eventually i am buying a banjo

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

eventually i am buying a banjo

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

but i need your advice niggas. which company makes the good ones? how hard are they to play? dont you have to use two finger picks and a metal one on the thumb? or something weird like that?
ive been reading its not too hard to learn how to play one, but i havent ever bothered trying to play any other instrument in my life so im sure it wont be for me.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

There is no right way to play any instrument, unless you're physically hurting yourself. The traditional way is a plastic thumbpick on your thumb and then two metal fingerpicks on your index and middle fingers. After you get that down you learn to "roll".

Go to www.musiciansfriend.com and read the reviews on the banjos. Not sure how much you're looking to spend.

Also, go to YouTube and look up "banjo lessons" and you'll find a million videos of a million different people giving lessons.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

i made up a sweet song on banjo by playing dust in the wind - same fingering pattern and frets. but the different tuning produced different notes. :)
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

BassPhemy wrote:There is no right way to play any instrument, unless you're physically hurting yourself. The traditional way is a plastic thumbpick on your thumb and then two metal fingerpicks on your index and middle fingers. After you get that down you learn to "roll".

Go to www.musiciansfriend.com and read the reviews on the banjos. Not sure how much you're looking to spend.

Also, go to YouTube and look up "banjo lessons" and you'll find a million videos of a million different people giving lessons.
i forgot i made this thread, but thanks for the help.
ive been reading up on them, they sound like fun, and the music store nearby has one for pretty cheap. after i get the hang of it ill end up buying a much better one.
pRiMaL
Creampuff

Post by pRiMaL »

i love banjos man
ITS A MESSAGE IN BLOOD! ITS YOUR CRYPTIC WARNING!
pRiMaL
Creampuff

Post by pRiMaL »

i dont know much about them but i have a cheap austin brand one...id get a gibson
ITS A MESSAGE IN BLOOD! ITS YOUR CRYPTIC WARNING!