Who owns/has played a Pod XT?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Who owns/has played a Pod XT?

Post by scrotal_tug »

What are your thoughts?

I've heard some absolutely amazing clips, but then again, I have heard a fair share of shitty clips too.

Apparently these things take ages to tweak due to the infinite amount of features, especially with the upgraded model packs from the line 6 site.

I'm just about to pull the plug on the Pod XT Pro (Rack version) with all 3 model upgrade packs for an awesome price (second hand). I'll be using it for direct recording.

I geuss I've got nothing to lose. If I don't like it, I'll probably be able to sell it for more than I'm paying for it now. :)

So.. Hit me with clips/patches/experiances & general PBB abuse. :tup:
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

if you visit the Andy Sneap forum over at www.ultimatemetal.com the guys there will hook you up with some cool clips/patches etc. ive heard clips from it and it can sound amazing and it can also sound like shit if you dont know what you are doing, ive been wanting to buy one for a while but dont have enough money.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

also if you have a cabinet, run it through that and it will give it a more convincing tone as the microphone will pick up the speaker impulses.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Running it through my 5150 (using the 5150 as the power amp) is definitely something I'll try after a bit of fiddling.

Cheers. :tup: