Live Set-up

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Live Set-up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I am starting a band and i want to play live but i need some help with my live setup..

I have a Randall RG200 amp i was wanting to use for distortion but the clean channel sucks... i know i could run a chorus pedal to spice it up but i dont want to have to switch to clean channel and switch off my distortion effects then swithch my chorus on during a live performance just to have a good clean tone.....

I have been thinking about using one of the converters that lets you use 2 amplifiers...i have a Marshall MG100 halfstack that would sound pretty good with a chorus pedal on some clean passages

I was just wondering if using the converter to just switch between the two amps would be the way to go or if some of you guys have a better way to set up a rig for live performances

Thx for the help
Suck me
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Well if you use 2 different amp combinations you'll have to mic each cabinent and mix them properly to even out the volume levels when you switch rigs. You could also just switch the amp heads and use the same cabinent. Either way I'm pretty sure this is more of a "Pro" setup. Most local bands don't have the funds or stage space available to run such a setup. I'd be interested to see pictures once you get it all worked out.

It's a cool idea although I've never played with any band that did this.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 8?v=glance

I'm not sure, is this what you're looking for?
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Hmm hold on a sec. let me see if i can find the one i was looking at....I was wondering if you any of you play live and if you could give me an idea of how to set up your distortion and clean channels so you can have a smooth switch without much delay or button pressing
Suck me
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

get a better amp.

the other guy is right; for the most part, using two different amp setups is impractical for less-than-pro players. also, you've got two cheap ass amps. sell them both and just buy a good head. as I said in the other head, the rh100 is the only solid state worth playing. it's cheap as hell and you'd never think it, but it sounds really fucking good if you know how to actually eq an amplifier.

conversely, you could sell both heads, save a bit, and get a used 5150 or XXX, which both sound good :tup:
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]