Phil is a Piece of SHIT- Period.

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Phil is a Piece of SHIT- Period.

Post by Jefferino »

I haven't really had a chance or a public forum to vent about this, cause I consider myself to be a diehard fan, just like all of you guys.. Read this if you want, don't if you don't, burn me at the stake, i dont give a fuck!!

I read Phil's "apology" letter on his website all the time, trying to gain some insight into this horrible situation, and it baffles me. " Some mentally disturbed individual …crushed the dream" he says....Which I agree Nathan Gale deserves to be dead, I dont think he would have made it too long in prison either way...you know what though? Phil himself crushed the dream. He's the selfish prick who made all these herion induced decsions without any regard for the fans of Pantera, his bandmates, the label, the management. He's the one who couldn't get over his own goddamned ego to write 2 more records (which is what was remaining on their contract) The only glory that dude wants to be appart of IS HIS OWN. He was truly convinced that he was the reason Pantera made it somewhere, and his entourage of asskissers just fed his ego. The only reason he persued Superjoint the way he did was because his band members accepted his lifestyle, in the way that Dime and Vinnie wouldn't., and the sad part of that, is he pulled Rex down with him. And im not sorry to say this, but Superjoint BLOWS or BLEW. Maybe Phil knew he couldn't cut the mustard with Pantera, seeing as how on the Superjoint albums he records his vocals one take at a time, its soooo annoying to listen to...AND Speaking of Rex- Where the hell is he on all of this. I know he was pretty reclusive anyway, but your High School buddy/bandmate gets shot to death ON STAGE, and he doesn't even make a press release or say something to the fans. I guess I give Phil a tiny shred of credit for that, he at least reached out and tryed to console the fans.

Do the math- its pretty simple. Dime was a martyr for Pantera breaking up, and obviously Nathan Gale related more to Phil than any of the other band members, through his lyrics, his attitude, or wouldn't have chose Dime. And this is an example as to how much this band meant to ALOT of people, and its pretty terrible that it meant THAT much to Nathan Gale.
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

Feel better?
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
rebelextravagant (4:32:15 AM): 27%
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Actually I do- Thanks
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Actually I do- Thanks
Arngrim Berserk
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Arngrim Berserk »

Jefferino wrote:Wah, wah, wah!!!
:zzz:
Childbirth is no more a miracle then eating food and a turd coming out of your ass. - Bill Hicks
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

what you said proves nothing to me
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

M.I.A wrote:what you said proves nothing to me
It proves he's pretty pissed about something. What that is, I don't know, because I sure as hell didn't read all of that.
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

well im glad i read that. i was especially interested in the part about :zzz:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Sorry I should have included a disclaimer that you need an attention span to read my post. What I said wasn't supposed to prove anything, it's just my opinion.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Sorry I should have included a disclaimer that you need an attention span to read my post. What I said wasn't supposed to prove anything, it's just my opinion.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

I didn't quite catch that, could you post it again?
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

AlabamaRedneck wrote:I didn't quite catch that, could you post it again?
hahahaha!

Jefferino: Well spoken! But I just can`t get myself to hate Phil. He has meant too much to me over the years. I agree somewhat to what you say, but I don`t hate Phil.

Get sad everytime I think about Dime.
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by Jefferino »

Sorry for the multipost-
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

MARDUK wrote:Get sad everytime I think about Dime.
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I said sorry asslicker, nice pokemon avatar by the way :lol:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

MARDUK wrote:Get sad everytime I think about Dime.
I do too man, very sad. Thats why I posted my opinions of the matter. Normally I wouldn't post here considering ive never seen a more hostile, flaming group of people in my whole life who like the same band...but thats neither here nor there.
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

excellent post man, thats pretty much where i stand about shit too. i figured this was gonna be a "i hate phil its his fault" bullshit post, but this had thought to it and it made sense, quality man, quality :tup:
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MindsetOfAnnihilation »

