Guitar Lessons

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Guitar Lessons

Post by SHEROCKER »

I know there are several of you who play guitar, but what I'd like to know is how should you be taking guitar lessons before you really start learning shit you can use on your own? I know it's one thing to be taught to play a song or a couple of chords, but to be able to do some shit on your own. Thanks for any help you give.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Shut up Brandon.
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Post by SHEROCKER »

Aeon wrote:Shut up Brandon.
I was being serious, so if you have nothing to offer please let someone who does post. Thank you
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

:zzz:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

I'd say women don't play guitar but you have a penis.
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Post by SHEROCKER »

Aeon wrote:I'd say women don't play guitar but you have a penis.
It's not me!
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Re: Guitar Lessons

Post by Pantera420 »

SHEROCKER wrote:how should you be taking guitar lessons before you really start learning shit you can use on your own?
this doesn't make sense
Individual Thought Patterns
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Post by SHEROCKER »

Pantera420 wrote:
SHEROCKER wrote:how should you be taking guitar lessons before you really start learning shit you can use on your own?
this doesn't make sense
Sorry I've been up since 3am and I'm alittle tired and the couple of beers I've had have not helped. The question should have been, how long should someone be taking guitar lessons before you really start learning shit you can use on your own to create music and not just copy songs? I know that technically someone could take lessons all their life. I just want to know around about time figure? Do you play? If so, how long?
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

SHEROCKER wrote:
Pantera420 wrote:
this doesn't make sense
Sorry I've been up since 3am and I'm alittle tired and the couple of beers I've had have not helped. The question should have been, how long should someone be taking guitar lessons before you really start learning shit you can use on your own to create music and not just copy songs? I know that technically someone could take lessons all their life. I just want to know around about time figure? Do you play? If so, how long?
there's no standard way to judge that. you "evolve" as a guitarist. it takes patience and persistance which is why most people quit when their fingers start hurting
Individual Thought Patterns
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

SHEROCKER wrote:
Pantera420 wrote:
this doesn't make sense
Hey dude, ignore the pissers (they're like a clique of whiny fat girls at a swimming pool)

I was shown a power chord and I taught myself the rest.

I'd fret a power chord on different parts of the neck and took things from there by jamming along to shit.

Chords are the best things to learn when starting out because you get used to using more than one finger on the fretboard. Just build on that.

Being a musician is cool, you've always got something to do and you'll always have the opportunity to meet and hang with new people. Stick at it, nail it, dont give up.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

learn how to read tab, progress from there

i did and i know a fair bit of theory now, well enough to get me by, and alot about differen techniques
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

SHEROCKER wrote:
It's not me!
??

:lol:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SHEROCKER wrote:
It's not me!
Bullshit Brandon, you did this all before on Myspace.
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Post by SHEROCKER »

Dimebucker wrote:
SHEROCKER wrote:
Pantera420 wrote:
this doesn't make sense
Hey dude, ignore the pissers (they're like a clique of whiny fat girls at a swimming pool)

I was shown a power chord and I taught myself the rest.

I'd fret a power chord on different parts of the neck and took things from there by jamming along to shit.

Chords are the best things to learn when starting out because you get used to using more than one finger on the fretboard. Just build on that.

Being a musician is cool, you've always got something to do and you'll always have the opportunity to meet and hang with new people. Stick at it, nail it, dont give up.
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I can see there is going to be a long road ahead. If think of any tips you might want to share, to possibily make it any easier, that would be great!
SHEROCKER
I will fuck you up

Post by SHEROCKER »

dead forever wrote:learn how to read tab, progress from there

i did and i know a fair bit of theory now, well enough to get me by, and alot about differen techniques
Thanks you! For your input, I appreciate all the comments I can get. Do you play in a band or just as a hobbie? If you have any tips to make learning any easier, I love to hear them.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

SHEROCKER wrote:

Thanks you! For your input, I appreciate all the comments I can get. Do you play in a band or just as a hobbie? If you have any tips to make learning any easier, I love to hear them.
\

play guitar with your dick, that would be interesting
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

SHEROCKER wrote:

i play in a band, once you get decent enough i advise playing with other people, you advance alot more quickly, and your timing gets alot better, theres also many things you cant learn without actually being in a band and playing gigs.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]