Enough of about guitars, whos the best drummer...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

Watw-Drums wrote:What? Thats a good song, and probably the best song Lars has done.

he had to piece it together in the studio, had his drum tech catch a cymbal during a tom roll, because he couldnt do it, and misses out all the double bass when they play it live.

yeah, lars is great!
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

as much as i think lars ulrich is nothing special, i dont believe all the dyers eve stories. i dont really like his style that much, but the time i saw him he didnt do bad at all.

brann dailor is still the best
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

ive read an interview with lars from some drum magazine that was released not long after justice where lars admited that it was pieced together, and that he got his tech to catch the cymbals etc.

its not hard to believe at all, because on most, if not all metallica albums, all the songs were recorded in little bits and pieced together, but atleast he can play all the other songs live, but not dyers eve.
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

yeah well im not excluding the possibility that he cant play the song, but its hard to make up your mind by reading interviews. i once read one were james hetfield claimed lars could play the song on his own, but that the only reason they dont play it is because the lyrics were written about trouble with his parents or whatever, and they had made up now hence they dont play it anymore.
but i dunno man, one interview could be yadayada just like any else. basically i dont really care if he can play it or not, theres so many drummers that are way better anyway
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

yeah but they have played it live, ive got the mp3 and lars doesnt play the double bass.

but yeah, hes shit anyway, so who cares.
goshua
arfweazelx3!!!

Post by goshua »

jayson sherlock
Edna Bodine wrote:The Mayor Rubbing His Penis on Cars in the Mall Parking Lot
Bukkake Tsunami wrote:Happy Birthday let's slam clams you fucking hunk.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Chris wrote:ive read an interview with lars from some drum magazine that was released not long after justice where lars admited that it was pieced together, and that he got his tech to catch the cymbals etc.

its not hard to believe at all, because on most, if not all metallica albums, all the songs were recorded in little bits and pieced together, but atleast he can play all the other songs live, but not dyers eve.
what does 'catching the cymbals' mean?
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

DBS wrote:
Chris wrote:ive read an interview with lars from some drum magazine that was released not long after justice where lars admited that it was pieced together, and that he got his tech to catch the cymbals etc.

where you catch the cymbal to stop it ringing, you catch it just after youve hit it.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Metallash wrote:
DBS wrote:

where you catch the cymbal to stop it ringing, you catch it just after youve hit it.
why didnt i realise that. i suppose that was pretty obvious. thanks.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Also known as "choking"

Its a good song, but now i am contradicting myself, lars can be useless. But he is alrite, not spectacular, but alrite.
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Web Of Hair
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Web Of Hair »

that dude with the 80 pc drum kit or whatever he has now, Louis Cardinez or however you spell his name
Vinnie P
n0ob

Post by Vinnie P »

Igor Cavelera is like OMG. He is class. But in Territory i dont no if he is doin the toms or is he just doin the Chinese while somebody else does the other bit :killjew:
All For One And Stronger Than All
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Joey Jordison and Vinnie Paul
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

M.I.A wrote:Joey Jordison and Vinnie Paul

get out, bagdime.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Vinnie P wrote:Igor Cavelera is like OMG. He is class. But in Territory i dont no if he is doin the toms or is he just doin the Chinese while somebody else does the other bit :killjew:
hes doin it all at the same time. and those are toms. my drummer figured it out and its fuckin weird to watch someone do it because it doesnt look like it makes much sense. that song is badassed as fuck too.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

AlphaOmegaCFH wrote:
M.I.A wrote:Joey Jordison and Vinnie Paul

get out, bagdime.
no thanks
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

for my money its gotta be Flo Mournier...perfect balance of groove (which he has bundles of even in cryptopsys most hectic moments) and technicality.
http://www.last.fm/user/ether3al

"I walk whenever the weather provides
Everybody needs some time outside"
WarPig
Vulgar Bastard

Post by WarPig »

vinnie paul all the way. but he has to be drunk. if not him then this guy i know called Joe Kent. I'll see if i can get some recording of him thrashing it out.
[quote="Razorkill999"]go play on a fuckin harmonica.[/quote][quote="Edna Bodine"]not an insult.[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

lars all the way :fur: :x :fur: :x :fur: :x :x :fur: :x :fur: :x
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

hippy wrote:lars all the way :fur: :x :fur: :x :fur: :x :x :fur: :x :fur: :x
f*** u dude its totally the guy from linking park man he ROCKS man!!!!! /M\ METAL 4ev@@@@@@
WarPig
Vulgar Bastard

Post by WarPig »

DBS wrote:
hippy wrote:lars all the way :fur: :x :fur: :x :fur: :x :x :fur: :x :fur: :x
f*** u dude its totally the guy from linking park man he ROCKS man!!!!! /M\ METAL 4ev@@@@@@
beats severely
[quote="Razorkill999"]go play on a fuckin harmonica.[/quote][quote="Edna Bodine"]not an insult.[/quote]
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

Chris Adler does not own.

