Just picked an Ampeg

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Just picked an Ampeg

Post by Jefferino »

B2RE for $500- pretty nice shit, im still too broke to get an all tube bass amp though. Why does musical equipment have to be soooo fucking expensive!!? :aargh:
Get killed.
pity
Far Beyond Driven

Post by pity »

because they only want people who are serious about being loud to buy shit.
Don't regret the rules I broke
When I die bury me in smoke
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

pity wrote:because they only want people who are serious about being loud to buy shit.
I think you're right about the serious part, but I can get an amp on ebay right now for 50 bucks that is 'loud' with no quality to it what so ever.
Get killed.
S
Interloper

Post by S »

it's because the market for that stuff is so small they have to charge alot to compensate for their employees and research and all that shit. for guitars i'd say it's more pinache than anything.. all of the materials and labor costs for a les paul jimmy page edition couldn't be more than 1000, but they sell it for $6000
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

S wrote:it's because the market for that stuff is so small they have to charge alot to compensate for their employees and research and all that shit. for guitars i'd say it's more pinache than anything.. all of the materials and labor costs for a les paul jimmy page edition couldn't be more than 1000, but they sell it for $6000
:tup: I agree. I also think it has a lot to do with it being more of an 'exclusive' market. Meaning, if amps were really cheap, considering the failure rate with amateur musicians, they would sell their shit, and it would put money in the pocket of places like Guitar Center who resell used gear, insted of the acutal manufacturer. I bet we'd all shit our pants if we found out how much musical equipment costs to make.
Get killed.
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

should've gotten the svt3-pro, i love that shit
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

CoercedCoexistence wrote:should've gotten the svt3-pro, i love that shit
Fuck I almost did- but I didnt have enough $- Im gonna save my cash and skip all the yipedy do-dah shit, and get an SVT4-Pro.
Get killed.