I got a new pedal today

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

I got a new pedal today

Post by dead forever »

Boss Mz-2 metalizer, they made them in the 80s

I bought it mainly for the doubling feature ( i can't afford to blow 200 quid on an mxr rack mount just yet) and i must admit i'm really impressed, it has tons of features (normal doubling, 2 times and even 3 times) and a pretty damm cool chorus sound too. The distortion on its own kills also, its not really going to give you the thump you would need for heavier stuff, but for stuff like randy or eddie van halen it's great, the softness of the distortion doesn't really bother me because i run it over my main distortion pedal anyway.

Overall the pedal kicks ass, got a real good deal on it, shame they don't make them anymore, anyone looking for a cheap doubler should pick this up :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

i have the same pedal laying around somewhere, if its run through the right amp you can get a good tone out of it. :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

shite.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

its better than your fucking zoom pedal.
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

Metallash wrote:its better than your fucking zoom pedal.
why are you getting defensive over a pedal you faggot :lol:

they both fucking suck, but my shitty zoom pedal has some really cool clean tones and effects, your shitty boss pedal just has a terrible fizzy dostortion. :fu:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Chris wrote:

they both fucking suck, but my shitty zoom pedal has some really cool clean tones and effects, your shitty boss pedal just has a terrible fizzy dostortion. :fu:

The doubler owns

Boss pedal wins :fu:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Chris wrote:

calm down you bearded pissflap.
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

never! :x
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Metallash wrote:
Chris wrote:

calm down you bearded pissflap.
:lol:
thats one of the most creative insults i've ever heard. :tup:
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

yeah bearded pissflap is ace.

not literally though.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Chris wrote:yeah bearded pissflap is ace.

not literally though.
the man speaks the truth. :tup:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I cant imagine it being better than the Boss Metal Zone.
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Jefferino wrote:I cant imagine it being better than the Boss Metal Zone.

The metal zone is a shit pedal, unless you want to sound like every other person that plays metal.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:

The metal zone is a shit pedal, unless you want to sound like every other person that plays metal.
:zzz:
If I get the Boss Turbo Distortion pedal I can sound like Nirvana!
::wank wank::

Im just saying a Boss pedal made in the 80's probably doesnt have as good of technology as one made in the 90's..But you can keep working on your special 'I dont sound like anyone else cause im so original' Distortion, dont let me stop you. :lol:
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:

Im just saying a Boss pedal made in the 80's probably doesnt have as good of technology as one made in the 90's..But you can keep working on your special 'I dont sound like anyone else cause im so original' Distortion, dont let me stop you. :lol:
I didnt say i don't sound like anyone else, i said that the metal zone will just make you sound like every other metal player in the world, because its probably the most common pedal used by metal players, get the facts straight before you try and argue faggot.

edit: Also i think you will find that most old pedals are better than the newer mass produced ones, mainly because they have better parts, nowadays they just throw in anything they can get away with so that making the pedal is cheaper.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

dead forever wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:

I didnt say i don't sound like anyone else, i said that the metal zone will just make you sound like every other metal player in the world, because its probably the most common pedal used by metal players, get the facts straight before you try and argue faggot.

edit: Also i think you will find that most old pedals are better than the newer mass produced ones, mainly because they have better parts, nowadays they just throw in anything they can get away with so that making the pedal is cheaper.
tr00. ever heard the saying "they dont make things like they used to"? that shits true
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Gor-Gor wrote:
dead forever wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:

tr00. ever heard the saying "they dont make things like they used to"? that shits true

Yup, which is exactly why people would pay twice as much for an original electo harmonix Big muff, when they could get the reissue in a store.