Traben Basses

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
tokin20deuce
I will fuck you up

Traben Basses

Post by tokin20deuce »

any bass players out there play Trabens? I own a Traben Array Limited 5 string and have experienced some wicked buzzing all over the fretboard. It sounds great when amplified cuz u can't hear the buzz, and sounds great when it isnt amplified but only when I slap. Has anybody had a similar experience with Trabens? If so, how did u remedy it? I've had it professionally set up hoping that it would help but it didn't. Thanx.
The fish who keeps on swimmin is the first to chill upstream
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

get a new nut d00d.

or if you wanna be cheap about it, put a small piece of paper in the nut under the string and see if that helps any. i used to get wicked fret buzz with my old squier basses (oh noes)
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
tokin20deuce
I will fuck you up

Post by tokin20deuce »

interesting...thanx i'll give it a shot
The fish who keeps on swimmin is the first to chill upstream
skiscem
Creampuff

Post by skiscem »

i dont think the nut has something to do with your problem, i would say the neck is bowed and the bass needs a setup, it could also be not leveled frets, but try the neck relief first.
Trabens sound very good but their craftsmanship is very poor, i owned one and returned to the factory cuz sucked.
if you are gonna setup the neck, dont do it yourself, let a luthier do it, it wont cost more than 30 bucks