Carcass confirmed for Wacken '08

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Carcass confirmed for Wacken '08

Post by Kellan »

:aargh:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=82176

Reactivated British extreme legends CARCASS have been confirmed for next year's installment of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. Also scheduled to appear are IRON MAIDEN (headliners), CHILDREN OF BODOM, AVANTASIA, KREATOR and SONATA ARCTICA.

Commented CARCASS bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker: "Well, they said it would never happen. In fact I said it would never happen. Then I noticed no one pays attention to what I say anyway and I sounded like an idiot...

"Summer 2008 will be the twentieth anniversary since the release of CARCASS' first studio album. It will be fourteen years since we last played live.

"We've decided to exhume the old corpse next summer at Wacken. The timing is purely coincidental — it's been a long journey to get to this point where myself, Bill Steer [guitar] and Mike Amott [guitar; also of ARCH ENEMY] have enough common desire again to make it possible. We're finally conceding to the demand that seems to be at an all time high and doesn't appear to be going away any time soon. Any past reasons we may have had for not wanting to do it, or thinking it was impossible, have simply dissipated in the face of overwhelming interest in us performing THOSE riffs for a generation of believers who never had the opportunity back in the day. We could say we're doing it for 'the kids' — but fuck that ! We're doing it 'cos it will be fun again to play the classic CARCASS tunes!!

"Of course, it would seem inappropriate for us to contemplate to do this without Ken Owen [drums], but I assure you he'll be there, and we'll push some sticks in his hands and make him play, plus we'll have a killer drummer to sit in and play HIS parts.

"Myself, Jeff Walker on bass and vocals, 'the semi-legendary' Bill Steer and Mike Amott on lead guitar and Daniel Erlandsson [ARCH ENEMY], filling in for Ken on drums look forwards to mutilating your hearing.

"And if we don't do it? Who else will overshadow the LED ZEPPELIN reunion?

"Ha!

"Prepare to rot and roll."

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Michael Amott stated about the possibility of CARCASS reunion, "It seems like it never goes away — like this ghost that's always hanging over me. It's nice. It's a pleasant ghost, because [CARCASS are] a band I'm proud of, because it was one of the better bands to come out of that style of music at that time. The band itself seems bigger now than when we packed it in [back in 1995]. I can't believe it."

"With [CARCASS], you have four people who have all moved on and do different things now," he said. "For the last few years, I've been quite open about [my desire to reunite CARCASS]. ... It's not a question of, 'Do I want to play this kind of music?,' because I still totally love metal. I would love to do it."

The ex-members of CARCASS hooked up in 2006 to rehearse (as first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET on September 18) for the first time in many years.

"We thought, 'Let's just try to get our schedules together, jam a little bit, and see if it's even feasible,' " Amott said. "The question always comes up in interviews, and we kind of all became intrigued ourselves, if it would actually work. So we met up, rehearsed for about a week, and by the end of the week, it sounded amazing."

He added, "The band wouldn't set out to write or record new material, because "the old stuff was just that good. It would just be a blast to go out and play those — dare I say it — classic tunes again, those riffs. It would be fun. Bill's guitar playing was amazing — he was one of my heroes before I joined the band. So yeah, I would love to do it again. I love that band, love the music. We'll see — maybe it would shut people up. Let's hope the CARCASS can come back."
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

:aargh:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Maiden is headlining, Kreator is also confirmed. I really don't like CoB that much anymore, but they're confirmed, and regardless their shows have always been really fun.
I'm thinking I'm gonna visit my friend in Germany and go to this. I've always wanted to say I've been to Wacken so why not.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Wacken is a festival right, where you camp out over night?
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Looks like I'll be goin to Wacken again then!
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Just read this on blabbermouth. Cant fucking wait. Hopefully they will do a warm up show in england somewhere before this gig.
GRIM
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Yeh that would be great. I'd travel fucking anywhere in Europe to catch Carcass, let alone just England. Well... I say I would go anywhere in Europe, but I probably wouldn't.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

