Best sound out of my amp

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dimebag_lordofmetalheaven
Creampuff

Best sound out of my amp

Post by dimebag_lordofmetalheaven »

could all you crazy guitarests help me get a gd setting for my amp, ive tried but cant get it good. it has gain, gain 2 , level,bass,middle,treble,reverb,volume
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

:lol:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

just turn all the knobs to stfu.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Gain - 10
Gain2 - 10
Level - 10
Bass - 10
Mid - 0
Treble - 10
Reverb - 0
Volume 11

Thats how most n00bs start with metal tones :lol:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Just experiment untill it sounds ok. If you've only just started playing you'll sound cack anyway so just practice.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

what you need to do is get a pair of pliers,turn your amp off...turn the master volume all the way to the left,use the pliers to break off the knob and the potentiometer shaft,turn it back on,plug in and use the gain 1 knob for volume controll.it may sound stupid but it is how you get good sound out of an amp like yours. :tup:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

TK wrote:what you need to do is get a pair of pliers,turn your amp off...turn the master volume all the way to the left,use the pliers to break off the knob and the potentiometer shaft,turn it back on,plug in and use the gain 1 knob for volume controll.it may sound stupid but it is how you get good sound out of an amp like yours. :tup:
also,turn low to about 6,mids at 4,treble about 8
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

croninburg wrote: cack
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

For the best distortion, you want to pull your speakers out of the cab- take an xacto knife and cut large slices into the speakers, (in a clockwise motion of course)- also (depending on what kind of amp you have) there's a "metal" switch under the preamp- make sure thats engaged. and your ready to rock dude!

\m/ time to rock bro, time to rock.
Get killed.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Jefferino wrote:For the best distortion, you want to pull your speakers out of the cab- take an xacto knife and cut large slices into the speakers, (in a clockwise motion of course)- also (depending on what kind of amp you have) there's a "metal" switch under the preamp- make sure thats engaged. and your ready to rock dude!

Thats right i forgot all about the cabs!

One of the best ways to get some badass distortion is to get another amp that is exactly half the power of your amp,so if you have a 100 watt amp buy a 50 watt head,plug into the head,run a cord from the speaker out on the 50 watter to the guitar input of your amp now,crank the first amp up all the way...you will love the sound.you might want to throw an eventide processor in between the amps as well. :tup:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

TK wrote:
Jefferino wrote:For the best distortion, you want to pull your speakers out of the cab- take an xacto knife and cut large slices into the speakers, (in a clockwise motion of course)- also (depending on what kind of amp you have) there's a "metal" switch under the preamp- make sure thats engaged. and your ready to rock dude!

One of the best ways to get some badass distortion is to get another amp that is exactly half the power of your amp,so if you have a 100 watt amp buy a 50 watt head,plug into the head,run a cord from the speaker out on the 50 watter to the guitar input of your amp now,crank the first amp up all the way...you will love the sound.you might want to throw an eventide processor in between the amps as well. :tup:
dont let these guys fool you , theyre trying to ruin your gear
what you really want to get is one of those vintage 70s flux capacitors, the make your amp have a real awesome sound,randy rhoads used one in 1999
Last edited by dead forever on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

edit.
Last edited by DBS on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:
TK wrote:

dont let these guys full you , theyre trying to ruin your gear
what you really want to get is one of those vintage 70s flux capacitors, the make your amp have a real awesome sound,randy rhoads used one in 1999
Get killed.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

to start, get a good amp

jackass
Fuck Ole Miss
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:
TK wrote:

iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

http://www.last.fm/user/ether3al

"I walk whenever the weather provides
Everybody needs some time outside"
Creampuff

is a 30watt amp any gd?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Some are, some aren't.
Creampuff

well its made by Carlesbro, got off ebay 4 cheap money
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Never heard of them, does it sound good?
Creampuff

yer quite good. i think this model was when they were only a small companym, they re advertising more these days.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:
TK wrote:

[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

dead forever wrote:
TK wrote:

dont let these guys fool you , theyre trying to ruin your gear
You son of a bitch!
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

jesus christ :lol:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Lord of This World wrote:jesus christ :lol:
Why in the hell did he have to give that trick away? :x
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

I found that a lock of Don Dokken's REAL hair from 1986 really molds your tone to however you want it. You simply place it behind your pickups.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

I have a 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3.I can sell it for Dirt cheap,Pm me on the price.You do not want any of the re-pop garbage they make these days,there not even made by the Institute of Future Technology,which went out of buisiness in 1991.I have heard there was about 70 made all together.The later 39 of production were useless after 45 hours due to the early technology of quiescent plasma at the time.

