I bought a new toy yesterday.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

I bought a new toy yesterday.

Post by SuicideNote »

500 watts, 10 channels, 6 mono, 4 stereo. 99 digital effects etc. blah blah.
The PMX2000 comes with a built-in 2 x 250-Watt power amplifier and a flexible master section, including two 9-band graphic equalizers that can be assigned to left and right main mix or to main mix and monitor out, augmented by a switchable low-cut filter for channels 1-6. Both graphic EQs feature an in/out switch for quick comparisons or bypassing. Power amp inputs are available for connecting external mixers or sound sources, and there are three preamp outputs for added flexibility. A footswitch connector allows you to remotely bypass the effects section with a standard footswitch. The main and monitor sections each feature individual level controls, a 5-segment LED level meter and a master effects send level control. In addition, the integrated limiter offers effective protection against speaker overloads. Last but not least, the PMX2000 sports a built-in 24-bit effects unit based on our award-winning VIRTUALIZER PRO and MODULIZER PRO effects processors, giving you 99 great-sounding presets ranging from standard reverb and delay to more unusual algorithms like Vinylizer, Magic Pitch, Vocal Distortion and Space Radio, plus a number of useful combinations.
I tested this bitch out at the jam pit yesterday and it blew me away. This is the best PA I've ever had. What do you guys have for PA systems?
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Looks like a time-machine.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

thats no toy boy
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

seems cool, how much did it set ya back?
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Behringer is shit compared to the big dogs on the PA market. They're great for their price though. I have a Behringer 16 channel mixer, two Yamaha S115Vs, some shure mics, and a QSC 2450 power amp. I forgot the name but the big dudes on mixers are Allan & Heath, some name like that.

Here's a pic of my mixer right next to the computer. The rest of my gear is in my car. Not sure if you can see it from my pic, but it's in the trunk and back seat.

Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Sam you fucking monkey you have a Trans Am? :x
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

:cool:
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

SAM wrote::cool:
No one parks near you because you smell.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

:lol:
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

well, instead of going with a new expensive ass sound card specially designed for instrument inputs, I'd like to get a Behringer V-Amp(2) to go straight into the computer, because all that plus the Amplitube (over $600 from GC) doesn't seem to be as good as a $99 V-amp alone...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:well, instead of going with a new expensive ass sound card specially designed for instrument inputs, I'd like to get a Behringer V-Amp(2) to go straight into the computer, because all that plus the Amplitube (over $600 from GC) doesn't seem to be as good as a $99 V-amp alone...
get a PodXT if you have enough money.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I paid $300 for it at the Guitar Center. I was considering just buying a mixer and using an existing power amp that I have. But since my power amp is rack mounted and most mixers arent', I didn't want to mess witht he wireing. The built in digital effects, mixer, 10 channel inputs and poweramp all in 1 box made it too convenient to pass up.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

hey sam the drummer in my band has the same mixer as you. he also has two 500 Watt Peavey Speakers. Really good actually. he has a set of shure drum mics and i use a shure vocal mic too. Im not sure what the make of the p.a is. i'll find out.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

aeon wrote:Looks like a time-machine.
:lol: :lol:

GRRRREAT SCOTT
Get killed.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Metallash wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:well, instead of going with a new expensive ass sound card specially designed for instrument inputs, I'd like to get a Behringer V-Amp(2) to go straight into the computer, because all that plus the Amplitube (over $600 from GC) doesn't seem to be as good as a $99 V-amp alone...
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

TK wrote:
Metallash wrote:
what the fuck are you laughing at faggot?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

don't listen to anything wrona has to say, he thinks whatever he likes is good and anything he doesn't like is shit. plus everything he calls shit, hes probably never tried.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Metallash wrote:
I've heard the sounds samples for both online, and to me, the V-Amp is the better deal...I don't plan on going over the top with effects or anything...
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:
Metallash wrote:
I've heard the sounds samples for both online, and to me, the V-Amp is the better deal...I don't plan on going over the top with effects or anything...
its alot more versatile than the V-Amp, but if youre wanting to get a good guitar sound on recordings, use your SM57 and mic your amp up, most amp sims ive used sound sterile and dont have the punch or the presence in the mix like an actual mic'd amp.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

I don't have a a regular stack or halfstack in my house at the moment, it's being stored over at my mom's place, my wife and I only have two bedrooms in my paw-in-law's place, one for an actual bedroom and the other bedroom is our Computer/TV/Living area, so no room to keep it here, I only have my Marshall Micro-Stack with a Zoomplayer 2100 in front of it, sounds pretty good, but i just may try my Zoom into my US122 first before I buy anything (or Zoom into the Micro-Stack and using the line out from the MS into the US122), I just now thought of possibly doing that...what the hell, you know? Couldn't hurt...
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:I don't have a a regular stack or halfstack in my house at the moment, it's being stored over at my mom's place, my wife and I only have two bedrooms in my paw-in-law's place, one for an actual bedroom and the other bedroom is our Computer/TV/Living area, so no room to keep it here, I only have my Marshall Micro-Stack with a Zoomplayer 2100 in front of it, sounds pretty good, but i just may try my Zoom into my US122 first before I buy anything (or Zoom into the Micro-Stack and using the line out from the MS into the US122), I just now thought of possibly doing that...what the hell, you know? Couldn't hurt...
the guitarist in the band im in (chris on this board) recorded a few demos by plugging his Zoom pedal into his computer and recorded his guitar tracks that way, not exactly the nicest sound ever haha you can hear them at myspace.com/soulfracture the thing is the zoom pedals arent dedicated amp modelling pedals, the things like v-amp and pod etc. are dedicated solely for the purpose of not using an amp to record, i was thinking about getting the v-amp too if i have some cash spare sometime i might get one just to see if its any good.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

actually, that wasn't too bad, kinda Entombed-ish...it'd be nice if I could just use a cabinet simulator plugin with my current setup, i could probably make that work and sound pretty good...
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

aeon wrote:Looks like a time-machine.
:lol: LOL
it looks pritty damn complicated man