Dimebag Darrell Memorial Concert in Ireland

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
slaughtered
Creampuff

Dimebag Darrell Memorial Concert in Ireland

Post by slaughtered »

Dimebag Darrell was my ultimate hero as he was too many others. As we all know the entire metal world was shook and hurt by the news of his death. To pay my tribute I got a Dimebag Darrell tattoo and have spent the past 2 months organising this gig for him. I just wanted to post this incase there are any irish fans on this forum who might wanna come along and pay their respects. I have 8 bands coming from all over Ireland. The venue holds 300 people and we're expecting it to be packed out. This is a chance for his Irish fans etc to get together, pay your respects, share your thoughts and knock back the black tooth grins!!

The venue is the Rosetta Bar in Belfast, the gig will be in the upstairs venue. Next Saturday, February 26th - Doors open at 6.30pm and admission is £5. I want to stress that every single penny raised will be donated to the Dimebag Darrell memorial fund. NO ONE....absolutely no one, is making ANY profit from this gig!!! The gig will run til about 1am and the line up consists of 8 kick ass Irish bands ranging from thrash to death metal! Video and Audio recordings will be made of the bands playing their Pantera/Damageplan covers and these will be available FREE, as long as you send a blank cd/video etc.

For anymore information, please contact me at laz_d2002@hotmail.com

Cheers....Laura \m/
Fuck the world, for all its worth...every inch of planet earth.
fuckin' cunt
Far Beyond Driven

Post by fuckin' cunt »

:tup:
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

fuckin' cunt wrote::tup:
[quote="Bren"]Tyson posted his vagina :tup:[/quote]
[quote="Tyson"]I am a lady :lol: :aargh:[/quote]
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Hi Laura, hope the show goes well :tup:
slaughtered
Creampuff

update!

Post by slaughtered »

Just wanna let you all know that this gig was a HUGE success!! The venue was packed...around 200 people showed up and £840 in total was raised for Dime's memorial fund! The bands were superb and Dimebag was definately given the tribute he so truely deserved.

Thanks to all the bands who played, everyone who came along to support the show, and anyone who helped out in anyway! The atmosphere was fantastic all night and who knows...there might just be another one come December 8th!! :D :tup:
Terra
Creampuff

Re: update!

Post by Terra »

slaughtered wrote:Just wanna let you all know that this gig was a HUGE success!! The venue was packed...around 200 people showed up and £840 in total was raised for Dime's memorial fund! The bands were superb and Dimebag was definately given the tribute he so truely deserved.

Thanks to all the bands who played, everyone who came along to support the show, and anyone who helped out in anyway! The atmosphere was fantastic all night and who knows...there might just be another one come December 8th!! :D :tup:
That's so awesome! I'm glad that there was such a nice tribute to him.

If you do hold another one in December, I should force my boyfriend to go (he lives in Ireland, but I'm in the United States). ^^
You're forever remembered by us all, Dimebag. Rest in peace.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

Terra wrote:
slaughtered wrote:Just wanna let you all know that this gig was a HUGE success!! The venue was packed...around 200 people showed up and £840 in total was raised for Dime's memorial fund! The bands were superb and Dimebag was definately given the tribute he so truely deserved.

That's so awesome! I'm glad that there was such a nice tribute to him.

If you do hold another one in December, I should force my boyfriend to go (he lives in Ireland, but I'm in the United States). ^^
He's banging all kinds of Irish sluts right now. No doubt.
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Browns Town wrote: He's banging all kinds of Irish sluts right now. No doubt.
We all are :pimp:
*101proof*
n0ob

Post by *101proof* »

im sure it was a great concert. but all the bands that played it suck! :fu:
1966-2004 R.I.P Dime
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

yes...cause I'm sure you've heard them all :roll:
*101proof*
n0ob

Post by *101proof* »

ok what bands played there?
1966-2004 R.I.P Dime
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

That's the point, you wouldn't have heard any except maybe Putrefy if you're into death metal. All the bands that played are just local bands from ireland who got together to pay tribute to Dimebag. You can't criticise them if you haven't heard them.
snowblind
Creampuff

Post by snowblind »

where was this? Im from I reland and unfortunitly wasnt told anything about it
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

:roll:
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

where are you from man?

It was in the rosetta bar in belfast on the 26th february. brilliant night.
snowblind
Creampuff

Post by snowblind »

Im down in Meath, not too far away i suppose what bands played at it? I hope to christ bands like Acidtone werent playing at it lil gimps :fag:
*101proof*
n0ob

Re: ......

Post by *101proof* »

slaughtered wrote:That's the point, you wouldn't have heard any except maybe Putrefy if you're into death metal. All the bands that played are just local bands from ireland who got together to pay tribute to Dimebag. You can't criticise them if you haven't heard them.
well im sorry i thought it was a whole bunch of gay bands. i heard bands like disturbed, drowning pool and other shit bands like that was doing a dimebag memorial concert. i didnt know it was death metal, i love death metal. sorry for the criticism.
1966-2004 R.I.P Dime
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

no probs man. dont worry about it. all the bands were from ireland. no one famous or anything. just doing our thing ya know?

the line up was -

Putrefy
Hexxed
Sinister Demise
Mass Extinction
Fallen
Symbiotick
Nothing Is Sacred

dont worry, haha, acidtone didn't get a look in!!!!
snowblind
Creampuff

Post by snowblind »

thank you i fucking hate those wannabe nigger gimps
i fucking hate blast gigs too :aargh:
michaelrattlehead666
Creampuff

Post by michaelrattlehead666 »

yea, cool tribut, u shuld definetly get one on december the 8th and have an even bigger, and if u arrange it in advance, and plenty of notice i'll go, i wud've went to the last 1 but never heard anything about it, and i'm from scotland, but i dnt care how far i have to travel, if it's for Dimebag
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

thats kool man! I really have my heart set on doing a one year remembrance gig for him! Keep an eye here for word on that, it'll be announced probably around August/September time if I definately go ahead with it!
slaughtered
Creampuff

Post by slaughtered »

also dude, if you want a copy of the video from 'The Art of Shred', send me a private message or something. I'd be more than happy to send you over a copy of the tape.
panchristian
Creampuff

Post by panchristian »

it realy sucks. im over in new york and some kids tried doing somthing like that but it got rained out. the bands sucked anyway but its for dimebag so who the hell cares its aweosme
PanterA 4ever
Creampuff

Post by PanterA 4ever »

:tup: Right On !!
[color=orange]For every fucking second the pathetic media pisses on me and judges what I am in one paragraph - Look here - Fuck YOU ALL[/color]