Here is a pic of my 1985 flux capacitor-
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

TK wrote:I have a 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3.I can sell it for Dirt cheap,Pm me on the price.You do not want any of the re-pop garbage they make these days,there not even made by the Institute of Future Technology,which went out of buisiness in 1991.I have heard there was about 70 made all together.The later 39 of production were useless after 45 hours due to the early technology of quiescent plasma at the time.

Hes lying, thats not an original E.Brown flux capacitor, its one that was made after co-designer B.Tannon left the company, after he left the quality went down greatly, your really dont want one thats made after 82
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

dead forever wrote:
TK wrote:I have a 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3.I can sell it for Dirt cheap,Pm me on the price.You do not want any of the re-pop garbage they make these days,there not even made by the Institute of Future Technology,which went out of buisiness in 1991.I have heard there was about 70 made all together.The later 39 of production were useless after 45 hours due to the early technology of quiescent plasma at the time.

Hes lying, thats not an original E.Brown flux capacitor, its one that was made after co-designer B.Tannon left the company, after he left the quality went down greatly, your really dont want one thats made after 82
Stop this bullshit man,the guy wants good tone...and my flux capacitor is one of the best. I sold Jefferino my other one and he wont use any other rig now,he loves it.Stop trying to fuck peoples tone up with your false claims on lower-grade flux capacitation. :aargh:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

TK wrote:
dead forever wrote:

Stop this bullshit man,the guy wants good tone...and my flux capacitor is one of the best. I sold Jefferino my other one and he wont use any other rig now,he loves it.Stop trying to fuck peoples tone up with your false claims on lower-grade flux capacitation. :aargh:
Well all i know is that shred legend brandon livingston used an 82 flux capicator up untill his untimely death in 97, and thats a good enough reason for me to use one.
asshole
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

:lol: :lol:
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Yeah TK's 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3 is actually one of the best Flux Capacitor's Ive ever owned! It has unbeatable spacial tonality that doesn't overcompensate for the interworkings of the gain fluxuation that one could expierience while sustaining an emence ejaculation.
Get killed.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i have no idea what is going on in this thread
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Jefferino wrote:Yeah TK's 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3 is actually one of the best Flux Capacitor's Ive ever owned! It has unbeatable spacial tonality that doesn't overcompensate for the interworkings of the gain fluxuation that one could expierience while sustaining an emence ejaculation.
Listen kid, trust me, coming from a veteran, anything made by E.Brown from that year is junk, in fact i remember having a discussion about this back in namm............

(guitar convention)

Last edited by dead forever on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:
Jefferino wrote:Yeah TK's 1985 E.Brown Flux capacitor V.3 is actually one of the best Flux Capacitor's Ive ever owned! It has unbeatable spacial tonality that doesn't overcompensate for the interworkings of the gain fluxuation that one could expierience while sustaining an emence ejaculation.
Listen kid, trust me, coming from a veteran, anything made by E.Brown from that year is junk, in fact i remember having a discussion about this back in namn............

(guitar convention)

:tup: lol
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:
Listen kid, trust me, coming from a veteran, anything made by E.Brown from that year is junk, in fact i remember having a discussion about this back in namn............

(guitar convention)

:tup: lol
Get killed.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

:roll:
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

:lol: at this thread.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

I hear laney are working with E.Brown on a new amplifier using 2 flux capacitors at the gain stage for total tonal domination! :aargh:

LANEY-BUILDING AN EMPIRE OF TONE!

What is taking so long is that they cant find a speaker that will handle 2.42 gigawatts.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

TK wrote:I hear laney are working with E.Brown on a new amplifier using 2 flux capacitors at the gain stage for total tonal domination! :aargh:

LANEY-BUILDING AN EMPIRE OF TONE!

What is taking so long is that they cant find a speaker that will handle 2.42 gigawatts.
dude....i think the joke has ran long enough :tup:

no speaker could ever handle it, laney are obviously going to use some new kind of sound projecting technology