Sean Reinert
Proscriptor

End of thread.
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

Frost.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

Aeon_Spoke wrote:Chris Adler does not own.

Sean Reinert
Proscriptor

End of thread.
When I bought that Cynic album, I thought he was really good. Then I saw them live and he couldn't play half the stuff that does on the album. He's still good though.
Southern Black Metal
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Southern Black Metal »

morgbite wrote:Again too many to just say one, but here are my faves

Flo Mournier
Vitek (Decapitated)
Nick Barker
Thomas haake
Vinnie paul
Whoever is drumming for nile at the moment.
Niles new drummer is George Kollias Fucking bad ass drummer

too bad hes a Greek :x
"Look, I smoked out a fucking pop metal fan.....What the fuck is this?....Who the fuck are you?...You heard me right." - nigelfoo

peace from the southeast, my last breath in the goddamn southwest -SBM
DrummerChick
Creampuff

Post by DrummerChick »

Danny Carey-TOOL
Vinnie Paul
Carter Beauford-DMB
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

I don't have one favourite. The best and most creative I've heard that come to mind are the guys who played on The Red Chord albums and SYL's drummer. You'll appreciate how good The Red Chord's drummer is when you see how small his kit is. I was expecting it to be some hideous monstrosity, but he is awesome.

[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

DrummerChick wrote:Danny Carey-TOOL
Vinnie Paul
Carter Beauford-DMB
post pics of your drum kit.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Oh, and the guy from Hella fucking kicks all their asses.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

If i remember the guys name correctly, Virgil Donati is a pretty damn good. you can probably get a few vids of him on drumworld.com or drummerwold whatever it is
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
DrummerChick
Creampuff

Post by DrummerChick »

Lager wrote:
Vinnie Paul
Carter Beauford-DMB
I only have two pics on my computer and I do not feel like going through zip disks right now..... here they are..
Pearl Masters Custom 6 piece- 10, 12, 14, 16 + 22. A year after I had this kit made I ordered a 24" bass drum, it sounds huge... I like it better than the 22.

CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

^A drummer only with double bass drums has extreme power. j/k
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
DrummerChick
Creampuff

Post by DrummerChick »

CFH Eternal wrote:^A drummer only with double bass drums has extreme power. j/k
huh? please explain...
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I like drummers that realize there's other things on their kit besides the kick drums. :roll:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Yeah like electronic kick pads
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

DrummerChick wrote:
Lager wrote:
Vinnie Paul
Carter Beauford-DMB
I only have two pics on my computer and I do not feel like going through zip disks right now..... here they are..
Pearl Masters Custom 6 piece- 10, 12, 14, 16 + 22. A year after I had this kit made I ordered a 24" bass drum, it sounds huge... I like it better than the 22.

What cymbals?
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

DrummerChick wrote:
huh? please explain...
If you didn't see the "just kidding" part. It's something that Robert Hollis said once on his myspace. If this took offense to you, my bad, for I know drummers even with a single bass drum can sound better than some Dave Lombardo wannabe. :)
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
DrummerChick
Creampuff

Post by DrummerChick »

What cymbals?[/quote]

Paiste Signature Series. I started off with the Signature Dark and Crisp hi-hats, I loved them. Every time I'd look for a new cymbal, it always ended up being a Signature. I like their sound. I don't like their price tag though....
DrummerChick
Creampuff

Post by DrummerChick »

CFH Eternal wrote:
DrummerChick wrote:
huh? please explain...
If you didn't see the "just kidding" part. It's something that Robert Hollis said once on his myspace. If this took offense to you, my bad, for I know drummers even with a single bass drum can sound better than some Dave Lombardo wannabe. :)
No offense taken at all dude, I was just curious as to what your response would have been. I like a good debate... :tup:
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

You fucking butchered the line. :lol:
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.