Vital Remains

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Vital Remains

Post by MetalStrikesDown »

Fuckers are coming within 15 minutes of where I live. Playing in some hole in the wall, makes no sense, but I am going :tup:

http://www.myspace.com/vitalremains

They are still on tour by themselves through the middle of March, escept the next four shows are with Oceano

Some shitty deathcore band I have seen twice before is opening for them. WTF!?!?!? The fans are going to clash.
http://www.myspace.com/xoceano

WHY?
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

this isn't shocking at all. Vital Remains aren't nearly as big as people would like to beleive. they often play shows where basically other bands pay to play so that promoters will actually book them, hence why sometimes they have 8 fucking bands opening for them. also why a lot of times they play hole in the walls or DIY venues.
of course they don't do this when glen is with them because he's a prick. you're better off seeing them with one of their other vocalists.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Doug's is a complete shit hole. I saw Trouble there last spring. My buddy's band was to open but didn't because they were still fucking around with the soundboard at like 9:00 p.m. Evidently, there was a major problem with the compression or some shit.
Suns out, guns out!
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Yea I have been to Doug's like 3 times for shows, they don't know how to fucking get the sound right?

I saw Origin and Misery Index there and they couldn't get Origin's sound right at fucking all.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Lumber Jack Off wrote:this isn't shocking at all. Vital Remains aren't nearly as big as people would like to beleive. they often play shows where basically other bands pay to play so that promoters will actually book them, hence why sometimes they have 8 fucking bands opening for them. also why a lot of times they play hole in the walls or DIY venues.
of course they don't do this when glen is with them because he's a prick. you're better off seeing them with one of their other vocalists.
I kow they aren't a big band, but just saying the shithole it is in, I am surprised they play there. And Glenn is not doing vocals for them there, as far as I know.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

MetalStrikesDown wrote:
Lumber Jack Off wrote:this isn't shocking at all. Vital Remains aren't nearly as big as people would like to beleive. they often play shows where basically other bands pay to play so that promoters will actually book them, hence why sometimes they have 8 fucking bands opening for them. also why a lot of times they play hole in the walls or DIY venues.
I kow they aren't a big band, but just saying the shithole it is in, I am surprised they play there. And Glenn is not doing vocals for them there, as far as I know.
I just saw them open for Deicide and no, Glen will not be singing although he did come on and do 4 songs at the end, just because he was there.
Suns out, guns out!
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Bar Rat wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:
I just saw them open for Deicide and no, Glen will not be singing although he did come on and do 4 songs at the end, just because he was there.
I figured he probably would be doing some with them, since of course he does do the albums now.

Still pissed I missed that show.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

I wouldn't mind seeing Vital Remains again but Doug's is so bad that I think I'll skip it.
Suns out, guns out!
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Dude, it is wort it, I think Doug's is kind of cool because it is small and you can actually talk to the band members
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

MetalStrikesDown wrote:Dude, it is wort it, I think Doug's is kind of cool because it is small and you can actually talk to the band members
you can't do that at other clubs? :?
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Lumber Jack Off wrote:
MetalStrikesDown wrote:Dude, it is wort it, I think Doug's is kind of cool because it is small and you can actually talk to the band members
you can't do that at other clubs? :?
not at the ones around here really. You can meet them if you hang around after the show.

But at this little bar they are just right there hanging out all night
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

I guess it depends on the band, usually when I saw them around here they all hang out or around the merch table and the bar even though there is a backstage area. I figure most just want to talk to people. probably gets irritating being with the same few band mates night after night.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Well usually I see the bands whoa aren't the headliners walking around a little bit or just standing in the back drinking.

But the headliners you would be lucky to see.

I only talked to Frank Mullen because I realized I had to piss and he was just standing in the middle.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Going tonight, only $12. Too bad the show starts at 5:00pm and there is like 8 deathcore bands opening, I might just show up around 8:00pm because I don't want to stand through all that garbage, even though I do know people in a couple of the opening bands.
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

heh, Vital Remains just got confirmed here at a local dive bar as well. :tup:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
come check it out.
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

Vital Remains put on a great fucking show!

Especially if it's the bald dude that came in to sub for Benton a few years ago. That guy is 100% pure badass!
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

:Oo:[/quote]
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Vital Remains fucking owned :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
It was well worth getting to the show too early and listening to 6 deathcore bands open for them.

and no, there was a bald guy, but he was playing guitar and some guy with long hair did vocals.
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

God damn it...who the fuck was the guy that subbed for Glen Benton in 2006? He played with them at the Maryland Deathfest that year...huge, bald white guy, ripped as fuck and grim to helvete, decked to the nines in spiky gauntlets and crap. I've been researching and apparently this description could apply to either Thorn or Jeff Gruslin, both of whom had previously fronted the band in the 90's. Or maybe it was a third guy altogether, because I definitely remember fans at the show being like "woah, who the fuck is this guy filling in for Glen? he RULES" as though it was somebody brand new. This band's lineup history is very confusing! :x

:?
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Glen never tours with them anymore. The only reason he played some songs on the last tour is because he was with Deicide.

according to metal-archives these are all the vocalists they have had

Jeff Gruslin
Chris Ross (live only)
Thorn
Jake Raymond (live only)
Anthony Geremia
Damien Boynton

Scot Wily is currently is doing vocals for them
he is second from the left with that weird little beard. This a a pic of his other band Zircon.
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

Fuck. I can't tell if it was Jeff Gruslin that I saw or Jake Raymond.

Gruslin: Image

Raymond: Image

Who else was at MDF '06??
(i hope so for ya)

MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

Well I think the gauntlets are just part of the stage show for Vital Remains. Wily was wearing them too and he had a cross he held upside down the whole time.
MetalStrikesDown
Hail Dimebag

I forgot to mention I got the drummer's shattered drum stick. :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: