Anselmo's Performances

Talk about anything Pantera related....
...get up and kill!!!
Creampuff

Anselmo's Performances

Post by ...get up and kill!!! »

The second half of the Behind the Music focused alot on Phil's drug addiction. They kept showing a video, fro what appeared to be fro the same show, of Phil stumbling around, falling, missing lyrics, ect... And I've read alot about Phil having performance problems at the end. Ok, sorry, my question... I've seen pantera 5 times in my life (mostly during the last 2 - 3 years, 99 - 01). Every fucking time Dime, Rex, Vince, and Phil were 110%... Everytime! I just want to know if any of you ever went to a Pantera show where Phil acted like this? Plus i saw SJR twice, although he was obviously stoned outta his mind, still a flawless performance.
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel
I will fuck you up

Post by Spoke In The Fuckin wheel »

i've seen them 5 times myself and all I ever heard him talk about was how Metallica sucks now and, and he threatened someone in the front row for making needle shooting gestures. This was during the trendkill tour. He seemed ok to me. He told the heckler to fuck himself , that he danced with the devil and won.
" Tighten It Up" Dimebag.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Spoke In The Fuckin wheel wrote: he threatened someone in the front row for making needle shooting gestures.
:lol:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Inked and Scarred
Creampuff

Post by Inked and Scarred »

I've seen Pantera 6 times,Superjoint-4 times and Down-3...no I've never seen him that fucking hammered...not so hammered he's fallen offstage or anything.Course he does his ranting & raving but that's normal for him I think. :D
hostilenative
Creampuff

Post by hostilenative »

I was fortunate to have seen Pantera 14 times between 94 and 01. Almost every time I saw them they were 100% bad ass, but the few times that they weren't 100% Phil was the weak link. One particular show he was so drunk he spent most of the set leaning on a mic stand slurring words or growling unrecognizable bullshit into the mic. Then right before Pantera officialy broke up I saw Down, and they kicked ass. But Phil spent the last 45 min of the show flat on his back. He still sang the songs but wouldn't get up even when Pepper was kicking him. I had tickets for a Superjoint show and the day of the show, Phil was so wasted they couldn't even get him off the bus. Show canceled. I was also lucky enough to have met the Pantera boys on several occasions and every time I did they were ALL getting fucked up. Thats what you do for a living when your a rock star. It just seemed to affect Phil more than the other guys. I never remember one time hearing Rex Vinnie or Dime fuck up a song even a little. I really think Phil was right when he said "I need Vinnie Paul real bad.", in the behind the music, but the way things ended I dont know if that will ever happen. I wish all of them well and am thankfull to have been part of the Pantera revolution.
They truly were STRONGER THAN ALL.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

phil, in his own words, is supposedly a psychic. that is why if anything you may have seen him all over the stage drunk. it wasnt any other drug, it was booze. he knew what was going to happen and he knew nobody would believe so he took out his pain, and stress out on booze. :no:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
slickrick
Creampuff

Post by slickrick »

After hearing Phil on the VH1 show.. I know were he was. Pantera was huge he had back pain. You can not take off a year when you are on top. It was thier time on top.

Think of a NFL football player playing with a broken bone and getting all doped up before a game to make it through. He has a few years to play and then it is over. He is seen as a hero

Same thing for Phil he just got burried by the Mags for dealing with it..
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

There is a lot of bullshit in this thread.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Its General Pantera Discussion, its like telling a black man he's worthless.
richard
Lynch Mob

Post by richard »

summers_eve wrote:
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel wrote: he threatened someone in the front row for making needle shooting gestures.
:lol:
ichiro suzuki #1
hostilenative
Creampuff

Post by hostilenative »

Like telling a black man hes worthless? Bullshit if I raise the price.
Amy
Hail Dimebag

Post by Amy »

Last time I saw Pantera, he was sitting down a lot, and he apologized saying he was having back problems, and the meds weren't really helping. I still think he did fine that night. So he went off on a rant or two... who cares? They still played every song on the set list, Dime still did the Flood's solo right in front of me, and my nipples were hard for a week. :tup:
[quote="Brandon"]another funny thing i noticed as i was cleaning out my car.... some chicks phone number... written on the back of a paper which on the front had my chalmydia prescription.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Amy wrote:Last time I saw Pantera, he was sitting down a lot, and he apologized saying he was having back problems, and the meds weren't really helping. I still think he did fine that night. So he went off on a rant or two... who cares? They still played every song on the set list, Dime still did the Flood's solo right in front of me, and my nipples were hard for a week. :tup:
:|):