a vision of The Gates

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Angry Andy
Creampuff

a vision of The Gates

Post by Angry Andy »

It appeared to me in a dream:

A roaring crowd pushed up against a sizable stage in an outdoor festival as we see a brief pause in the insanity that is a Pantera set, circa 1996. Two roadies quickly whisk onto the stage- one carrying a second SM58 with a boom mic stand, the other was carrying a wooden stool and a Fender acoustic 6-string guitar that had seen better days. The first roadie sits the stand down center stage, splitting Philip's wedges, and then slaps the mic on the stand. The second roadie places the stool in position and hands Philip the guitar, idly standing by during the pause. After plugging a 1/4" cable into the butt of the guitar, the second roadie disappears.

Pantera begins to play "Cemetery Gates".

"Reverend, Reverend, is this a conspiracy?...," Philip sings into the stationary mic, slunched over on the stool with the Fender in his lap.

A fermata'd note and Vinnie's crescendo'ing cymbal roll conclude the first section of the intro. A slight beat...

"On lead guitar- Dimebag Darrell!!!," Philip exclaims, gesturing in the pink-bearded man's direction, stage left. Enter Dimebag's first solo. Philip continues to play the rhythm acoustic countermelody (as written) under Dime's solo with severe deliberance, carefully eyeing the motions of his own hands.

The last note of the solo- Philip kicks the stool backwards and rises up in one motion, raising the Fender by its neck, clear over his head and holds ti there for a beat- then, he slams it down on one of the wedges in front of him in precise synchronization with the first attack of the big hit, smashing it into pieces...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love "Cemetery Gates" as it is on the album, and it was a damn good tune to hear live. But did you ever wonder just how practical it could have been to hear the song live in its entirety?

Fuck- my point is moot, anyway.
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

wtf
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

:shock:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

You're sick man. I haven't had a dream related to Pantera, and if i do, i predict it would have something to do with Dimebag. RIP
i love you
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

:oops:
lolz
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Someone post the story of Phil fucking an animal.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

you nede fuckin g help
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.