Another Pod XT (Metal Shop) + DFH clip from Uncle Tug!..

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Another Pod XT (Metal Shop) + DFH clip from Uncle Tug!..

Post by scrotal_tug »

Hey guys!

I Recently completed the clip I posted all the way back in October!
(So some of you may recognise the first minute or so of this one!.. If you can't be bothered to listen, just skip it but it has been somewhat tightened up!)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 94891&q=hi

Same rig:

Ibanez RG (Stock pups) -> Boss GE7 -> ISP Decimator -> Pod XT Pro (Fat Bottom patch from Metal Shop upgrade) -> N-track (Slight EQ & BBE)

Bass:

Some bright orange 4 string that's falling apart (borrowed) -> ISP Decimator -> Audiobuddy -> N-Track (Amplitube, EQ, Compression).

Possibley the worst bass tone ever :( Not very well mixed in either so tips, opinions & advice would be appreciated.

Hope you enjoy anyway!

Cheers,
James.

P.s. If anyone wants the Pod patch, just drop your email address in a reply :tup:

P.p.s. Excuse the clean part near the end, it's pretty gay & I will get round to changing it :lol:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Sounds great, :tup:
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

The riff at 1:28 is fucking ace :tup: can tell youve been listening to Amoral haha, you shouldve let me use my Spector on this beauty mang! haha anyway good job :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Thanks guys!

Bud, your spector would have sounded far superior!

The annoying thing is, after tracking & editing that bass part for an hour or two, my buddy rang up saying I could use his lush new 6 string :x :lol:

As for Amoral - Indeed :pimp: They fucking own.
Anyone reading this who hasn't checked them out already - www.amoralweb.com
Some of you probably remember the Vocalist.. He used to post here as 'Edgecrusher'.

- James.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Yeah Scrote, that shit rules! I still love the sick grinding riffs at 0:40. Are those guitar sounds off the same patch that you sent me? The guitars are very tight and heavy. I love the sound you have.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Thanks brah!

I don't think I've edited that patch at all since I sent it to you.

The main changes took place when fucking about post recording - I don't normally experiment much with this but on this occasion I did.

Just tampered with the Mid-range a litte using an EQ from the 'Waves' bundle, used a slight variation of the classic 'Andy Sneap' C4 setting to tighten up the lows/low-mids & a touch of BBE Sonic Max.

- James.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Sounds cool, nice touch where you bounce the palm muted riff from the left to right speaker at about 1.30 :tup:
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

scrotal_tug wrote:Thanks brah!

I don't think I've edited that patch at all since I sent it to you.

The main changes took place when fucking about post recording - I don't normally experiment much with this but on this occasion I did.

Just tampered with the Mid-range a litte using an EQ from the 'Waves' bundle, used a slight variation of the classic 'Andy Sneap' C4 setting to tighten up the lows/low-mids & a touch of BBE Sonic Max.

- James.
You know now that you mention it, it sounds like the guitars have been boosted with that Maximizer. Good stuff. That Waves package sure allows for some magic. It also allows me to quickly destroy vocal takes with heavy compression, thank god for Control-Z.

Oh yeah, I have a question about that noice supressor. Do you actually need it as part of your signal chain, I mean the Pod is quiet with the gate set to -40 or so. Maybe you use it to remove the static from your CRT monitor. I know when I power up that Trinitron my EMG's sure let me know in a hurry.

Also, I'm impressed by your drums. I use Reason to program drums for my projects and have had some good success but damn, your beats are brual, yet subtle at the same time, just blown away.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

croninburg

Thank you man! That riffs my favourite :)

SuicideNote

I love the Maximizer plugin - I use it on pretty much everything in one way or another, but the key is to go easssyyyy with it.. It adds a nice touch if used gently when appropriately, but can easily spoil a recording if you go anal! Same with anything I guess!

The Noise Suppressor I'm using isn't really vital, I find the one on the Pod great!
I use the Pod gate at about -35 (more if I'm applying more gain) and I find it keeps things nice & tight without affecting your tone when playing parts you don't want it to cut out on.
I only use the other Gate if I'm recording sections that I want REALLY tight (usually chuggy parts like the one around 0:40 for example).. Otherwise it's just a hindrance & tends to cut on me when I don't want it to :lol: :x
It's great for live purposes when using my 5150, though - I highly recommend the ISP Decimator!

Cheers about the drums - I guess it's just a matter of continual experimenting & adjustment.. Things will just get better.
Altering the velocity of hits is almost vital though, especially on fast & repetitive snare parts & tom fills - Something I've not quite got to grips with yet but I'm learning!
I need DFH Superior with it's randomised hits :aargh:

- James.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Damn, that shit sounds 1000000x cleaner than my Boss digi recorder. Can you record real time onto your PC? I think I may have to invest in a Pod.
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Cheers Long4! :tup:

Yep, as long as you have a Soundcard with up-to-date ASIO drivers installed (practically zero latency) you can record in real-time!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Do you ever play with a full band?
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Been in a few bands in the past, but nothing serious.

My plan is to start to make something more of this material.. Hopefully starting early summer this year.
I just don't wanna jump the gun yet - Gotta find a committed & tigggghhhhttttt drummer before anything else.. The rest will slot together pretty easily (Except I still need a vocalist :lol: :x)
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Ahh drummers and vocalists.. everyone plays guitar and bass, or just thinks that they can sing :lol:
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

:lol: Yup
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

very good :)
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

sweet. if you need any vocals on that, gimme a buzz and i'll bark something up nice and flemmy.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Cheers guys! :)

Stoic - Whatever man, if you wanna record something over it, go for it - I have no idea what your vox will sound like, though!
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

me being technically savvy enough to record vocals and send them to you

:lol:
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

:lol: Fair enough.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

You need to get a band for this. This is some good shit.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]