Alice In Chains

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
Chog
Far Beyond Driven

Alice In Chains

Post by Chog »

Saw them last night at Soundwave in Brisbane, the songs from what I remember were Again
Man In The Box
Them Bones
Dam That River
Rain When I Die(these three were in the order off Dirt, awesome)
Down in A Hole
Would
Nutshell
No excuses
It Ain't Like that
Rooster
They sounded great, Duvall was kind of buried in the mix a bit, but did a good job considering he isn't Layne. Cantrell's playing was top notch, the nutshell solo was pretty much the same as Jar as Flies.The crowd's singing was drowning out the band most of the time,too. Go see them if you get the chance. No new songs, though. Saw Lamb of God too, good shit as always, and Bloodhound Gang were good for a laugh. They were only selling midstrength booze, 8 bucks a can :tdown:
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Re: Alice In Chains

Post by Villecore »

Chog wrote: No new songs, though.
Oh no. :roll:

And AIC was touring with Lamb of God and Bloodhound Gang? The fuck? :lol: :tdown:
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

:Oo:[/quote]
Chog
Far Beyond Driven

Re: Alice In Chains

Post by Chog »

Villecore wrote:
Chog wrote: No new songs, though.
Oh no. :roll:

And AIC was touring with Lamb of God and Bloodhound Gang? The fuck? :lol: :tdown:
It's this thing called a music festival,weird huh. Who do you think they should tour with? :zzz: I don't give a shit about the new songs either, thought some people might.
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

Hmm yes, quite obvious from your post that "Soundwave" was a festival and not a venue. :hektik:
[quote]calm down dude, drink some water take a nap, and when you wake up it will all be over and normal again
(i hope so for ya)

buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

I saw them do an all acoustic show and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Hopefully they'll come around here again so I can see them do a full on rock show.
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Faeces Treat
I will fuck you up

Post by Faeces Treat »

I was at Soundwave yesterday and AIC fucking ruled. Easily the best band there. I arrived at about mid day, which was probably way too early. Had to sit through hours of that new, generic, bandana-wearing, breakdown faggotry they call metal these days, before they came on :tdown:

Jerry Cantrell is the man, his guitar work was spot on and I think new new singer is pretty damn good :tup:
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

I wouldn't see them unless Phil was singing.
Suns out, guns out!
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i would see them. i saw jerry cantrell do is solo stuff and he played a bunch of AIC songs and the guy doing layne vocals was great.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

AiC actually ruled when I saw them for my 25th birthday (in that they played a very satisfying setlist and were tight as fuck), but the amount that they ruled was nearly overshadowed by how much William isn't Layne. :negro: :(

It's like he hit all the notes, but part of the feel of the songs had been sucked dry...Jerry's playing is all that kept it from feeling like a decent tribute act. :tdown:
(i hope so for ya)

Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

well layne is dead. get the fuck over it. he was a druggie and paid the highest price for being an idiot. why should jerry stop doing what he loves because his friend couldn't kick a habit?
Recommended listen:

Villecore
Bottom Feeder

Post by Villecore »

Bodom J wrote:well layne is dead. get the fuck over it. he was a druggie and paid the highest price for being an idiot. why should jerry stop doing what he loves because his friend couldn't kick a habit?
did i say he should you fucking idiot? fuck you and your shitty reading comprehension.
(i hope so for ya)

Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i was just doing my standard layne rant; it really had nothing to do with your post. fuck off, you fucking weirdo.
Recommended listen: