Third lesson so far with new instructor.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Third lesson so far with new instructor.

Post by Sam »

Learned pentatonics. Hell yes. So that's a total of three lessons so far.
Here's my latest solo, so tell me if I'm progressing. Click this: http://www.painpurge.com/Solo.mp3
I'm also looking for advice, on techniques, and if you can tell me by listening where I'm sloppy, or what I should learn. Thanks dudes.
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Before you try fitting in solos, actually KNOW how to fit in solos. It does not mesh right.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Mark wrote:Before you try fitting in solos, actually KNOW how to fit in solos. It does not mesh right.
Approach them a better way?
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Hum a melody then try to duplicate that on your guitar. Unless you are brilliant on the guitar, you can't think about what you want to play then just play it on the fly. It takes some preperation.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

i liked the drums
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

SuicideNote wrote:Hum a melody then try to duplicate that on your guitar. Unless you are brilliant on the guitar, you can't think about what you want to play then just play it on the fly. It takes some preperation.
Right, I know what you mean. I tend to end my ideas fast, because I want people to hear it asap. But the more I stick with it, the better it sounds.
Tex
The Worst Member

Post by Tex »

Sounds good. Snail slow in slo-mo then speed it up once you've nailed each note. Just keep it in key and you'll do even better than Kerry King.
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

SAM wrote:
Mark wrote:Before you try fitting in solos, actually KNOW how to fit in solos. It does not mesh right.
Approach them a better way?
More or less. One thing that I have noticed works for fitting in solos is while playing the solo, sometimes hit the same notes as the rhythm (guitar and bass) hit at the same time they do. That will keep you grounded. Other than that, I think the solo sounded pretty damn good. It's obvious you have been working hard.