Panning

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Panning

Post by Sam »

I did some panning on a new song I'm working on, and I wanted your feedback.
Answers to shit like, "Did I overuse it?", "Did it flow right in the mix?", etc, etc, etc, etc.
Have your speakers BLASTED because as soon as you click the link the music starts. Click here.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Kick/s, Snare and Bass Guitar are usually in the middle, Toms are usually panned from left to right, just look at how the Toms are arranged and imagine that drumkit being where your speakers are then pan them accordingly, i usually pan my Toms 15% Right, 15% Left for the 2 Middle Toms and about 25% Left for the Floor Tom, Hi-Hat is usually at about 20% Right and the Overheads use the same technique as the Toms, imagine where they are and place them with your speakers. This is based on the panning options being 50% Right and 50% Left.

If im Doubling Guitar Tracks and i end up with 4 Guitar Tracks in total i pan 1 track all the way to the left and 1 about 30% to the left, then pan 1 all the way to the right and 1 about 30% to the right this will give the guitars a huge sound if you are tight enough when recording, EQ the guitars a bit differently to each other and it sounds cool, maybe even use different amps for each take just aslong as they all dont have the exact same settings on the same amp etc. im not talking about drastic changes just little ones to make them sound a little different to each other.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Holy shit, thanks for the info man.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

metallash summed it up
Fuck Ole Miss
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

wat the hell r u talking about panning
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Dime wrote:wat the hell r u talking about panning
it's official, you're a moron.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

Muffin wrote:
Shut the hell up pussy boy, wat the fuck is muffin. and by the way, that was a question u stupid piece of shit
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Dime wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Shut the hell up pussy boy, wat the fuck is muffin. and by the way, that was a question u stupid piece of shit
Shut up faggot. Get off this board now.
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

aeon wrote:
Dime wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Shut the hell up u fuckin computer nerd, u have about 4000 posts in a few months. u should be fuckin banned, every single post i go to, I see ur name. u need a life man.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Dime wrote:
aeon wrote:
Dime wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Shut the hell up u fuckin computer nerd, u have about 4000 posts in a few months. u should be fuckin banned, every single post i go to, I see ur name. u need a life man.
You need to be banned, you stupid child. You butcher the English language. Get lost, twat.
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

aeon wrote:
Dime wrote:
aeon wrote:
Dime wrote:
Muffin wrote:
You need to be banned, you stupid child. You butcher the English language. Get lost, twat.
what the fuck, u called me a child and a twat and your telling me that i butcher the english language. your a fag man, shut the hell up