I really dont think it is Phil's fault at all. i have said it before and i will say it again... The media killed Dime not Phil, nathan gale killed Dime, not Phil... if the media didnt make such a big hype over the pantera break up it wouldn't have driven certain people to pick sides. Granted Phil is a heroin addict and doesnt make the best dessisions sometimes. but maybe he just had enough of Pantera.. He spent so many nights for so so many years with Vinnie Dime and Rex, maybe he just wasnt having that much fun anymore over 11 years or so with the same guys could get old i would imagine. and Phil was doing Superjoint Ritual shit during the same time that Great Southern TrendKill came out so its not like it was some new thing for him. Great bands break up sometimes, Pantera said it best, "Whats done is done and gone so why cry?" And not that any Pantera side project will ever EVER match up to anything even in the same catagory as Pantera, But I really enjoy Down, Superjoint, and Damageplan, i think it was kind of cool to see what those guys could come up with, with different memebers, and i am proud to say that i have seen all of these bands multiple times
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

MindsetOfAnnihilation wrote:I really dont think it is Phil's fault at all. i have said it before and i will say it again... The media killed Dime not Phil, nathan gale killed Dime, not Phil... if the media didnt make such a big hype over the pantera break up it wouldn't have driven certain people to pick sides. Granted Phil is a heroin addict and doesnt make the best dessisions sometimes. but maybe he just had enough of Pantera.. He spent so many nights for so so many years with Vinnie Dime and Rex, maybe he just wasnt having that much fun anymore over 11 years or so with the same guys could get old i would imagine. and Phil was doing Superjoint Ritual shit during the same time that Great Southern TrendKill came out so its not like it was some new thing for him. Great bands break up sometimes, Pantera said it best, "Whats done is done and gone so why cry?" And not that any Pantera side project will ever EVER match up to anything even in the same catagory as Pantera, But I really enjoy Down, Superjoint, and Damageplan, i think it was kind of cool to see what those guys could come up with, with different memebers, and i am proud to say that i have seen all of these bands multiple times
:aargh: :tup:
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

I don't understand why you put a period after you wrote PERIOD. :?

Since I don't comprehend this, I'm just going to microwave some jews. :tup:

:killjew:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

ahahaa
Get killed.
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I totally agree with the comment about his other side projects such as Down- It had a lot of substance, and diversity that I think Superjoint lacks...

But regarding the media/pantera break up causing the death....assuming for a second that Nathan Gale had the cognitive capacity to read... Phil's last interview before Dime's death basically said that "Dime needs his ass kicked" I dont know how much of that you can take warp and take out of context...Either way, lets agree to disagree...
Get killed.
PD
I'm just a...

Post by PD »

I agree with what you said, Jefferino.

Phil is what you may call a...umm....ahhh......DOUCHE!!!
[b]PanterA Disciple[/b]
Melanchops
Creampuff

how dare you!

Post by Melanchops »

Phil isnt crap he is a champ.He also made up Pantera.I love him,and he is a studmuffin too :fu:
Rest in Peace
Imortily Insane
Perfect Guiatarist
Damageplan
In the harts of his fans
Memories will remain
Everlasting spirit
Best ever
Always and forever will remain a nut
Gone to the rockstars heaven
MikeyHelms
Trendkiller

Post by MikeyHelms »

BONES!! :aargh:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats really laughable- I love seeing interviews with Phil where he can barely keep his eyes open, OH! and that audio interview with him where it sounds like its running half speed- OR! When he hosted head bangers ball ! HAHA... he's a selfish, ego driven, drug addicted DEUCHEBAG who ruined Pantera....but at least he's a stud muffin :fu:
Get killed.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

There's always two sides to the coin. Dime and Vinne would constantly rip the shit out of Phil and push him away by lack of communication. He had to do something, and he did so by undertaking other projects with down, SPR etc.

It's not as one sided as you may think. It's all just a really shit fuck up that ended tragically in a death. Noone thought it would go that far, but a band as hugely influential as Pantera were would obviously have some incredibly fucked up fans - One of which took to the stage.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:There's always two sides to the coin. Dime and Vinne would constantly rip the shit out of Phil and push him away by lack of communication. He had to do something, and he did so by undertaking other projects with down, SPR etc.

It's not as one sided as you may think. It's all just a really shit fuck up that ended tragically in a death. Noone thought it would go that far, but a band as hugely influential as Pantera were would obviously have some incredibly fucked up fans - One of which took to the stage.
Agreed- There might be two sides to every story, but niether Dime, Vinnie, or Rex was found in the dressing room D.O.A. That says alot to me right there, and he made all sorts of promises to cut the shit, and what'd they do? The wrote a pretty damn good record in RTS, look at the insert, they're all happy and laughing and shit- Phil starts hitting the smack, he jumps ship. Did you read any interviews on the Down II recording? They were tweeked out of their gourd the entire time. Im fucking ranting - sorry 1 last thing, druggies distance themselves from people who care about them because they dont want to face reality...hence Super Shit Ritual
Get killed.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Phil swears he's been off the drugs and been clean for a good year and a half now. I think Phil's a [pretty outspoken guy and he doesn't seem to be a vindictive or spiteful, nor hateful character. I personally believe he is true to his word but of course he does have issues.

