people who have used multi-track recorders

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

people who have used multi-track recorders

Post by EvilisthenewGood »

i just bought a TASCAM DP-01FX multi tracker.

ive never used any kinda of recording device to record my music and im wondering how to run the cables to this multi tracker. It has not come in yet so i cant fuck with, im just trying to visualize.

my thoughts are that i run the cable from my guitar into the multi tracker then a cable from the multi tracker to the amp. ill be able to record and hear through the amp at the same time correct? when i play back the recording i will hear it through the amp? will hooking up the effects through the effects loop work to get the effects on the recording or do i have to run it directly in the guitar/ recorder line?
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

i have the answer to your question. the input connectors are on the top for each individual track.

why the hell would you use your tascam in the middle between the amp and guitar???? that makes no sense. you can plug directly in, out of the amp into the tracker, but doing that makes it sound a bit gritty. if you dont mind having a guitar tone similar to early venom, go that route. if youre intentionally wanting your recording to sound shitty, i understand why you would buy a tascam. if you want it to sound even worse, buy a fostex.

or you could mic the cabinet and plug that into the amp, which is much better.

when you play it back, youll hear it out the monitor, which will have an output on the bottom. my "monitor" was usually a pair of good headphones.

but would be really good is if you could trash that archaic piece of shit and get with the times!
rObsessed!
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

technowngy.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Ben
fuckyeah

Re: people who have used multi-track recorders

Post by Ben »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:i just bought a TASCAM DP-01FX multi tracker.

ive never used any kinda of recording device to record my music and im wondering how to run the cables to this multi tracker. It has not come in yet so i cant fuck with, im just trying to visualize.

my thoughts are that i run the cable from my guitar into the multi tracker then a cable from the multi tracker to the amp. ill be able to record and hear through the amp at the same time correct? when i play back the recording i will hear it through the amp? will hooking up the effects through the effects loop work to get the effects on the recording or do i have to run it directly in the guitar/ recorder line?
Buy a decent mic (I'd say a Shure SM57 or SM58, if you don't have a lot of cash), slap that fucker in front of your amp, and rock and roll.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

Brandon wrote:i have the answer to your question. the input connectors are on the top for each individual track.
what the hell does that mean? i just know how to play music not record it. so, basically the best thing to do is mic the amp?
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:
Brandon wrote:i have the answer to your question. the input connectors are on the top for each individual track.
what the hell does that mean? i just know how to play music not record it. so, basically the best thing to do is mic the amp?
yes. i used to have a tascam 424. i dont know why i paid 600 bucks for it back in 1995. GHEY
rObsessed!
ssh
Get Fat

Post by ssh »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:i just know how to play music
doubt that
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

you know that absolutely nobody uses that stuff anymore right?
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Sold the tascam for crack eh brandon?
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

DBS wrote:you know that absolutely nobody uses that stuff anymore right?
i dont care. i got it. and its fine for my songs. im not trying to make studio quality albums.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:
i dont care. i got it. and its fine for my songs. im not trying to make studio quality albums.
your songs probably suck then... don't even bother wasting extra time and money for a mic and cable if u don't even know where your inputs are :zzz: at least your ideals are practical for what u have and what you're doin' :roll:
satan sux my dick
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

UNGODLIKE wrote:
EvilisthenewGood wrote:
your songs probably suck then... don't even bother wasting extra time and money for a mic and cable if u don't even know where your inputs are :zzz: at least your ideals are practical for what u have and what you're doin' :roll:
i never used a multi tracker. never even seen one up close.

sorry if i dont have expert knowledge of things ive never tried. apperantly youre one of those amazing community college students that do.
Talk to me on AIM -theworstpostrevr

Never trust a man who can spell a word only one way.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:
UNGODLIKE wrote:
EvilisthenewGood wrote:
i never used a multi tracker. never even seen one up close.

sorry if i dont have expert knowledge of things ive never tried. apperantly youre one of those amazing community college students that do.
at least you're not taking your equipment for granted, even though it ain't pro-tools,it still has the potential for giving u a quality recording if u use right. and if u decide to upgrade to PC based recording, u could probably run that antique through as a mixer/equalizer for your signal inputs like i did back in the day :tup:
satan sux my dick
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

UNGODLIKE wrote: that antique :tup:

hahahah nice...
Talk to me on AIM -theworstpostrevr

Never trust a man who can spell a word only one way.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.