If you haven't heard my music yet

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

All music sucks.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Metallash wrote:All music sucks.
your band's pretty cool. :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Three Second Doom wrote:No type of music is generally harder to play than another.

Also, this "win/fail" stuff is GAY.
Actually that's not true. It's WAY harder to play Jazz than it is to play, say, Punk... and you KNOW that's fact. Anything else, including the things I've stated on the subject, are opinion.

My wording is just a stab to piss people off, and some of the people around here make it WAY too easy.
Ezekiel 23:20
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

The Doctor wrote:
Three Second Doom wrote:No type of music is generally harder to play than another.

Actually that's not true. It's WAY harder to play Jazz than it is to play, say, Punk... and you KNOW that's fact. Anything else, including the things I've stated on the subject, are opinion.

My wording is just a stab to piss people off, and some of the people around here make it WAY too easy.
Alright, Jazz and Punk, yeah I can see that. Anyway, music arguments are stupid and I agree, some people take the shit way too seriously.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Three Second Doom wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Alright, Jazz and Punk, yeah I can see that. Anyway, music arguments are stupid and I agree, some people take the shit way too seriously.
The truth of the matter is that my music up to this point has basically been experimentation with the programs and methods I've been working with, so I assume that people are going to find flaw with it and therefore don't get offended when people call it crap. It's crap to ME even...

I just like to abuse the fact that a lot of (notice I didn't say all) Metal fans are extremely protective and defensive about the music they listen to... and are quick to make asses of themselves defending it like it's some sort of gang symbol or badge of honor. I'm no elitist. To me, it's not "hard" to make any kind of music as long as the player is willing to apply themselves, but again, it's damn fun to poke Metal fans. :lol: Especially BassPhemy. He seems to have a horrible aversion to anything Electronic.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

The Doctor wrote:To me, it's not "hard" to make any kind of music as long as the player is willing to apply themselves
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm getting at, it really all depends on the player. Theres plenty of generic music out there from any genre.

Also, I agree with Pfloyd, atmospheric electronic stuff can be awesome. I can definitely dig it.
Last edited by Three Second Doom on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Three Second Doom wrote:Also, I agree with Pfloyd, atmospheric electronic stuff can be awesome. I can definitely dig it.
Lots of things are good if you're willing to open your mind and take things for what they are... rather than applying a social order to art.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

:tup:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Once again you've changed your tune from "I'm so good" to "I just like to poke fun after I fall down." Would you get the same rise if you did this at the Britney Spears boards?

Music is as hard as you make it. From Atheist to Paul Gilbert. Hell, Gilbert writes pop songs that are harder to play than 99% of any song written under the "metal" blanket. Anyone can write a SJR song. Clutch couldn't write simpler songs with simpler riffing if they tried but guess what? They're awesome.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

When did I fall down? When I posted a link to a myspace page on a message board where I KNEW 90% of the posters wouldn't like it and would give me shit for it? I missed the fall. You'll have to point it out to me.

The fact of the matter is, I'm not the elitist, I'm not condescending about my musical tastes, and I don't really care who doesn't like what I like or what I do.

YOU on the other hand, constantly stand up to insult anyone who doesn't do what you do, and defend the honor of your chosen genre to the death as if your tastes are the epitome of musical class and superiority.

Are you starting to get it?
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Once again you're pulling away from the argument at hand and turning it into "I'm just better than you, that's all."

I try to be open to everything. If you just posted your music and asked everyone to take it at face value you'd get honest opinions but instead you put your ability to create music over everyone else's and just plain old piss on everyone else. Yes this is a metal board and yes 99% of the shit posted is metal. Everyone knows this, but this little anti-metal and "metalhead" crusade you're on is pretty entertaining.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I'm not saying I'm better than you, cuzn. Not at this moment...

But the honest truth of the matter is that you couldn't do what I do and you've yet to furnish proof that "it's easy" and that "anyone can do it". Does that make me "better than you"? At breakcore, yes. But in the end even I know that doesn't mean much... I just think you're wrong to knock something until you've actually learned more about it and that's why I started the shit I started with you and a few others.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I really wanted to comment in this thread, but I've got nothing....
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

The Doctor wrote:But the honest truth of the matter is that you couldn't do what I do
So even with practice and patience I have no hope in becoming known by 5 people as a Breakcore Dungeon Master?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I enjoy a lot of metal but I always thought the "social" aspect of it was pretty retarded. The NYDM thing that is an extension of this social idea into some sort of Official Retard Club is ridiculous.

I rarely let on to most people that I even listen to metal of any sort because the dipshits that turned listening to it into a gang rite have discolored the perception people have of the types of people who even enjoying that sort of music.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

:lol: I don't know where you guys find roving gangs that only listen to metal.

The only time I almost see something like that in a social aspect is when I go to shows.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Hey, let me tell ya what I think about all this shit....

Nevermind. :no:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BassPhemy wrote::lol: I don't know where you guys find roving gangs that only listen to metal.

The only time I almost see something like that in a social aspect is when I go to shows.
And that's the worst thing. All metal shows turn into this sort of violent tribal ritual. No one is even watching the show it seems like anymore. Why can't these people just invest in a DJ set-up to blast the CD and beat the snot out of each other in their living rooms.

I don't even bother going to metal shows anymore, it's like being air-dropped into a third-world country.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I just stand in the back and watch. If I'm lucky I'll make it up front and not get elbowed in the back too much. Now I'm 21 so I can go upstairs and get drunk while I watch the show. :|):

Also, this music program demo doesn't work with my setup for whatever reason. I was looking forward to tooling with it actually.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Does electronica music make it more than 12 notes?
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

BassPhemy wrote:I just stand in the back and watch. If I'm lucky I'll make it up front and not get elbowed in the back too much. Now I'm 21 so I can go upstairs and get drunk while I watch the show. :|):

Also, this music program demo doesn't work with my setup for whatever reason. I was looking forward to tooling with it actually.
I'm the same way, except for the whole 21 thing. I used to go to shows all the time, but I got so sick of people moshing and all that. I don't enjoy that aspect of a concert at all, I just want to watch the band and groove it. If I do go to a show, that's what I'll do.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

BassPhemy wrote:
The Doctor wrote:But the honest truth of the matter is that you couldn't do what I do
So even with practice and patience I have no hope in becoming known by 5 people as a Breakcore Dungeon Master?
Hey, you Metal kids are the ones who are into that D&D fantasy shit. :lol:

And with practice you can do whatever the fuck you want. I'm not saying you can't EVER. You assume too damn much.
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

I think the funniestest thing in The Doctor 's argument is that he accuses everybody who dislikes his music as a 'A Metal Fag' .

I've looked around your myspace anyway and will quote one of the testimonialsl.
Hello The Red Mandible, I keep searching for you between the cushions. If I could have just one wish, it would be to wake up to your songs in the morning. Your beauty is equal to the smoothness of a polished gem. What wonderful vibrations you are capable of. You have not yet reached the height of your creativity. How it passes there and back again like a tear drop glistening in moonlight. As the bliss slowly rises in my incandescent eluxulator, your mere presence has a euphoric effect upon me. Your wonderfully bright soul keep the demons from torturing me. Entranced by the sweet harmony of your lips, I gaze beyond reason to find 'the oasis of your brilliant soul. How can I help but use your eyes as a means for self-asphyxiation? May you always have stables of horses to service your needs. The music that flows from your instruments overwhelms me with creativity. Your hair sends forth a sheen remniscent of golden sunlight winding through shadows. Your layers of absinthe and torsion form concretions of hyper-alimentation.
I bet that overwhelmingly biased review went to much to Doctor's head, he thought he would get the same euphoric, and enthusiastic response from a board whose members don't spend most of their time listening to drum and bass bullcrap , but rather hand-made music,which increases their criticism-of-artistry level rather than undistinguished noises.

Why don't you go fingering that gothic MissRot of yours, and exchange ass-licking reviews with someone that actually 'understands' what you are 'composing'
Dark and noisy... dig it. Good stuff.
, instead of self-acknowledging-attempt in a metal board.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Sieg Heil wrote: hand-made music
Your mom hand makes music. :fu:
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

Ok, what is the definition of a metal fag ? A person who only listens to metal exclusively ? BTW the 2 replies you edited, nice work.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:Does electronica music make it more than 12 notes?
Of course not, not in Pythagoran tuning anyway. But I would argue there are way more than 12 notes anyway. Try playing a chord that incorporates a 2nd and then play the same chord and incorporate the 9th instead. Big difference.

