Mouth For War tuning

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

:lol:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

Chris wrote:RTS - all halfway between D and Db, except i'll cast a shadow (and possibly it makes them disappear, not sure) which is dropped C (tuned 1/4 flat)
I read an interview from back in 2000 where Dime said he used 4 different tunings for RTS :|):
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Aeon wrote:Listen you jackass. Tune DGCFAD.
If you want to tune like that, then his best bet would be to tune to just standard.

Otherwise playing to the actual record, he should go 1/4 step down from Standard.

But "haha", good one!
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

warhead dime wrote:
If you want to tune like that, then his best bet would be to tune to just standard.

Otherwise playing to the actual record, he should go 1/4 step down from Standard.

But "haha", good one!
Yeah I know. But this jackass obviously doesn't get what you are explaining to him, so the best option for him would just go DGCFAD.
PS - You got any new songs out?
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Aeon wrote:
warhead dime wrote:

But "haha", good one!
Yeah I know. But this jackass obviously doesn't get what you are explaining to him, so the best option for him would just go DGCFAD.
PS - You got any new songs out?
:lol: That reminds me of how everyone was telling that guy to get a metronome so he could stop breaking sticks.

Don't know if you heard Eye For An Eye yet but it's been on our myspace. Our cd comes out in about 3 weeks. I'm excited for everyone to hear "Ashes of Pompeii", because we haven't put it online yet. It's fucking badass. I always say it's our "Master of Puppets".
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Yeah I've heard Ashes of Pompeii, good song. :tup:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Aeon wrote:Yeah I've heard Ashes of Pompeii, good song. :tup:
Whoa, how?
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Ah shit, wrong song title. :lol:
I got it mixed up with The Smell of Napalm in the Mourning.
From seeing this
Ashes of Pompeii and The Smell of Napalm in the Mourning (view more)
I assumed you just shortened the song title. But it's two different songs, my bad.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

That bothers me. That bothers me so much I actually signed onto my band's account and put quotations around both songs names so that when people read it, they will know that it is two different songs and not just one song.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

It is hilarious when half of the people here are retarded, and the other half know where the bear shit in the buckwheat, but the only thing the retards do is argue with the other retards... as well as argue with the smart ones. The smart ones don't say anything worth a nickel to the retards because the retards wont listen in the first place.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

You're weird
abyssspecter
n0ob

Post by abyssspecter »

i think its funny everyone freaks out when i say how i play something. god forbid i try to do things my way.
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

Dime Tunes the same fucking way Eddie Van Halen tunes wich is like mid way between the E and E flat(440)
For a rotten soul, Death is the most prestigious destination
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

-Dimebag- wrote:Dime Tunes the same fucking way Eddie Van Halen tunes wich is like mid way between the E and E flat(440)
Well it's not like that hasn't been said in this fucking thread before, right, dumbass? :roll:
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

[/quote]
:lol: That reminds me of how everyone was telling that guy to get a metronome so he could stop breaking sticks.

haha yea i remember that, and i told him to buy a jungle of metronomes and click them off at different beats, ah fuck you were there.
you know sometimes i wonder..
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:

haha yea i remember that, and i told him to buy a jungle of metronomes and click them off at different beats, ah fuck you were there.[/quote]

Stop posting you dumb fuck.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

dead forever wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:

haha yea i remember that, and i told him to buy a jungle of metronomes and click them off at different beats, ah fuck you were there.
Stop posting you dumb fuck.[/quote]

:x :fur: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no :roll:
you know sometimes i wonder..
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

abyssspecter wrote:
Chris wrote:VDOP - all halfway between E and Eb except a new level and walk which are halfway between D and Db
I play Walk down 1 and a 3/4s of a step. which is C# on low E. it sounds right to me...
c# is one and a half steps down

walk is done in standard or 1/4 of a step down, or its whatever effects dimes used to make it sound a little lower/heavier
"What do these deer think when they see you coming?"

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:
Chris wrote:VDOP - all halfway between E and Eb except a new level and walk which are halfway between D and Db
I play Walk down 1 and a 3/4s of a step. which is C# on low E. it sounds right to me...

walk is done in standard or 1/4 of a step down, or its whatever effects dimes used to make it sound a little lower/heavier
Suck my fucking cock, asshole.
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

how can I suck it baby when its tucked all the way into that diaper :|):

do I get a chocolate surprise if I go on an adventure to look for it

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:

no, walk is DGCFAD slightly flat.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Tune DGCFAD. Lock this goddamn thread.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Just tune to the fucking record!
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

Chris wrote:
anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:

its not a full fucking step down idiot

Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

:lol: @This thread
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

DGCFAD
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

:lol: :lol:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Aeon wrote:DGCFAD
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

anty wrote:
Chris wrote:
anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:

:no: It's not a full step down. You obviously have never played a guitar.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

i know its not and i know you wernt referencing me

fuck my ass :x

summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

anty wrote:i know its not and i know you wernt referencing me

fuck my ass :x
NO....I want you to stop shitting all over everything. :aargh:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

anty wrote:
Chris wrote:
anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:

yes it is, are you fucking deaf? dimebag even said so in one of his guitar world lessons.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Chris wrote:
anty wrote:
Chris wrote:
anty wrote:
abyssspecter wrote:

yes it is, are you fucking deaf? dimebag even said so in one of his guitar world lessons.
Correct, but just to shut people up.

"Hey, Dad! What's shaking? This month we're gonna rap about a few ways you can pump maximum heaviness into a riff.

DROP 'EM!

One of the simplest ways to get some extra low-end grind happening is to use what a lot of guys call dropped-D tuning. It can definitely inspire you to jam out some bad-assed riffs. Just drop your low-E string down to D and leave the rest of your strings where they are. Your axe'll by tuned, from low to high, D, A, D, G, B and E. Check it out: hitting the three low strings open gives you a nasty D5 chord (Figure 1), and you can play any power chord you want just using one left-hand finger (Figure 2)! Pantera uses this tuning on the likes of "Primal Concrete Sledge" (Cowboys From Hell) and "No Good (Attack The Radical)" (Vulgar Display Of Power).

If the dropped-D tuning ain't heavy enough for ya, you can always tune you whole guitar down a tone-so your strings go, from low to high, D, G, C, F, A, D. Doing this can make a riff sound heavier than shit, which is why we used it for "Walk" (Vulgar Display Of Power). I'll tell ya, if Phil (Anselmo, Pantera singer) had his way, I would play all our shit in this tuning! To me, though, it's much more effective when used once in a while-if we did it on every song, it'd get old real quick! So, whenever Phil gets on me about it, I just go, "Hey, Dad! Cut it!"
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]