Has anyone had any experience with.....

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Has anyone had any experience with.....

Post by PABassPlayer »

a Mighty Mite (licenced) Fender neck?

I am rebuilding a project Fender P bass fretless, that I am making a fretted bass. I purchased a neck from Mighty Mite, maple/maple fretboard and in the ad it states: "All Mighty Mite Necks are finished in Oil Based Poly"

I received the neck and as far as I can tell, there is no finish on the neck at all.

Has anyone bought one of these, and if so what was the finish on it like and how did/has it held up with normal wear and tear?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I refinished the neck anyway with 3 coats of satin laquer, I spent 3 hours today fitting the neck into the neck pocket, it wasn't just a drop in and bolt on. I used a dremel and some finishing chisels, but I finally got it perfect. I soldered in a set of '62 Vintage P bass pickups, Fender USA 250K pots and used all fabric sheilded vintage Fender wiring. A Badass II bridge because I couldn't find any string through bodies. Other than 2 screw for the pickguard and I have to pick up some knobs, this is the finished product.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

That is fucking sweet man, customizing your own guitar takes a lot of time and skillz. :tup:
Suck me
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

warmoth are fender dealers and they could have made a neck to fit the bass
... You're killing me, Smalls.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Wayne wrote:warmoth are fender dealers and they could have made a neck to fit the bass
In retrospect, Warmoth was probably the way to go, if I was gonna do it again, I would use a Warmoth. While they are more pricey, I guess you get what you pay for.

I have about $270.00 into this and it sounds, feels and plays like a $1000.00 USA P bass, so I guess I can't complain.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"