Help a Pantera Newbie

Talk about anything Pantera related....
1One1
Creampuff

Help a Pantera Newbie

Post by 1One1 »

Okay I'll keep this to the point:

I have the Best Of Pantera. I want more.

Favourite songs: (No Particular Order)
1) 5 Minutes Alone
2) Mouth For War
3) Walk
4) Fucking Hostile
5) Cemetary Gates
6) Where You Come From?
7) Becoming
8) Revolution Is My Name
9) Domination
10) Cowboys From Hell.

Which album should I get?
Drunken Bassist
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Drunken Bassist »

All of the albums are badass, however, start off with either Vulgar Display of Power or TGSTK. You will not be disappointed.
<Insert witty comment here>
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

Get far beyond driven. Its probably the best for someone just getting into the band :tup:
1One1
Creampuff

Post by 1One1 »

Basing this on your personal preference or the songs that I dig?
Far Beyond Strength
Creampuff

Post by Far Beyond Strength »

Get Far Beyond Driven for your first album. Skip all the way to Hardlines Sunken Cheeks and repeat after Throes of Rejection. You will never want to take that CD out again.
A faster way to kill them all would take too god damn long
El Masa
Cowboy From Hell

Post by El Masa »

Agreed. But remove that pic. No pics in sigs.
Far Beyond Strength
Creampuff

Post by Far Beyond Strength »

1One1 wrote:Basing this on your personal preference or the songs that I dig?
Well your favorite song is 5 Minutes Alone which is on Far Beyond Driven. Becoming is also one of the first songs on that CD. Then there's songs like Strength Beyond Strength...but like I said, that entire album is great, but that later half is what really makes it shine. Most people cream themselves the moment they hear Shedding Skin anyway. That album didn't go multiplatinum and reach the billboard number 1 spot because it had a nice cover.
A faster way to kill them all would take too god damn long
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

all of them. duh. :roll:
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

Fantomas wrote:Get far beyond driven. Its probably the best for someone just getting into the band :tup:
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i happened to get them in order by chance, and i think that it is a good progression. Start with cowboys from hell, get bored of it, move onto vulgar display of power. soon enough you'll come to realise that trendkill is your favourite.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

DBS wrote:i happened to get them in order by chance, and i think that it is a good progression. Start with cowboys from hell, get bored of it, move onto vulgar display of power. soon enough you'll come to realise that trendkill is your favourite.
actually, you didn't. you are kinda forgetting metal magic, projects in the jungle, i am the night, and power metal. :no:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

metaljess wrote:
DBS wrote:i happened to get them in order by chance, and i think that it is a good progression. Start with cowboys from hell, get bored of it, move onto vulgar display of power. soon enough you'll come to realise that trendkill is your favourite.
actually, you didn't. you are kinda forgetting metal magic, projects in the jungle, i am the night, and power metal. :no:
no fucking shit. i think everyone knows that those are token albums. the real pantera is the major label stuff.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

metaljess wrote:
:roll:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

The greatest hits is a bad way to get into Pantera. Only one song off TGSTK on it :no: TGSTK > VDOP > RTS > CFH > FBD.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
no fucking shit. i think everyone knows that those are token albums. the real pantera is the major label stuff.
yeah well i think that's :bs: just cause those albums aren't as good as the major label stuff, doesn't mean they should be forgot.
Last edited by metaljess on Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

metaljess wrote:
DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
yeah well i think that's :bs: just cause those albums aren't as good as the major label stuff, doesn't mean they should be forget.
I dont either. i think they fucking rule. Dime owns on them and the lyrical content is absolute genius. but someone getting into Pantera, who wantgs accessibility and quality should opt for the major label shit. naked pics.
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
yeah well i think that's :bs: just cause those albums aren't as good as the major label stuff, doesn't mean they should be forget.

I dont either. i think they fucking rule. Dime owns on them and the lyrical content is absolute genius. but someone getting into Pantera, who wantgs accessibility and quality should opt for the major label shit. naked pics.
i do agree :tup:

you said i was ugly, so why would wanna see naked pics?
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

metaljess wrote:
DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:

i do agree :tup:

you said i was ugly, so why would wanna see naked pics?
Just make with the pics already :roll:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Do yourself a favor, goto cdnow.com, buy ALL of their albums.
Dont be one of thoes losers at a party that says "Lets hear some WALK!"

