floyd rose

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

floyd rose

Post by Dawdy »

i just got a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo. now what im wondering is, how can i set the...(tension?)....so that it feels like my other guitar which has a fixed bridge. I dont like the way it feels and sounds when im palm muting, like the strings feel looser. Should i tighten up the claw screws? add another spring (it has 3)?, or both?
The Poacher Diaries
Cowboy From Hell

Post by The Poacher Diaries »

quit
I hope you hear me coming, I hope you turn your head
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

No, no, you see what happens is, uh, I find out where you live and then I come to your house, see? And, I beat down your door with a fucking baseball bat! And, then I'm gonna make a bonfire with the Chipendale. Maybe roast that Golden Retriever, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, then eat it! And, then I'm coming upstairs, junior, and I'm gonna grab you by your Brooks Bros. P.J.s, and then I'm gonna take your brand new B.M.W., and cram it up your tight ass! Do we have an understanding!?

ok now back to the question
The Poacher Diaries
Cowboy From Hell

Post by The Poacher Diaries »

:lol:

sorry, I didn't know it was like that

try googling your problem.
I hope you hear me coming, I hope you turn your head
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Dawdy wrote:No, no, you see what happens is, uh, I find out where you live and then I come to your house, see? And, I beat down your door with a fucking baseball bat! And, then I'm gonna make a bonfire with the Chipendale. Maybe roast that Golden Retriever, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, then eat it! And, then I'm coming upstairs, junior, and I'm gonna grab you by your Brooks Bros. P.J.s, and then I'm gonna take your brand new B.M.W., and cram it up your tight ass! Do we have an understanding!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: +

i need to come to this forum more often if shit like this keeps occurring. :x
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Dawdy wrote:No, no, you see what happens is, uh, I find out where you live and then I come to your house, see? And, I beat down your door with a fucking baseball bat! And, then I'm gonna make a bonfire with the Chipendale. Maybe roast that Golden Retriever, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, then eat it! And, then I'm coming upstairs, junior, and I'm gonna grab you by your Brooks Bros. P.J.s, and then I'm gonna take your brand new B.M.W., and cram it up your tight ass! Do we have an understanding!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: +

i need to come to this forum more often if shit like this keeps occurring. :x
It doesn't. Dawdy, if you want your guitar to feel like it has a fixed bridge, play one with a fixed bridge :lol:
'Sblood
Vulgar Bastard

Post by 'Sblood »

or buy a tremsetter
Hello, thanks for reading my signature. Here you will find useful, sometimes insightful, information regarding popular culture and other current topics of interest. One of the most bombastic certainties in a long god damn time.. YOU know what the fuck
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Re: floyd rose

Post by jimmysux »

Dawdy wrote:i just got a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo. now what im wondering is, how can i set the...(tension?)....so that it feels like my other guitar which has a fixed bridge. I dont like the way it feels and sounds when im palm muting, like the strings feel looser. Should i tighten up the claw screws? add another spring (it has 3)?, or both?
You can take it and have the trem set by a shop, stick a block of wood in there and totaly defeat the purpose of having a floyd, or like slash suggested get a tremsetter.
Nonetheless, I left trems alone a long time ago, fucking things go out of tune all the time.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

'Sblood wrote:or buy a tremsetter
i fucking love you :aargh:

this sounds like its going to fix both my problems. the 2nd being that when i use the whammy bar, my shit goes out of tune. the trem doesnt pull all the way back. i have to give it a slight pull the other way for it to go back into tune. stupid jackson licensed floyd :tdown:
'Sblood
Vulgar Bastard

Post by 'Sblood »

pay a guitar shop to install it for you
Hello, thanks for reading my signature. Here you will find useful, sometimes insightful, information regarding popular culture and other current topics of interest. One of the most bombastic certainties in a long god damn time.. YOU know what the fuck
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

Dawdy wrote:
'Sblood wrote:or buy a tremsetter
i fucking love you :aargh:

this sounds like its going to fix both my problems. the 2nd being that when i use the whammy bar, my shit goes out of tune. the trem doesnt pull all the way back. i have to give it a slight pull the other way for it to go back into tune. stupid jackson licensed floyd :tdown:
I dont think anything fixes the whammy bar use/out of tune problem. I haven't seen one that is used and stays in tune for more than the length of the song it was used for.