Morley A/B/Y Converter

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Morley A/B/Y Converter

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I was looking at this thing because it was referred to me for a live performance....

This thing has an A side and an B side both with their own switches, so if i ran streight from my amps input into the input/output of this Morley A/B/Y converter, then could i possibly run all of my distorn effects/wah/noise gate on the A side, then switch off to the B side for all of my clean channel effects?
Suck me
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

yeah, you could (if I'm not mistaken), but you'd still have to change channels in addition to doing it. that's really not a good idea.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Ben, whats your take on a good live set-up then, in reference to switching from distortion to clean back to distortion
Suck me
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Buy a good head and run it through a good cab. It's pretty simple.

Our other guitarist secured a used 5150 (original series, with the block letters) and plays it through a Behringer cab with Jensen speakers in it. Aside from the fact that the cab is incredibly fucking heavy, his tone is great. The only tweaking you'll need with one of those 5150's is an eq pedal; I've found that they generally have pretty weak mids. Throw in a decent graphic eq, push your mids up some, and you've got a thick, heavy fucking tone. I can't vouch for the clean channel, however, as we don't use it. But this is the amp that Machine Head used on their first two albums (and maybe some of the subsequent ones as well, I'm not sure) so that can give you an idea of the tone you can get out of it. :tup:

If you want to go for a cheaper head, like I said, go for the RH100. Balls on Parade, who posts here, can also vouch for their tone. I don't know what they did right in these amps that most other companies don't do in lower-priced solid state heads, but this sounds really good. It's not going to give you an incredibly saturated tone, so if you are going for some incredibly distorted tone ala Nile, keep looking. The clean is pretty good; not the best ever, of course, but not bad if you've got an axe with decent pickups.

Hope that helps.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I believe that Machine Head used the 5150 on their latest album as well. I've heard that they don't have a "clean" channel, but rythm and lead channels instead? Can you get decent cleans out of it?