my post-rock music

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

my post-rock music

Post by Lord of This World »

i can't believe i haven't posted this here before. i made this post-rock EP about 2 years ago. recorded it all in an afternoon. it was an experimental idea, using different short pieces of music i had written a year before.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S11F14TU

feedback appreciated :tup:

some of the keyboard synth sucks btw :x but fortunately i have better technology now

i won't lie. my clean lead tone is godly on this. fucking godly. that's my amp recorded line-in, set to clean with a little delay. i didn't modify it at all on the computer.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I think it's cool-sounding stuff but it seems incomplete. I imagine it's largely part of the orchestration: there isn't really any obvious rhythmic parts and no vocals so it tends to sound like a wash of sound after awhile, especially with the abundant of major keys. The song forms also seem to lend themselves to be without a resolution.

My favorite was "Memory" with the Dorian sound with that kind of jazz tension to it that was a departure from the other tunes.

This is the kind of stuff I enjoy playing drums to. I think you could add a lot to these. It's cool to hear people on here that have a dimension other than full-on aggression all the time.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

thanks for the feedback. the project was more of a recording experiment with song fragments that i had sitting around for a year. i honestly didn't put a lot of thought into it. i just recorded the guitar (all of it is first take) and then added some synth strings to it.

i considered adding drums. but then decided against it because i liked letting the strings and guitar exist on their own. recently i have been thinking about adding things to it. however, those files are the only copies i have of the songs. so i'd have to record on top of those or just rerecord the whole thing, which i definitely won't be doing anytime soon.

the songs do seem incomplete. this is my main criticism about the whole thing. i recently added more parts to the first song "Dream" and it sounds really full and complete now. but i probably won't get around to recording it.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I like post-rock. Downloading now.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

i use the term post-rock loosely. but thats mindset i was in.
ahx325mg
Creampuff

Post by ahx325mg »

man...that sounds really awesome...when you get famous and rich can you buy me this for christmas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... L.m315.lVI