officially pussified

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

officially pussified

Post by PABassPlayer »

well, with the demise of my rock/metal band, I have joined a "mainstream" band playing the music I often make fun of.

I am a whore.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

:tdown:
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Zivi wrote::tdown:
it was that, or have all my gear just sit and collect dust.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

You could always start your own band. If I wanted to hear other people's music, I'd spin their CD. Cover bands do make money though, that counts for something.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

SuicideNote wrote:You could always start your own band. If I wanted to hear other people's music, I'd spin their CD. Cover bands do make money though, that counts for something.
my point exactly. I have 8 G's in PA, 4 G's in bass gear, 1 G in lighting and a 300.00 a month rehearsal room, that there is a waiting line of about 15 bands wanting to take it from me. If I didn't get myself into a money making situation, I actually have a lot to lose. we were averaging about 2500.00 a month income, not huge money, but you sure do miss it when it's not there.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Uhh, wait. Your band makes 2500 a month? Do you need a new guitar player? :lol:

My band room costs 250$, with 4 dudes in the band that's 62.50/ea per month. We've been renting that room since April of last year and still have yet to make a dime back. 62.50 is chicken feed. However if my band all quit on me, I'd probably keep the room until I could find new peeps.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

SuicideNote wrote:Uhh, wait. Your band makes 2500 a month? Do you need a new guitar player? :lol:

My band room costs 250$, with 4 dudes in the band that's 62.50/ea per month. We've been renting that room since April of last year and still have yet to make a dime back. 62.50 is chicken feed. However if my band all quit on me, I'd probably keep the room until I could find new peeps.
2500.00 a month, average 3 shows a month at around 750.00 to 800.00 a show. 5 band members, a sound guy and a light guy....all on even cut. That works out to about 350.00 a month per person, or about 115.00 per show per person. and 300.00 a month comes out of that.

the new band, pussy music = more shows (easier to book). 4 members rather than 5 = more money. It just made sense (cents) to go this direction. It does suck that i have to compromise the music I love to make money, but I can still get together with my metal head friends bands and jam with them.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

Bands where I'm at make $200 a show per member. Just gotta know all the Hawaiian, popular reggae and classic rock songs.You can do 3-6 gigs on a weekend. Oh and the hotels pay $300 to $400 per person in a band. Fuck I gotta find me a band. My bass equipment is collecting dust.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Some of the cover bands around here can make up to $2500 a gig. I'd never be able to sit through renditions of "My Girl" to do it though.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

FatRufusFucksYou wrote:My bass equipment is collecting dust.
Send me your amp :tup:
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.