Since your a newbie, ill help ya out:

Cowboys From Hell (1990)
Vulgar Display of Power (1992)
Far Beyond Driven (1994)
The Great Southern Trendkill (1997)
Reinventing the Steel (2000)
Get killed.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Re: Help a Pantera Newbie

Post by croninburg »

1One1 wrote:Okay I'll keep this to the point:

I have the Best Of Pantera. I want more.

Favourite songs: (No Particular Order)
1) 5 Minutes Alone
2) Mouth For War
3) Walk
4) Fucking Hostile
5) Cemetary Gates
6) Where You Come From?
7) Becoming
8) Revolution Is My Name
9) Domination
10) Cowboys From Hell.

Which album should I get?
Get Vulgar Display of Power first, then you'll want to buy all the others. My personal favourite is TGSTK :tup:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Get Vulgar Display of Power, then get Far Beyond Driven.
Welcome to the Forum.
fags mate
Creampuff Sr.

meat

Post by fags mate »

you guys act like we're dumbshits if we havent heard the album/albums? before cowboys, well how the fuck are we meant to get them? i guess you're all from america where everythings big and easy, i don't know anyone/ haven't heard of anyone in new zealand thats got them!
where did you get them?
is phil the singer back then?

meat- tyres - concrete are whats fags are made of.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

Jefferino wrote:"Lets hear some WALK!"
:lol:
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

if you listen to TGSTK first you will probably wonder what the fuck is going on
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Re: meat

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

fags mate wrote:meat- tyres - concrete are whats fags are made of.
What the FUCK.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MindsetOfAnnihilation »

aeon wrote:Get Vulgar Display of Power, then get Far Beyond Driven.
Welcome to the Forum.
thats the best way to go to be introduced i think esp. if you dont really know Pantera that well... thats they way i was brought in
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

Get the great southern trendkill, then the rest.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
fags mate
Creampuff Sr.

Post by fags mate »

well homeboys? where the FUCK am i supposed to buy these albums before cowboys!?

how about meat, tyres and concrete in a blender? maybe thats what fags are made of?
Bad Guys Wear Black
Creampuff

Post by Bad Guys Wear Black »

hmm get either Vulgar Display of Power or Far Beyond Driven, i think they define Pantera's sound best.
"all the money in the fucking world couldnt buy me one second of trust or one ounce of faith in anything you're about. fuck you all."

"no respect gets no one no where. show respect."
Bad Guys Wear Black
Creampuff

DBS wrote:
metaljess wrote:
the "real pantera" is anything made by pantera, and that includes the old shit. a lot of people dont consider anything before power metal pantera cause phil wasnt the singer, but thats just opinion.
"all the money in the fucking world couldnt buy me one second of trust or one ounce of faith in anything you're about. fuck you all."

Amy
Hail Dimebag

Post by Amy »

:lol: :tup:

I say get them all at once, pop 'em in a multi disc cd player and hit random. But realize right from jump that "Floods" is the best song you will ever hear in your life. You get me? EVER.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Amy wrote:

:lol: :tup:

I say get them all at once, pop 'em in a multi disc cd player and hit random. But realize right from jump that "Floods" is the best song you will ever hear in your life. You get me? EVER.
A dead issue.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
1One1
Creampuff

Post by 1One1 »

Sorry, greatest song in the world is reserved for MetallicA - One.

Yes I have heard floods. The above statement is still true.
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

trendkill has one of the worst productions in metal history...it's fucking flat and lame, 0 depth
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Eibon wrote:trendkill has one of the worst productions in metal history...it's fucking flat and lame, 0 depth
your a homo
ImaginaryEntity
Show Me Your Tits

Post by ImaginaryEntity »

Don't forget to listen to the GlamTerA :aargh:
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

M.I.A wrote:
Eibon wrote:trendkill has one of the worst productions in metal history...it's fucking flat and lame, 0 depth
your a homo
good tunes, terrible production...how can you do FBD with such a raw, tight and heavy production...then do a piece of cardboard.
ImaginaryEntity
Show Me Your Tits

Post by ImaginaryEntity »

Eibon wrote:
M.I.A wrote:
your a homo
good tunes, terrible production...how can you do FBD with such a raw, tight and heavy production...then do a piece of cardboard.
The production on TGST is just fine.
Bad Guys Wear Black
Creampuff

ImaginaryEntity wrote:
Eibon wrote:
M.I.A wrote:
your a homo
The production on TGST is just fine.
The only thing I see wrong with that album is that Phil's voice has started to deteriorate by that time...

Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

nah the production is weird...it's not so much a raw unit as FBD and VDOP.

RTS also has that strange flatter production...which is a shame because the songs on RTS are my faves.