For BassPhemy

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

For BassPhemy

Post by Muffin »

BassPhemy wrote:I'd answer these questions, but you're a faggot. Somebody not gay remake this thread.
Was it always your first choice to play bass ?

Who told you you could actually play bass ?

When/ where/ how/ was your first gig ?

Any backing vocals ?

Who are your influences ?

Any other project work in the pipeline ?

Whats your role in the band ?

are plecs for pussies ?
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

:lol:
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Re: For BassPhemy

Post by BassPhemy »

Muffin wrote:Was it always your first choice to play bass ?

Any backing vocals ?

are plecs for pussies ?
I started on guitar but moved to bass later because it sounds cooler and its a sexier instrument to play. Guitars don't feel sexy when you play them.

I don't know.

It was quite a while ago. I got paid in alcohol.

From time to time.

Too many to list, but at the moment its Ween.

No.

I play bass :roll: co-write songs and do backup and sometimes lead vocals.

With picks I lose speed, dexterity and feel as well as tone. For pussies? No. For some types of music a pick sounds better.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

:lol:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BassPhemy wrote:
Too many to list, but at the moment its Ween.
You are exonerated.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

And since Muffin made this thread, I'll indulge:

When I was in middle school, I actually played guitar until someone told me I played it like a bass. It felt a lot more natural in my hands as well.

Who told you you could actually play bass ? Lots of people, even when I was playing guitar!

My first gig was playing some LAbor Day picnic at some party house my freshman year of college. I had put a band together the month before and was offered the gig without actually having any material. We wrote a bunch of basic metal songs and just played really fast. It was kind of bad, but it's not like anyone noticed.

Any backing vocals ? Not terribly often. I have to sing along with some choruses here and there, but only where low vocals would fit since I can't sing up high for shit.

Who are your influences ? I started out jamming to Black Flag and Megadeth albums, but I'd say I gleaned more from bassists like Geddy Lee, Jaco, Eric Avery, John Paul Jones, and John Entwistle. I listened to a lot of jazz guys too, sometimes not even knowing who they were. I'm enarmored currently with shit like James Brown right now because I'm working on new approaches.

I'm finishing up a CD as we speak. Renegade recording again. No click tracks or anything of the sort. We just recorded live and direct with a drummer and are doing a few overdubs and that's it. Sounds good so far. Definitely has that "looser" 70's feel before bands Pro-Tooled their albums to death. I'm playing out a lot too.

Other than bassist, a lot of songwriting duties, engineering and production, and this weekend I'm working on all the artwork/layout for the CD. I'm a control freak for the most part.

are plecs for pussies ? I don't much care for them, but some songs require the attack you get from them. My main band jumps around the gamut of styles, so sometimes I have to suck it up and play one even though it doesn't feel as natural.
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

"Are plecs for pussies?" What the hell? :lol:
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Maelstrom wrote:"Are plecs for pussies?" What the hell? :lol:
Are you a pick player, Mael? :shock:
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

I use it sometimes, my finger technique is mediocre at best :x
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

For what it's worth...

I played trumpet in jazz band in school and realized that I lacked natural talent for it. My teacher suggested I try bass and it all came to me easier.

I guess at first, my band teacher. Now, the guys in my band.

When/ where/ how/ was your first gig ?Actual first, was a huge house party when I was 18 in upstate NY.
about 200 drunk kids. We were a AC/DC tribute band.

Any backing vocals ?
Very few, I lack the ability to play and sing at the same time.

There have been many at different points of the 26 years of playing.
Most recently are Duff McKeegan, Bob Daisly and Mike Inez. None of them are flashy or complicated, but all are great "in the pocket" bass
players that write great walking bass lines.

yes, I still have my original project, and forming a new cover band.

playing bass, PR work and booking

are plecs for pussies ?
I am a finger player, I only use fingers on my original music.
On cover music, I use picks if the song was written with one to
reproduce the same sound.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

If this thread was truely for me you wouldn't allow false musicians like PAButtPlug in it.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

BassPhemy wrote:If this thread was truely for me you wouldn't allow false musicians like PAButtPlug in it.
I can't, I need mod powerz for that. :)
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

Pflöyd wrote:are plecs for pussies ? I don't much care for them, but some songs require the attack you get from them. My main band jumps around the gamut of styles, so sometimes I have to suck it up and play one even though it doesn't feel as natural.
stating the obvious but you get such a stronger sound when you play with your fingers but some find that troublesome
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Jericho wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:are plecs for pussies ? I don't much care for them, but some songs require the attack you get from them. My main band jumps around the gamut of styles, so sometimes I have to suck it up and play one even though it doesn't feel as natural.
stating the obvious but you get such a stronger sound when you play with your fingers but some find that troublesome
No you don't, stupid. You get a much stronger sound when you play with a piece of plastic than you do when you play with a penis-like appendage.
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

