitars, and I'm gonna go and try them out tomorrow. So far I added the Jackson DKMG, the ESP MH-400, and the Ibanez RG1570 to my potential list (links found at bottom). In the musicans friend link, it said the Jackson comes with the EMG 81/85 set but reviews I read on other sites said that wasn't the case, that they were passive EMG pickups (forget which ones, but can anyone confirm this?).

I played an Ibanez S520EX in guitar center a week ago, and the neck felt great (wizard II), and the RG has the wizard prestige neck which is supposed to be even thinner and more responsive. Just the only thing I don't like about the guitar are the pickups, since the Jackson, ESP, and Schecter come with EMGs and the RG pickups are stock. I really loved the schecter too, like I said before, and the floyd rose version has an original floyd rose, I just wasn't the biggest fan of the neck but it was still nice. Everything else about it was outstanding for the price range. If anyone can give any feedback on these other 3 guitars I would really appreciate it, help out a fellow neeg! :negro:

Ibanez RG - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=519965

Jackson - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=512231

ESP - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=516684
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I bet the ESP & Schecters play the best. Its really down to hardware between those two because both make excellent budget guitars.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Cool, thanks for the help and recommendations so far guys. I'm actually thinking of ditching the floyd rose idea now haha. I seriously wonder if I'll ever use it and if it'll be worth the hassle, plus it would cost less. The thing I didn't realize with Floyd Rose is that it takes away sustain apparently, and that's more important to me than going "WEEEEEEEoooooooooo".

Today I played a Schecter C-1 Classic and it played beatifully. Seriously, the sustain, sound, and feel was just as good as any of the mid range jackson, ESP, and ibanez guitars I played. I didn't get to compare it side by side with other guitars but I honestly think the sustain was even better than the other guys. It's definitely a versitile guitar, but now I'm wondering if I go with the Hellraiser that has the EMG 81/85 set up or the C1 with seymour duncan humbuckers (JB at bridge, SH-2N Jazz pickup at neck). http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=513072 . Also, the owner at one of the stores said the hellraiser is a neck thru but the website says it's a set in neck...can anyone confirm exactly what it is? Thanks again haha.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

It's set neck. But it has the ultra access thing so it feels like a neck thru and looks kinda like one.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

yeah I thought so, the guy at the store said it was a set neck then looked at the back and was like "OMG it's a neck thru actually!!!" :lol:

Anyways, my cousin is selling his LTD ESP H-1000 and I offered to buy it off him. It's basically in perfect condition and he wanted $500 for it with the hard case included, so I'm most likely gonna get this instead. I also want to see how much I can get for my ibanez then and then trade it towards the schecter classic haha.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Get the Hellraiser 7.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

someday bro....someday!
War_Nerve116
Creampuff

Post by War_Nerve116 »

Hey man I got me a dimond series. it plays fucking awsome! :tup: