powertabs.net and other powertab sites

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

powertabs.net and other powertab sites

Post by SuicideNote »

Are down because they are scared of the legality issues surrounding unlicensed music. Powertabs? This angers me greatly. The internet is becoming gayer by the day. What was once a free and open place to share (steal) freely has become a nightmare of lawsuits and scaresuits.

I don't think this powertab thing threatens anybody. What the fuck? It was just access to information. Wikipedia is next on the docket.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Yes, it's a load of bullshit. However, maybe now I'll learn to transcribe from ear.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

if you want powertabs, they've got the entire archive on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

i think this copyright stuff is bullshit. mysongbook is still up, as are hundreds of other tab websites.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I don't use powertabs much but they sure are nice to have when you hear a bad ass riff and wonder how they pulled that off.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Cheers DBS.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

thats probably the first time ive posted a link that goes where i said it did.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

... You're killing me, Smalls.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

is this why mxtabs has been down?
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

axlash wrote:is this why mxtabs has been down?
Probably, but Mxtabs sucks anyway.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

mxtabs is now some pussy ass music review site now that links to this pile fecal vomit... http://www.sputnikmusic.com/
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

It sucks that i cant get a tab as accurate as i could on powertabs.net. I am now forced to buy overpriced tab books for music i already own and have paid for. $15.00 CD and another $15-20.00 for the tabs is some pretty shitty business.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

I think powertabs' archive is back up again. Not complete though... but i dont think you have to worry much about finding extreme metal tabs in that archive.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
WarPig
Vulgar Bastard

Post by WarPig »

man guitar pro is so much better. it may be slower, but it's more user friendly. www.mysongbook.com
[quote="Razorkill999"]go play on a fuckin harmonica.[/quote][quote="Edna Bodine"]not an insult.[/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

powertab is free tho
... You're killing me, Smalls.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Wayne wrote:powertab is free tho
i have a complete gp4 version with serial numbers etc. if anybody wants it. guitar pro is useful but its not as good as powertab, unless you like drums on your midi songs. i only use guitar pro when the tab isnt available on powertab.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

If you want just plain old tabs....these sites are pretty good...

www.guitarmasta.net

www.bassmasta.net
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

does the thread title read 'plain old tabs and other plain old tabs sites?'
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Lean to play by ear. No wonder music sucks these days, nobody has to work to be able to play anymore so they have no way to translate their creativity into what they want to play.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

BassPhemy wrote:Lean to play by ear. No wonder music sucks these days, nobody has to work to be able to play anymore so they have no way to translate their creativity into what they want to play.
I agree, I generally use tabs as a reference after I learn something, or I will take a look at them if I cannot hear something because as usual the guitar player is too loud and trying to be cool.

I put the sites up for the folks that need that crutch.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

BassPhemy wrote:Lean to play by ear. No wonder music sucks these days, nobody has to work to be able to play anymore so they have no way to translate their creativity into what they want to play.
Playing by ear and being able to figure out riffs on your own is a valuable learned skill that is definitly missing in young musicians. I can't remember the number of times that I've heard the "latest pop/rock song" being played in my local guitar shop the wrong way. Now if the kid would have any ear for music he would know that something is wrong. Why are they playing it wrong? Because the tab that they learned it from is wrong.

Now on the other hand, I'd rather take my chances with a highly rated powertab and learn the new Killswitch Engage riff in 5 minutes than to spend a few hours figuring out the stupid lick on your own only to miss that little hammeron during the 2rd run on the D string.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

PABassPlayer wrote:If you want just plain old tabs....these sites are pretty good...

www.guitarmasta.net

www.bassmasta.net

the best site is, WWW.911TABS.COM

they list every site that has a tab, give it a rating, and provide power tabs, guitar pro tabs, bass tabs, durm tabs, the works. if it sint there. it doesnt exist. literally.

check it out
you know sometimes i wonder..