So I'm buying another guitar...a rare one...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

So I'm buying another guitar...a rare one...

Post by Balls On Parade »

My buddy has owned this guitar since before I have known him, and that's 17 years now...so i know it's history...and with the exception of the EMG and Kahler trem, it's all original...

It's a rare one with this custom paintjob...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

the paintjob is...lame.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Gor-Gor wrote:the paintjob is...lame.
you're too young...STFU...
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Looks like something Kerry King might have played in the early '80s :lol:

Pretty damn cool, nice one :tup:
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

the paint is kinda lame, but it's a head turner. so its respectable

american bc rich's :tup:
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

it is a 1982 or 1983 according to this article from http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=58 :
"Dating

Dating B.C. Rich neck-through guitars is relatively easy, although slightly imprecise by the ’80s. The first B.C. Rich guitar was stamped “Proto,” beginning in 1972, and subsequent guitars were consecutively numbered beginning 001, 002, etc. These consecutive numbers probably ran up to around 340 or 360, as Rico recalls. This system was used for the guitars distributed by L.D. Heater. When distribution came back to B.C. Rich in 1974, the system was changed to begin with the year of manufacture and three consecutively numbered digits, or XXYYY, with XX being the year (e.g., 78) and YYY the number of guitar. Thus, the first guitar of 1974 would have been numbered 74000, followed by 74001, etc. Throughout the ’70s, production numbers were low enough that the serial numbers pretty much reflect the year of manufacture.

In the late ’70s as production grew, and the serial numbers begin to get ahead of themselves, since only 1000 numbers were available in a series. By 1980 the serial numbers had gotten to about two to three years ahead. A bass documented to have been purchased (not necessarily made) in 1980 bore the serial number 82595. Even though neck-through production never surpassed about 2200 guitars a year, as the ’80s progressed the serial numbers continued to get ahead of the actual year. By 1981 the numbers were about four years ahead, and this gap remained fairly constant until Rico stopped making B.C. Riches. The one-pickup Eagle shown here is 85366 from between late 1980 to sometime in 1981. The white Mockingbird shown here is 87688 from 1983.

Bolt-neck guitars are less precise for the usual reasons. The serial number is stamped on a neck plate, and like every other company, when the guitar was being finished, someone grabbed a plate out of the box and put it on. These still follow the same XXYYY dating scheme, but there was no particular order to thier application. If a guitar has a number of 89321, for example, it was probably built in 1987, but it could be a bit earlier or later."
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

Not bad, but I like my guitars with strings on 'em.
[quote="BaptizedBurning"]randy (rhoads) can't be the greatest, because slash already is.[/quote]
[quote="Rage"]You're the John Cena of the PBB.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

What pickup is that? It looks like an EMG of some sort. Nice guitar man.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Cool, how much you paying for it?
MenaceDyme
Creampuff

Post by MenaceDyme »

Bad ass axe man... nothing like a wizard rocking shit,
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

i have an 85 handcrafted mockingbird and i could never sell it. b.c. rich makes badass handcrafteds...buy the son of a bitch!

I think that one is an 84,and most likely played by bernie rico jr himself
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

that thing is pretty cool, i like how fuckin old school it is :tup:
S
Interloper

Post by S »

TK wrote: I think that one is an 84,and most likely played by bernie rico jr himself
that's why the autograph says 83 on it, you fucking idiot
Chewbacca
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Chewbacca »

Paint job is crap, but the guitar is very nice.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

it's a badass player, and I'm paying $1k for it, to help out a friend, but it was appraised at about $1500 anyway...