played a 2000 dollar martin acoustic at guitar center

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
S
Interloper

played a 2000 dollar martin acoustic at guitar center

Post by S »

and a 2000 dollar martin 12 string. anyone have one of these? the action is sick.. just like a soloist.. and the sound is seriously good. i'm fucking good at that finger pickin 12 string shit.. hellz yeah.

dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

i'd love one of those things. its $2000 out of my range though. :(
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

martin d-28 is the best acoustic guitar ive ever played. just way too expensive.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
S
Interloper

Post by S »

fucking amazing sound.. i'm going back for more. also the 2000$ jackson soloist they had disappointed me some.. i'm not sure i like the painted neck.
pity
Far Beyond Driven

Post by pity »

some painted necks can be fast. the neck on my spector is painted and it's still the 'fastest' bass i've played. OOH YEAH
Don't regret the rules I broke
When I die bury me in smoke
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

pity wrote:some painted necks can be fast. the neck on my spector is painted and it's still the 'fastest' bass i've played. OOH YEAH
SPECTOR!! :aargh: :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

no, but i have a $3000.00 Kenny Wayne Shepherd model Martin acoustic...autographed by the man himself as well...sweet guitar...i keep it stored away...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
S
Interloper

Post by S »

holy crap.. pictures!
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

S wrote:holy crap.. pictures!
you have no right
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
S
Interloper

Post by S »

haha :fu:

but yeah i was reading on their website the little things about storing such nice guitars:

Home > Guitars > Technical > Humidity
Your guitar is made of thin wood which is easily affected by temperature and humidity. This combination is the most important single part of your guitar’s surroundings. Martin keeps the factory at a constant 45-55 percent humidity and 72-77 degrees Fahrenheit. If either humidity or temperature get far away from these factory conditions, your guitar is in danger. A rapid change in temperature or exposure to cold can cause small cracks in the finish. These are lacquer checks. We recommend the use of a hygrometer/ thermometer to measure the relative humidity and temperature surrounding your guitar.

As humidity increases, moisture content of wood goes up rapidly, causing it to expand and swell. A gradual increase in humidity won’t generally do permanent damage to your instrument. When very high humidity is combined with high temperature, glue joints could possibly become weakened and may even open slightly. If your guitar is exposed to high temperature or humidity for any length of time, the glue under the bridge could weaken causing the bridge to pull off.

Rapid changes in local humidity are what you want to guard against. If, for instance, you place your guitar near a source of dry heat, the humidity around it will drop much faster than it would naturally, although a sudden dry spell can have the same effect. If the moisture content of wood is forced down in a hurry, portions of it shrink faster than others, causing cracks and open joints. Don’t set your instrument next to a source of heat or hang it on a wall where it will dry out. At all costs, avoid hanging your guitar on an outside wall during winter months. The wall will be cooler than the inside air. The result is a conflict between the temperature of the top and back, with potential damage as a result.

Should the guitar be exposed to freezing temperatures, let it warm to room temperature while still in its case. This lets it come up to room temperature more slowly, decreasing the possibility of wood and finish cracks.

Caution should be taken if you choose to use a humidifier to combat low humidity. Moisture in direct contact with the guitar could cause damage, as can the rubber or vinyl parts of a humidifier.

We recommend storing your guitar in its case when not in use. Humidity is easier to control in a smaller space. Don’t bother loosening the strings when putting your guitar away unless it won’t be used again for several months. Constantly tightening and loosening strings quickly ruins their sound.
The Martin hard case supports the neck and body of your guitar as evenly as possible. It’s important that you don’t let anything lie under the head (the tuning machine end), as this could damage the neck and body.

Repairs to your instrument should be performed by an authorized repair person.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

DBS wrote:
you have no right
:lol:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

S wrote:haha :fu:

but yeah i was reading on their website the little things about storing such nice guitars:

Home > Guitars > Technical > Humidity
Your guitar is made of thin wood which is easily affected by temperature and humidity. This combination is the most important single part of your guitar’s surroundings. Martin keeps the factory at a constant 45-55 percent humidity and 72-77 degrees Fahrenheit. If either humidity or temperature get far away from these factory conditions, your guitar is in danger. A rapid change in temperature or exposure to cold can cause small cracks in the finish. These are lacquer checks. We recommend the use of a hygrometer/ thermometer to measure the relative humidity and temperature surrounding your guitar.

As humidity increases, moisture content of wood goes up rapidly, causing it to expand and swell. A gradual increase in humidity won’t generally do permanent damage to your instrument. When very high humidity is combined with high temperature, glue joints could possibly become weakened and may even open slightly. If your guitar is exposed to high temperature or humidity for any length of time, the glue under the bridge could weaken causing the bridge to pull off.

Rapid changes in local humidity are what you want to guard against. If, for instance, you place your guitar near a source of dry heat, the humidity around it will drop much faster than it would naturally, although a sudden dry spell can have the same effect. If the moisture content of wood is forced down in a hurry, portions of it shrink faster than others, causing cracks and open joints. Don’t set your instrument next to a source of heat or hang it on a wall where it will dry out. At all costs, avoid hanging your guitar on an outside wall during winter months. The wall will be cooler than the inside air. The result is a conflict between the temperature of the top and back, with potential damage as a result.

Should the guitar be exposed to freezing temperatures, let it warm to room temperature while still in its case. This lets it come up to room temperature more slowly, decreasing the possibility of wood and finish cracks.

Caution should be taken if you choose to use a humidifier to combat low humidity. Moisture in direct contact with the guitar could cause damage, as can the rubber or vinyl parts of a humidifier.

We recommend storing your guitar in its case when not in use. Humidity is easier to control in a smaller space. Don’t bother loosening the strings when putting your guitar away unless it won’t be used again for several months. Constantly tightening and loosening strings quickly ruins their sound.
The Martin hard case supports the neck and body of your guitar as evenly as possible. It’s important that you don’t let anything lie under the head (the tuning machine end), as this could damage the neck and body.

Repairs to your instrument should be performed by an authorized repair person.
its like taking care of something thats living
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

you asking me?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

here it is, never let it be said i don't back up my claims:

ImageImage
ImageImage
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

clean the fretboard bra, its disgusting!
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

i heard martin necks are weakly constructed
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i seriously doubt that, whoever told you that should be punched in the dick.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

hippy wrote:clean the fretboard bra, its disgusting!

dude, it's hardly ever been played, and I bought it new! It just needs a polishing...