EMPEROR - Two US Shows - New York, and Los Angeles Confirmed

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

EMPEROR - Two US Shows - New York, and Los Angeles Confirmed

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Emperor - Announce Two US Shows - New York, and Los Angeles Confirmed!

Candlelight Records today confirms two American shows for legendary black metal band, EMPEROR. The announcement follows recent confirmations of European shows that the band will perform in 2006.

EMPEROR, featuring vocalist/guitarist Ihsahn, guitarist Samoth, and drummer Trym, disbanded prior to release of their 2001 album "Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise". The record, an essential release for Candlelight's first year of US operations, remains one of the label's top selling US releases. In late 2004, Candlelight reissued each of Emperor's four genre-defining albums - "Wrath of the Tyrants", "In the Nightside Eclipse", "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "IX Equilibrium". Each album reworked with additional bonus footage and material unavailable previously on both European and US-licensed versions.

"Wrath of the Tyrants," being part one, "includes very rare, exclusive footage of pre-Nightside rehearsals plus live outtakes from our first tour (in support of CRADLE OF FILTH, 1993)," says guitarist Samoth. "In the Nightside Eclipse," part two, "includes edited material from a live show in Oslo for the song "Towards the Pantheon," as well as various other clips from live recordings in 1997."

Forming in 1991, EMPEROR recordings have sold hundreds of thousands worldwide. Their impact on black/extreme metal ranks them as one of the genre's most influential. Respected by musician, fan and critic alike, EMPEROR recorded their final album, "Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise", in 2001, shortly thereafter announcing they were disbanding (with Samoth and Trym continuing on in new band ZYKLON; Ihsahn contributing to his ongoing band project PECCATUM). Kerrang's Dom Lawson called Prometheus, "a staggering masterwork; a fitting testament to the musical genius."

Confirmed shows are noted below. Information regarding ticket on sale dates will follow.

July 14 - New York, NY @ B.B. Kings Blues Club
July 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Fuck you, american assholes
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

they're playing in europe too dipshit.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Ah, too bad I'm not European assfuck!

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

:roll:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

god damn

well, LA is 8ish hours away driving, 1 hour flying.
i think i'll try to make it there :tup:
Crowned King Metal
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Crowned King Metal »

NP: Emperor-Wrath of the Tyrant
www.myspace.com/battlecross
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Are they doing a uk show? :aargh:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]

Post by Guest »

Tickets for the New York show start at $50. :lol:

$40 for the L.A. show.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

Jesus Christ what a retarded reunion. Like the world wanted a Emperor reunion 1.5 year after they split up. Retarded. :fu:
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by Bodom J »

with them suddenly doing a reunion and charging tickets this much, the boys clearly need money bad :lol:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

MARDUK wrote:Jesus Christ what a retarded reunion. Like the world wanted a Emperor reunion 1.5 year after they split up. Retarded. :fu:
4 years later but meh. I'm sure if they needed money they'd do a full blown tour and ask any big extreme metal band to join them on tour, but to say they're grabbing for money because they're doing 4 shows is stupid.

Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

They played Chicago back in '99 and it was like the only Midwest show. I wish I had went.
Suns out, guns out!
fates
Cowboy From Hell

Post by fates »

yes emperor are playing two shows back to back here in southern california....july16 @ the key club w/ goatwhore $50 -$100 and july 17 @ the house of blues hollywood w/ goatwhore $40 i think....but i will be attending both shows
With my blood, i'll find your love