BassPhemy wrote:
Jericho wrote:
No you don't, stupid. You get a much stronger sound when you play with a piece of plastic than you do when you play with a penis-like appendage.
yeah but you also have a more vibrant, natural and dynamic sound if you play with your fingers you dumb cunt :lol:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Jericho wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Jericho wrote:
yeah but you also have a more vibrant, natural and dynamic sound if you play with your fingers you dumb cunt :lol:
Thats what people who know their asses from holes in the ground refer to as "tone". Tone and loudness are two different things, idiot.
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

BassPhemy wrote:
Jericho wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Jericho wrote:
Thats what people who know their asses from holes in the ground refer to as "tone". Tone and loudness are two different things, idiot.
I know :jew:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Jericho wrote:
Strong and consistant are two different things. If you want a tight, focused, and consistant attack, you aren't going to use your fingers.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Fucking idiot :D
Suck me
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

BassPhemy wrote:If this thread was truely for me you wouldn't allow false musicians like PAButtPlug in it.
guess it wasn't for you after all.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

PABassPlayer wrote:
guess it wasn't for you after all.
correct, it was for ME! :PP:
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

OH FUCKIN BOOBIES ME NEXT

Was it always your first choice to play bass ? No, I wanted to play guitar, but I decided too many people play the guit-fid so I picked up the bass guitar

Who told you you could actually play bass ? Everyone I knew who heard me playing full songs after only having my bass for 4 days.

When/ where/ how/ was your first gig ? A few years ago. New hampshire. It was one of the best experiences of my life!

Any backing vocals ? I can do them.

Who are your influences ? as far as bassists: roger patterson (atheist), tony choy, eric langlois, tim commerford, cliff burton, jaco. Bands: pig destroyer, the red chord, deadwater drowning, cephalic carnage, the beatles

Any other project work in the pipeline ? I've been toying with a guitar writing grindcore music and I am currently looking for a grind/death band to join playing bass

Whats your role in the band ? I'll be main chef and souffle chef while I finger bang old women with vaginas that are held to their body with ducttape. I will also play my bass

are plecs for pussies ? No, some people decide they like pics better. Not i.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
DJImmortal
Creampuff

Post by DJImmortal »

Muffin wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:I'd answer these questions, but you're a faggot. Somebody not gay remake this thread.

Any backing vocals ?

are plecs for pussies ?
Yes

Me.

Yes.

Rex Brown, Les Claypool and Paul Gray.

Acoustic guitar.

Bass/backing vocal/orgy director.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

DJImmortal wrote:
Rex Brown, Les Claypool and Paul Gray.
wtf? :lol:
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

Muffin wrote:

Any backing vocals ?

are plecs for pussies ?
1. I started in the school band on sax, which my folks loved but I hated. I chose the bass next because I wanted to shake the fillings out of people's heads.

2. I just decided I was going to do it & tried as hard as I could to do it well. My parents were really supportive & my first teacher was excellent, a great guy who is unfortunately no longer in this world.

3. I was the only bass student at the music store where my teacher worked. The gig was supporting something like 20 different guitarists at East Towne Mall in Madison WI. I got to play a solo & did "Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth". My teacher sent me $20 & a thank you note in the mail.

4. Constantly, and moving toward lead vox as well. I'm tired of depending on someone else to sing my songs the way I want them sung.

5. Duff McKagan, Cliff, Jason, & Rob, Mike Inez, James Jamerson, Rex, Steve Harris, Geezer Butler, & that freak from Mudvayne. Tons of other musicians & bands & producers, too, esp. Terry Date, Randy Staub, Rick Rubin, and the allmighty John Fuckin' Custer.

6. Always thinking about different types of stuff. Would love to write for TV, movies, or especially video games. Working on some acoustic stuff currently, and trying to improve my vocals. When $ & space permit, I'll be setting up a full band backline so I can play my own guitar, bass, drum & vocal parts plus record it all. I've been playing all those instruments for at least 15 years each, some closer to 20.

7. I'm not currently in a band because I don't want to rely on anyone else & then be let down, plus I'm tyring to get a few non-musical business things off the ground.

8. Pick, fingers, thumb, drumstick, bike chain...everyone quit your goddamn bitching & just use what sounds best for each situation, you fuckin' idiots!!!!!!!!!! :fur:

PS-I have lots of knowledge about music from the perspectives of a player, producer, and engineer & I'd be happy to share what I know with anyone who gives enough of a damn to ask.
"I'm tryin' to save these boys' LIVES, you crawlin' bookworm! Stand in my way, and I'll pulverize you into chicken droppings!"