link for my thrash metal band

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
hetdime87
Creampuff

link for my thrash metal band

Post by hetdime87 »

I play drums in a band called Vatican, here is the myspace link where you can listen to some songs, tell me what you think...

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... 0513073914
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Cool riffs, some better than others. Vocalist could use a little more balls. Other than that, you got some good shit going on, and I'd definitley like to hear better recordings of these songs. You guys so sound like Testament to a point where I think you took some of their riffs. That's good and bad. The good part is the overall sound, and the bad part is, for fans of old school thrash you're just playing what's already been done. Keep up the good work.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

You named your band Vatican? :lol:
hetdime87
Creampuff

Post by hetdime87 »

yea we named it before the pope died ha, but sam thanks for the compliments
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

im getting pretty tired of people who just join to whore out their bands. take it to the official pantera board. :fu:
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
hetdime87
Creampuff

Post by hetdime87 »

I used to be a member of the Pantera forum, so fuck you.
chopper
n0ob

Post by chopper »

:fu: :fur: :pimp: :zzz: :shock: :negro: :negro: :negro:
im just an ordinary bloke........that likes a spot of torture
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Repetitive and boring.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

hetdime87 wrote:I used to be a member of the Pantera forum, so fuck you.
alright then, ill give you some feedback on your band. i heard silent warning, and it is fucking horrible. those are the worst fucking pull offs i've heard in my life in the main riff. i was with my drummer friend while listening to this, and he wasnt even paying attention and told me the drums were out of time the whole time ( besides the disgusting quality). your riffs are repetitive as fuck, and really really unoriginal. your vocalist cant really sing, and just utters words out the whole time like hes choking on a cock.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
hetdime87
Creampuff

Post by hetdime87 »

well your drummer obviously doesnt know shit about drumming, sure i could have done a basic 4/4 beat but i mixed it up a little bit, to say it isnt in time is completely idiotic...at least critisize it with actual opinions
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

hetdime87 wrote:well your drummer obviously doesnt know shit about drumming, sure i could have done a basic 4/4 beat but i mixed it up a little bit, to say it isnt in time is completely idiotic...at least critisize it with actual opinions
i must say i did exagerate the drumming thing, since my friend was just listening in while watching a soccer game and not really paying attention.. but calling my friend somebody who doesnt know shit about drumming pisses me the fuck off. i think i trust more a drummer whos been playing jazz and samba shit like that before his balls dropped then a stupid fuck that plays like absolute horse shit like yourself.
i know im posting childish shit, cuz im fucking irritated with this faggot, so sorry to the rest of the guys who have to read my fuckin rants.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

This is some of the better music that's been posted on this site. To me it sounds like you completly ignored any influence from the 90s. The guitars are raw but do not cut through the mix. Vocals fit the music. I could picture this band playing an a San Francisco club in 1987. It is what it is.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Post specs and pics of your kit.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

i wouldnt say the drums were out of time.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Let me start out by saying you are a damn good drummer. As for the guitar riffs, they need some work. They are a bit too repetive and "flat" sounding. Not flat as in out of tune, but they are pretty damn boring. And a little piece of advice, girls do not make good thrash singers.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

the drumming isnt bad. i didnt think that the random funky beat in killride near the end was very thrashy. it sounds to me like your singer is trying to be james hetfield in my opinion, uses the same vocal melodies and patterns in every song, and a lot of times hes not in key. i dont really think that the growling fits with your guys style. but i think your riffs should use a lot more originality. you use a lot of the same ideas and notes for a lot of different riffs. and your solos arent very pleasant to hear, theyre very bitter sounding tone wise and note choice wise, he sounds like hes trying to copy kirk hammett (which is a VERY bad thing) and his solo at the beginning of torn at the seams was ear piercing. and what the hell was that at art of destruction?

sorry to come off as harsh but i thought id just be honest.
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

:tup: Vocalist reminds me of one of the Anihilator vocalists.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple