Quit drinking and can't seem to pick up the guitar

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Quit drinking and can't seem to pick up the guitar

Post by Wrona »

Yep, im another one with this problem. I quit drinking about 4 months ago, and it seems like that is the same point in time where i stopped picking up the guitar. I try to sit down and nothing feels the same... nothing has the same spark as it once did. Every note seems dull and lifeless. Last saturday a bud called me up to try and pulled me out of the house to get me to jam for once, so of course i forced myself to drink so i could play again, sure enough i played and after i hit a joint once (which i havent done in years) i felt creative once again. Now that the buzz is long gone, i can't pick up the guitar.

What do i need to do to be interested again? What the hell is wrong?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Keep drinking.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Thats not one of my options, theres more to life than getting fucked up.
Drinking doesnt interest me anymore.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

And neither does guitar? 2 + 2 = ?
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

fourrrrr :x
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

if your drinking habits directly correlate to your creative output, i have bad news. you are an enormous faggot.

enjoy sobriety, square.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

DBS wrote:if your drinking habits directly correlate to your creative output, i have bad news. you are an enormous faggot.

enjoy sobriety, square.
FUCK THAT. Why were morrison and hendrix and a slew of other fantastic musicians fucked up all the time? do you think they could produce half the awesome shit they wrote had they all been stone sober?
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

take up heroin
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

just quit being such a pussy
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Re: Quit drinking and can't seem to pick up the guitar

Post by ~101 From Hell~ »

TK wrote:Yep, im another one with this problem. I quit drinking about 4 months ago, and it seems like that is the same point in time where i stopped picking up the guitar. I try to sit down and nothing feels the same... nothing has the same spark as it once did. Every note seems dull and lifeless. Last saturday a bud called me up to try and pulled me out of the house to get me to jam for once, so of course i forced myself to drink so i could play again, sure enough i played and after i hit a joint once (which i havent done in years) i felt creative once again. Now that the buzz is long gone, i can't pick up the guitar.

well, maybe you arent even a musician, did you ever think about that??? i'm being serious... what if, you were sooo completely trashed everytime you played guitar that you only THOUGHT it sounded good, but in reality it sounded like shit..... its very possible.
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

[quote="Gnarkiller"]this is fucking ridiculous. I just ran my fingers up my choad and found some furry little friends to pick out. going to go wash my hands. there is my two fucking cents[/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

You SUUUUUUUUUUUCK

don't know what to tell you. join a pantera cover band or something. take adderall. I have this same problem, as soon as I quit doing drugs I couldn't find a drive to keep playing my bass. Smoke weed
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

vulgarstrength wrote:
DBS wrote:if your drinking habits directly correlate to your creative output, i have bad news. you are an enormous faggot.

enjoy sobriety, square.
FUCK THAT. Why were morrison and hendrix and a slew of other fantastic musicians fucked up all the time? do you think they could produce half the awesome shit they wrote had they all been stone sober?
yes.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

this is fucking ridiculous. most people would play guitar more to help keep their mind off their addiction.

I stop playing everytime I am occupied with something that takes up more than 5 hours a day. ie work, school. but oh shit, thats life. what the fuck do I do??? bitches too. they kill the inspiration to play music. fuck em.

I have realized that guitar is just a hobby. keep it that way. only play if you want to but DONT SELL YOUR SHIT. I have been in and out of guitar playing for 3 years now and you never know when that fire inside could spark up again. I just ran my fingers up my choad and found some furry little friends to pick out. going to go wash my hands. there is my two fucking cents
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
COBRA
Vulgar Bastard

Post by COBRA »

TK wrote:Yep, im another one with this problem. I quit drinking about 4 months ago, and it seems like that is the same point in time where i stopped picking up the guitar. I try to sit down and nothing feels the same... nothing has the same spark as it once did. Every note seems dull and lifeless. Last saturday a bud called me up to try and pulled me out of the house to get me to jam for once, so of course i forced myself to drink so i could play again, sure enough i played and after i hit a joint once (which i havent done in years) i felt creative once again. Now that the buzz is long gone, i can't pick up the guitar.

you are just looking for an excuse to drink
utah utes=2008 fbs national champions
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

COBRA wrote:

you are just looking for an excuse to drink
As much as I'd hate to say it, that's pretty much my thoughts too.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

it is a sign of his addiction/dependency on alcohol. without it, nothing seems enjoyable. i'm willing to bet that there are other things you have recently lost interest in other than the guitar, even if you don't admit to it here.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know