You can't really blame any of the band members for not being in the dressing room afterwards as the place was probably a riot and everything would have been going off, a chaotic scene. You don't know what happens between them all, you don't know all the finer details of their personal situations and relationships between one another. They fell apart, had they not had been famous noone would have killed anyone. But because of their fame and influence other twisted people try to involve themselves in a scenario which does not involve them past the music they are being given.

It's not our place to pass judgement or blame. We can all assume or try to analyse the whole problem, but at the same time we aren't part of it whatsoever so our opinions are, in retrospect, irrelevant.

We only know what the papers and the interviews give us. Interviews can be skewed out of context easily. The whole "Dime should be severley beaten" thing is completely ludicrous because what Phil followed up with in that interview was that he wouldn't ever harm Dime because of their brotherhood.

The only person to blame here is the worthless Nathane Gale, and the flacid security.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

FUCKING NATHAN GALE MY GOD HOW I HATE THAT FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aargh: :aargh: :fur: :x :aargh: :fur: :x :fur: :aargh: :fur: :x :fur: :aargh: :fu:
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by Jefferino »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Phil swears he's been off the drugs and been clean for a good year and a half now. I think Phil's a [pretty outspoken guy and he doesn't seem to be a vindictive or spiteful, nor hateful character. I personally believe he is true to his word but of course he does have issues.

You can't really blame any of the band members for not being in the dressing room afterwards as the place was probably a riot and everything would have been going off, a chaotic scene. You don't know what happens between them all, you don't know all the finer details of their personal situations and relationships between one another. They fell apart, had they not had been famous noone would have killed anyone. But because of their fame and influence other twisted people try to involve themselves in a scenario which does not involve them past the music they are being given.

It's not our place to pass judgement or blame. We can all assume or try to analyse the whole problem, but at the same time we aren't part of it whatsoever so our opinions are, in retrospect, irrelevant.

We only know what the papers and the interviews give us. Interviews can be skewed out of context easily. The whole "Dime should be severley beaten" thing is completely ludicrous because what Phil followed up with in that interview was that he wouldn't ever harm Dime because of their brotherhood.

The only person to blame here is the worthless Nathane Gale, and the flacid security.
I agree with you 150% that I dont personally know what went on between those guys....but as a human being, who has eyes, there NO FUCKING WAY Phil is clean and sober, Ive seen him countless times, when someone sounds like they're talking in slow motion they're not sober. Ive had extremely reliable sources tell me otherwise as well. I actually think the most sober video interview ive seen of Phil in the last 2 years was his statement about Dime done by Uranium. Either way man, I agree but I disagree.
Get killed.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point and at the same time I amn't defending Dime nor Phil - Just playing devil's advocate. I too have seein Phil and thought "The guy's fucked" but at the same time.... he's always looked fucked up, plus he's older, larger and probably has alot of shit on his mind to deal with, which all helps to look as fucked up as he tends to.

The only thing I am really arguing here is that you can't justify calling Phil a shit. He didn't put the bullet in Dime. Perhaps if Vinne and Dime etc had been more appreciative and communicative with Phil he wouldn't have left Pantera like he did? Who knows. It's all speculation.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

True- gotta add my last 2 cents though on this one...

Right after Dime died a lot of guitar magazines were posting previous interviews with Dime, and one of them (Guitar Legends) I believe, Dime said there were a few meetings scheduled, throught the label, through management, and Phil never showed. I think the lines of communication were completely dropped by Phil. The only reason Damageplan was created was because they had no contact with Phil regarding the future of the band, so they had to assume it was over. Im tellin you man- the dude is a junkie. Mark my words especially now that Dime is gone...if he doesn't get his shit together, he's gonna end up like Layne Staley.
Get killed.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Well we'll just have to wait and see.

And by the way, SJR are awesome :D :tup:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

hehe...
no comment :no:
Get killed.
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

Jefferino wrote:hehe...
no comment :no:

Post by waterdogs »

jeff knows whats up
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

:D
Get killed.