Or pick up a koto or some eastern instrument where they play 15 or 20 notes per octave. It gets even crazier!
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Sieg Heil wrote:Ok, what is the definition of a metal fag ? A person who only listens to metal exclusively ? BTW the 2 replies you edited, nice work.
Thanks. After the fact, I didn't think your grammatically tragic post deserved an intelligent response.

Truly though, relax. I posted this thread because I know there are a few people here who are interested in listening to things other than Metal. If you don't like it, fine. But when you come at someone with "What you do takes no talent", how else do you expect them to respond?

The best thing is, when you tell someone who loooooooooves Metal that most of the genre is talentless garbage, they fucking freak and it's god damn hilarious to see them defend it.
Last edited by The Doctor on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Most music doesn't.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Pfl?yd wrote:I enjoy a lot of metal but I always thought the "social" aspect of it was pretty retarded. The NYDM thing that is an extension of this social idea into some sort of Official Retard Club is ridiculous.

I rarely let on to most people that I even listen to metal of any sort because the dipshits that turned listening to it into a gang rite have discolored the perception people have of the types of people who even enjoying that sort of music.
That's exactly why I don't really listen to Metal anymore. I can't help but think of the people playing it, no matter how good they are, as the same brand of retard as the social order Metal Fags.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

The Doctor wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:I enjoy a lot of metal but I always thought the "social" aspect of it was pretty retarded. The NYDM thing that is an extension of this social idea into some sort of Official Retard Club is ridiculous.

That's exactly why I don't really listen to Metal anymore. I can't help but think of the people playing it, no matter how good they are, as the same brand of retard as the social order Metal Fags.
None of the members of the bands that i really enjoy behave anything like the stereotype you seem to have conjured up.
Last edited by The Fear on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The Doctor wrote:
Most music doesn't.
Just wondering how your technical expertise translated into better music if they still just had the same notes.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Most music doesn't.
Just wondering how your technical expertise translated into better music if they still just had the same notes.
So by that token Chopin, Beethoven, or Bartok are in the same vein of talent as Nickelback, Blue October, or Slayer?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfl?yd wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Most music doesn't.
So by that token Chopin, Beethoven, or Bartok are in the same vein of talent as Nickelback, Blue October, or Slayer?
Hell no, slayer only plays in the key of k minor
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

JesseJames wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Most music doesn't.
Hell no, slayer only plays in the key of slay minor*
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

The Doctor wrote:The best thing is, when you tell someone who loooooooooves Metal that most of the genre is talentless garbage, they fucking freak and it's god damn hilarious to see them defend it.
Um, if you had browsed this board more tediously, you would have found out that most of the people here do not exclusively listen to metal . And what you are doing is that you draw random conclusion that people who dislike Electronic are bound to dislike other music genres, such as Jazz, Classical, Prog Rock, Punk Rock, New Age, Film Score,etc, etc.

Would the oppinions of this people be more valid and credible in judging your music if they also listen to other genres, and STILL think that Electronica is just bunch of soulless noise ?
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

No. Any opinion is more valid when the critic doesn't use the term "soulless noise" in describing things they simply don't like.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

The Doctor wrote:No. Any opinion is more valid when the critic doesn't use the term "soulless noise" in describing things they simply don't like.
he got to you.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

DBS wrote:
The Doctor wrote:No. Any opinion is more valid when the critic doesn't use the term "soulless noise" in describing things they simply don't like.
he got to you.
No. I answered his question. There's a difference.
Sieg Heil
I will fuck you up

Post by Sieg Heil »

I posted this thread because I know there are a few people here who are interested in listening to things other than Metal.
Uhum, ok let me try to summarize this :

1.Metal fans who get offended if someone insults metal and try to defend it with all means are 'Metal Fags',

2.Metal fans who do not appreciate the talent incorporated in other genres are 'Metal Fags'

3.Metal fans who appreciate other music genres apart from Electronica (disregarding the fact whether they like them or not) are 'Metal Fags'

4.Random people who do not appreciate Electronica are 'Metal Fags'.

So you are putting the term 'Metal fags' in a broader sense, namely people who dislikes 'indistinguishable audible energy gradient' you call Electronica.

BTW i just caught some Electronica music in my yard. I hope you like them.

The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

The Doctor wrote:
DBS wrote:
he got to you.
No. I answered his question. There's a difference.
No, you tip-toed around it.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!