Cool Edit Pro 2.0

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Post by Sam »

I can't get my guitar to record! I have an external sound card (Tascam US-122). I can record with it using Goldwave...this simple recording program, but I think Cool Edit is just too complex for me as of right now. I can't get a signal in the program, so someone please help. Hit me up on AIM to make it easier. My name is: Sam to the Maxx
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Wave Out is your computer speakers? Wave in, is my sound card right?
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

I got it to work, thanks guys.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

:lol:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SAM wrote:I got it to work, thanks guys.
:lll:
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

hey Sam, you told me the US122 is crap and I need to smash it..what gives? I hate the fucking delay it seems to cause going into the machine...so I havent used it on my new system yet...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Man I was so wrong, it's a great sound card! Just depends on the setup! We've come a long way Balls!
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

the Tascam is just an outboard soundcard rather than an internal one, if you wanna cut that delay down goto www.asio4all.com and download the asio driver it cut my delay down from 45ms to 4ms when monitoring something in cubase.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

I bet it'll work better on a USB2.0 input better than USB 1.1, which I had on my old machine...

I was actually considering getting the M-box soundcard and all the sofware that goes with it instead

and Sam, tell me how you have yours setup, and be concise, because you come off as an overexcited drunken monkey on AIM...
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:I bet it'll work better on a USB2.0 input better than USB 1.1, which I had on my old machine...

I was actually considering getting the M-box soundcard and all the sofware that goes with it instead

and Sam, tell me how you have yours setup, and be concise, because you come off as an overexcited drunken monkey on AIM...
go for an M-Audio Delta 66 it has 4 inputs and outputs and has a breakout box so you can put it on your desk next to your monitor and stuff so you dont have to keep going behind your PC etc. so theres no fussing around, its only cheap too, about $250-300 if you dont want 4 i/o's get the Delta 44 its got 2 i/o's and is obviously cheaper.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Hey 'Lash, weren't you the one who sent me the Amplitube a while back? If so, wasn it the full or bundled version? didn't seem like a lot of useful tones on there...

I have a US-122, so if i can get it to work as good as SAM's on my new system (w/XP Media Edition), I don't think I'll buy anything else other than a Behringer V-Amp2...
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:Hey 'Lash, weren't you the one who sent me the Amplitube a while back? If so, wasn it the full or bundled version? didn't seem like a lot of useful tones on there...

I have a US-122, so if i can get it to work as good as SAM's on my new system (w/XP Media Edition), I don't think I'll buy anything else other than a Behringer V-Amp2...
yeah that was me, ive got a file somewhere with 250 patches in, if i find it ill host it and PM you, the demo version is the full version just has limits until you enter the key into it or patch it. Amplitube ok i guess, the JCM900 plug-ins probably the best amp sim ive used.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Metallash wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:Hey 'Lash, weren't you the one who sent me the Amplitube a while back? If so, wasn it the full or bundled version? didn't seem like a lot of useful tones on there...

yeah that was me, ive got a file somewhere with 250 patches in, if i find it ill host it and PM you, the demo version is the full version just has limits until you enter the key into it or patch it. Amplitube ok i guess, the JCM900 plug-ins probably the best amp sim ive used.
I've already got it, so don't worry about that...i just put it in my Amlpitube folder, so when i get this up and going on my new system, I'll give it a try again...if i still don't like it, I'm going the Behringer V-amp route...
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Metallash wrote:the Tascam is just an outboard soundcard rather than an internal one, if you wanna cut that delay down goto www.asio4all.com and download the asio driver it cut my delay down from 45ms to 4ms when monitoring something in cubase.
how and where did you install it? I am still having trouble getting the ASIO4ALL driver to work in Cubase (I have SE), not to mention my Amplitube is just not showing up in the VST plugins folder, even though I have it all installed there...

I'm ready to give up and just go get the Behringer...

be specific, because their manuals are shit for explanantions...

I'm wondering if I use the RCA audio outs on the US-122 into the RCA audio inputs on my machines sound card instead of the USB input, if that will lower my latency to real time...
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

well, a buddy of mine just gave me an M-Audio MobilePre USB interface, hopefully this will give me better latency issues than my Tascam US-122...just installed it, gonna go into Cubase and check it out now...
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

If your buddy gave you the CD w/ the drivers on too, latency won't be an issue :tup:
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

scrotal_tug wrote:If your buddy gave you the CD w/ the drivers on too, latency won't be an issue :tup:
he sent me the software, so it turned out all good, I like it better, I just need to get some self-powered flat-response monitoring speakers to plug into the M-Audio external card...