What kind of recording hardware do you guys use?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

What kind of recording hardware do you guys use?

Post by Dawdy »

i was just plugging into my soundcard. It was ok, but there were too many problems. Its a crappy soundcard.

im looking to get something that is external and plugs into the USB. I want something that runs smooth. I got sick of the latency shit. Anybody recommend anything? Im looking to spend around $100 or less
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Focusrite stuff seems good :tup:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

croninburg wrote:Focusrite stuff seems good :tup:
Fuck yeah!

:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

uhh....i think thats out of my budget :lol:

anybody have any opinions on M-Audio Fast Track, or IK Multimedia StealthPlug?
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digidesign-M-Box-wi ... 2|294%3A50

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-Box_W0QQitemZ2504 ... 1|294%3A50

i had one of these, i recommend it. a year ago it went for 400 but now its cheap because they came out with a new one. you dont need a fast computer or a sound card to use it. i let my friend borrow it and havent seen it for 2 years now. i need to get it back, thanks for reminding me
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Re: What kind of recording hardware do you guys use?

Post by drummer_goat »

Dawdy wrote:i was just plugging into my soundcard. It was ok, but there were too many problems. Its a crappy soundcard.

im looking to get something that is external and plugs into the USB. I want something that runs smooth. I got sick of the latency shit. Anybody recommend anything? Im looking to spend around $100 or less
There will always be some latency. Good software will compensate for the latency issue on the recording, just make sure that you mute the tracks on the computer while recording or you will hear some killer delay that makes it tough to play.

As far as price goes you should look to spend more, you'll be glad in the long run, and go with something that uses firewire. Presonus makes some cheap firewire interfaces
http://www.sweetwater.com/c683--PreSonu ... Interfaces
I almost went with some of their firestudio line before i settled on getting a Mackie onyx. I have a presonus compression unit that is simply amazing. They definatly make solid stuff :tup:
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

mp3 link?
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

I have a real basic set up but it does everything I need it to. Cubase SE and just a simple mixer plugged into the sound card. Then I plug my inputs into the mixer.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."