Vetta II, Flextone II (or III), Fender Cybertwin

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Vetta II, Flextone II (or III), Fender Cybertwin

Post by stoic »

Anyone own, play, heard played...any of these.

Like I said before, I don't need to go super loud. I've been playing a bunch of shit in stores. Am loooking to spend up to 2000 on an amp. and I don't know shit.....other than I want something I can hear a ton of different tones through. It's gotta be big enough for small clubs. I hear some of these modelling combos can be used as heads, etc. Whoever..whatever. say something about em. if you're a tube elitest...save it. I don't care enough about tone to give thaaat much of a shit. if you have mp3's showing the difference, please post em. I just want something that'll keep me inspired enough to keep practicing. I've heard Fenders suck for metal. and I can't have that. But I think that one I was talking about my college roommate having (in the line 6 thread) was a cybertwin (or deluxe). don't quite remember.

can anyone verify or controvert the fender sucking metal data?
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

also, what's been your guys' experience buying used shit? anyone make any serious Ebay equipment purchases? I'm not big on buying (any) shit new.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Buy yourself one of the rackmount POD's
A decent 50/50 watt tube power amp
An ADA MP-1 from Voodoo Amps
And a footswitch type of thing so you can program the tones.
That will be about 1500$
Buy yourself a 2x12 cab or a 4x12 cab.
Voila
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Aeon wrote:Buy yourself one of the rackmount POD's
A decent 50/50 watt tube power amp
An ADA MP-1 from Voodoo Amps
And a footswitch type of thing so you can program the tones.
That will be about 1500$
Buy yourself a 2x12 cab or a 4x12 cab.
Voila
this is your best option for sound. but the only way its gonna sound good is if you go with a VHT 50/50 power amp. its gonna get rid of that digital sound and make it sound like any tube amp.

if you don't want to do this go with the vettaII, most options, best sound. for real.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

thanks, guys. here's 2 parts of the sound I'm after.

the vetta 2 video.

http://line6.com/vetta_ii/US/video.htm

one is 9B "machine gun" (sounds like KWS only digital) at 2:43

the other is 10B "iron man" at 3:17 (using hb win media)

I don't know what else I'd get that with, but if I come close..I'll be happy enough I spose.

aeon. thanks..I'll google around about all that shit.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

also, I'll need something that's retard distorted so I can play death metal with, but I imagine i'll be able to fuck with the vetta to get it, yeah?
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

You startin a death metal band, stoic?
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

stoic wrote:also, I'll need something that's retard distorted so I can play death metal with, but I imagine i'll be able to fuck with the vetta to get it, yeah?
Yeah.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

long4theblur wrote:You startin a death metal band, stoic?
no. that's beneath me (...I'm pretty cool). but my cousin's getting out of the pen (drums) next year and him, me, and his older brother are gonna start.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

http://www.voodooamps.com/ampsforsale.html (Buy this directly from the company, not off of Ebay or whatever)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/src ... pid/480405 (Get it from EBay)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=g ... id/482794/ (Get it from Ebay)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=h ... id/482196/ (Get it from EBay)
And as far as the foot controller, pretty much any one will do. You'll probably want 2 of the expression pedals on the pedal and atleast 10 programmable patches or whatever they are called.
Soundclips for the ADA MP-1 ~
http://www.voodooamps.com/sounds/ADAMulti-Clip.mp3
http://www.voodooamps.com/sounds/mp1-multi-clip-no3.mp3
http://www.voodooamps.com/sounds/ADAMultiClip1.mp3
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

you rule, man. thanks a ton.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

stoic wrote:
long4theblur wrote:You startin a death metal band, stoic?
no. that's beneath me (...I'm pretty cool). but my cousin's getting out of the pen (drums) next year and him, me, and his older brother are gonna start.
:tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

if money is an issue just buy one of those line6 "Pod xt Live" pedals and borrow someone elses amp for power when you play shows. just tell them your deizel is in the shop. it has everything the vetta has as far as metal goes, but more aggressive and is cheap and portable and you can use headphones at home. you can find them new less then 400 bucks. its a way better buy than those ada's... ive owned 2 voodoo witchdoctors and one of the modded ada preamps so dont think im just blowing smoke up your ass. as far as that goes. one of my cars just got hit and im getting an insurance check in a week or two and i am probly buying this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7377478961 .

shit im drunk i almost forgot , buy my genzbenz eldiablo head and a decent cab off ebay or someshit
the head is in perfect new working condition, minus 2 small cig burns on the top that dont go all the way through the tolex . It comes with the cover and footswitch. i had new tubes put in 2 or 3 months ago and only used it 5 or 6 times since. It is running on el34's right now. i will sell it for 700 you can download a couple songs recorded with this amp in the download section at www.mucopus.net .

Image Image Image Image the 51 cents and screwdriver included!
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

I'm not looking to buy the Genz-Benz, but do you / did you like it? Or is it shit?
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

Soic, if you want to keep some of your $$$ and get great sound, get a VOX AD120VTH all tube modeler head, and plug a stereo BBE Sonic Maximizer (such as a 462) through the effects loop, KILLER TONE, it's what I did and I dumped my whole rack system (sans power distribution block and rack mount stereo graphic EQ, not using it currently, though) in favor of it...

it looks retro as hell, but you can get everything from sweet acoutic tones to balls out death metal to it, with tube tone...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

fellas. I think I'm just gonna get a veta I new and upgrade it to a II with the free shit. dont be mad at me. I don't have the energy to do all this work. cables and amps and boards and gizedry. completely overwhelming. i've got less patience than ANNNYone with this crap. I once thew away a hand held video poker player I used to play on my crapper because it had 3 difficulty level settings and it was too tricky to set up.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

stoic wrote:fellas. I think I'm just gonna get a veta I new and upgrade it to a II with the free shit. dont be mad at me. I don't have the energy to do all this work. cables and amps and boards and gizedry. completely overwhelming. i've got less patience than ANNNYone with this crap. I once thew away a hand held video poker player I used to play on my crapper because it had 3 difficulty level settings and it was too tricky to set up.
not trying to convince you otherwise, but the VOX AD120VTH is way easier to program and use than any Line 6 or Behringer product I have experienced...

you should at least give it a try, and brand new can be had for $549 at any GC (don't let they price on the tag fool you)...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

I've been trying to find someone who has the cash/willing to buy my vetta 2 for almost a year now. I'll sale for 1,100$.
It's a cool amp..if you don't care what tone you're going for...

hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

1100 :lol:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

i'd a gave you around 9 for it 2 weeks ago, but i already got the vox. you'll get 1100 for it on ebay i bet. i just saw one go for 1,200 a couple weeks ago.