Rock Star Energy Mayhem Festivel

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Rock Star Energy Mayhem Festivel

Post by Hailblaze »

This tour features Slayer co-headlining with Marylin Manson, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Black Dhalia Murder, Killswitch Engage, God Forbid and some other bands you may or may not like. IT seems to be an arena tour so if you havent had the chance to see slayer play outdoors (in some cases) I would definitely recommend checking it out!

Dates:
7/10/09 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
7/11/09 San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
7/12/09 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
7/14/09 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater
7/17/09 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
7/18/09 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
7/19/09 Denver, CO Fiddler's Green Amphitheater
7/21/09 Kansas City, KS Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone
7/22/09 St. Louis, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
7/24/09 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheater
7/25/09 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Music Centre
7/26/09 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank
7/29/09 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain
7/31/09 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center
8/1/09 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
8/2/09 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
8/4/09 Boston, MA Comcast Center
8/6/09 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless
8/7/09 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
8/8/09 Hartford, CT Comcast Theatre
8/9/09 Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion
8/11/09 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
8/12/09 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheater
8/14/09 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
8/15/09 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center
Izzy
I hate nigs

Post by Izzy »

Clutch is playing the night before the DC date in Baltimore :tup:
xastyr 7:51 pm
fyui90/*+* 06treszxc
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

I literally bought the last "pit" ticket yesterday for the Chicago show. I think it was well worth spending $50 more than for a lawn seat to see Slayer up close. I have never seen them and this might be their last tour so I wasn't going to miss the chance. Too bad Slayer is the only good band on the main stage.

I really fucking hope Manson plays the headlining seat that night so I can fucking leave when slayer finishes.
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

Yeah I havent seen slayer if about 4 years so im definitely going to the show at nissan pavilion. Theres a lot of crappy bands but cannibal corpse and behemoth should be pretty decent at least. Definitely leaving after slayer plays FO SHO :pimp:
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

MetalStrikesDown wrote: I have never seen them and this might be their last tour so I wasn't going to miss the chance.
no way in hell is this their last tour. they've got a new album coming out soon to promote.
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Does anyone else think Slayer is boring as fuck live?
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
StonerAngel
Little Miss Trouble

Post by StonerAngel »

summers_eve wrote:Does anyone else think Slayer is boring as fuck live?
yes.
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

no
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

no
IFryKids
Elitist Asshole

Post by IFryKids »

No.
Recommended Listening for the Moment:

Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

buck satan wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote: I have never seen them and this might be their last tour so I wasn't going to miss the chance.
no way in hell is this their last tour. they've got a new album coming out soon to promote.
Wow I can't believe I totally forgot about it. Well I guess I will go see them again so I can say I saw them more than once. They will probably tour with more shit again unless God decides he actually wants to do something and gives us the Big Four together on one stage. You know throw in the three big German bands wouldnn't hurt either. Everyone would be dead after that show.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

StonerAngel wrote:
yes.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

DBS wrote:
StonerAngel wrote:
yes.
they used to be great but nowadays they are boring as fuck, no energy & Araya's voice is gone to shit
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

if you've never seen them live, they are worth seeing, however I wouldnt go out of my way to see them again.
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

Not worth ticket price to see Slayer and Behemoth :tdown:
e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:
buck satan wrote:
Wow I can't believe I totally forgot about it. Well I guess I will go see them again so I can say I saw them more than once. They will probably tour with more shit again unless God decides he actually wants to do something and gives us the Big Four together on one stage. You know throw in the three big German bands wouldnn't hurt either. Everyone would be dead after that show.
They only do the big money tours, no more clubs. I'd like to see a full US tour with Megadeth.
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

yes
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Seeing Slayer outdoors will make it more exiting.
Suns out, guns out!
Cynosure
Lynch Mob

Post by Cynosure »

I went to that last year. It pretty much sucked aside from Mastodon and the Red Chord. I also got lost on the way to Indianapolis, which is a shit city.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote: The only way my problems will be straightened out concerning you is if I have you machine gunned to death and your body dismembered and thrown in a hole and you are never heard from again.
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

FUCK NO they have so much good material the setlist is guaranteed win. Yeah they might have been better in the past, but that can be said about pretty much every band.
shortkidwill
Mouth For War

Post by shortkidwill »

August 1st :aargh: :aargh:
Mad Muir
Dick Dangler

Post by Mad Muir »

even though I don't really like god forbid, they do put on a good show. Slayer aren't boring live. Arayas voice hasn't been good since diabolus.
Just because I can't crawl inside you it doesn't mean I'm not your parasite.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Overall, a good show. Black Dahlia and Cannibal Corpse were great on the second stages...for the first time in a long time, I saw some injuries from the pit. Killswitch pleasantly surprised...I liked watching their goofy guitarist run around in short shorts and a cape. Slayer killed, of course, and I left after that. No need to see Manson and getting out of the parking lot took about 30 seconds vs. the usual 15 minutes.
Suns out, guns out!
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Bar Rat wrote:Overall, a good show. Black Dahlia and Cannibal Corpse were great on the second stages...for the first time in a long time, I saw some injuries from the pit. Killswitch pleasantly surprised...I liked watching their goofy guitarist run around in short shorts and a cape. Slayer killed, of course, and I left after that. No need to see Manson and getting out of the parking lot took about 30 seconds vs. the usual 15 minutes.
The only worthwile thing that happened during the Killswitch set was when Howard Jones was yelling at everybody to get their fingers out of their vaginas. He said it is a metal show not a stand there and touch your pussy show. Then a little after that he encouraged the women in the crowd to have a titty war.

The bands on the smaller stages were better. I was at the hot topic stage the whole time. JFAC was actually good live, miracle I know. Then Behemoth, BDM, and Cannibal Corpse were all fucking killer. Their sound was good. Now the Mainstage really the only band I saw on there was Slayer. Fuck this venue I swear, the sound was fucking horrible. I still loved it, but Jesus titty fucking Christ. Kerry King is a good performer, not solo player, live. I spent my whole week prior to this show listening to nothing but Show No Mercy only to have them play no songs from that album. But oh well still awesome.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

I think the sound on the second stages is relatively unassisted, if you will. I don't know what the technical term for it is but it seemed the sound was coming merely from their amps. I realize the drums had to have subs and the vocals come thru a PA but it sounded real natural.
Suns out, guns out!
shortkidwill
Mouth For War

Post by shortkidwill »

http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo13 ... nswings29/

Some pics of the Pittsburgh show Saturday