They better not do fucking download. That would be a huge joke if they did.
GRIM
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

threak wrote:They better not do fucking download. That would be a huge joke if they did.
Uhh, why?
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

fuck. maybe i should go.
rObsessed!
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

pbb meet in wacken?
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:
threak wrote:They better not do fucking download. That would be a huge joke if they did.
Uhh, why?
Cos download is a crock of shit. It's an overpriced money grabbing festival put together by a bunch of suits. It doesn't really have Wacken's for fans by fans mentality. It would just be a shame if they were to do there return gig at a place like download. They would get an early slot second to a bunch of crappy bands. They deserve to return to the stage with a headlining slot with 60,000 onlookers all hyped up for thier return.
GRIM
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

Kellan wrote:pbb meet in wacken?
I should be going next year, my house-mate is thinking about driving :tup:
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Inferno and Wacken for me next year :aargh:
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

threak wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:
Uhh, why?
Cos download is a crock of shit. It's an overpriced money grabbing festival put together by a bunch of suits. It doesn't really have Wacken's for fans by fans mentality. It would just be a shame if they were to do there return gig at a place like download. They would get an early slot second to a bunch of crappy bands. They deserve to return to the stage with a headlining slot with 60,000 onlookers all hyped up for thier return.
Exactly. Carcass would be crammed for 20mins before Feeder or U2 play for 2 hours.

Download is a fucking shit festival and I too hope they realise this and avoid it.

I'll see ye's at Wacken!
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

see you there buddy :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

We should get together at the Headbangers ballroom and fuckin' tear it up pbb style.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

morgbite wrote:We should get together at the Headbangers ballroom and fuckin' tear it up pbb style.
you mean sit around being uncomfortably quiet? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bren wrote:
morgbite wrote:We should get together at the Headbangers ballroom and fuckin' tear it up pbb style.
That could happen. Not with morg around tho.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Bren wrote:
Nah. Atleast you could all have a good laugh at me being out of control drunk and offensive.
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

why the fuck is carcass back together? steer has made it clear that he has no interest in metal anymore so why is he wasting his time? he must need money real bad. they will probably play mostly heartwork songs anyway. they have more than one album, i wish everyone would remember that. fuck bill steer.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

You're just pissed you're not going to see them :aargh: :fu:
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Bodom J wrote:why the fuck is carcass back together? steer has made it clear that he has no interest in metal anymore so why is he wasting his time? he must need money real bad. they will probably play mostly heartwork songs anyway. they have more than one album, i wish everyone would remember that. fuck bill steer.
who cares as long as he plays the fucking tunes and bangs his head like it's nineteen eighty motherfucking nine.
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

Bren wrote:
A few drinks down the neck and we will be bashing the power metal dorks! But yes, awkward, nervous silence beforehand.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bodom J wrote:why the fuck is carcass back together? steer has made it clear that he has no interest in metal anymore so why is he wasting his time? he must need money real bad. they will probably play mostly heartwork songs anyway. they have more than one album, i wish everyone would remember that. fuck bill steer.
I cant belive how much of a pointless cunt you are.
GRIM
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

I really doubt they would only play songs from heartwork.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Everyone goes fucking mental at the ballroom when they dj plays 'warriors of the world'
Dwarf Cunt
I will fuck you up

Post by Dwarf Cunt »

Yay.
[i]birds flyin' high[/i]
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Lumber Jack Off wrote:I really doubt they would only play songs from heartwork.
It would be awesome if they opened up with Buried Dreams though.
GRIM
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

threak wrote: It would be awesome if they opened up with Buried Dreams though.
That's what they opened with in 1994 :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Sexcellent :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bren wrote:
threak wrote: It would be awesome if they opened up with Buried Dreams though.
That's what they opened with in 1994 :tup:
It would rule. Coming on at about 11pm and then kicking in to that riff. People would go mental.
GRIM
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I would not be impressed.
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

I will be there hopefully :aargh:
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

morgbite wrote:I would not be impressed.
then you'd get bitchslapped, bitch :fu:
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I would be impressed really. :PP:
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

Brandon wrote:fuck. maybe i should go.
Yes! That would draw me to Wacken more than half the bands that will play :aargh:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Wez wrote:
Brandon wrote:fuck. maybe i should go.
Yes! That would draw me to Wacken more than half the bands that will play :aargh:
:lol:
GRIM
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

PBB meet :tup:
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

Bren wrote:PBB meet :tup:

We should all meet at mine and morgs set up. There will be about 12 of us going and we will be close to the arena :tup:
GRIM