Okay, fellow musicians, answer me this:

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
long4theblur
King

Okay, fellow musicians, answer me this:

Post by long4theblur »

HOW does one play a show obliterated wasted? I've tried even playing a couple songs in my own studio and I sound like shit. Every time I've ever tried in front of a crowd, I've fucked up worse than I would sober. Am I just not getting drunk enough to the point to where care if I live or die, or what? :?
Last edited by long4theblur on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

As soon as I have some drinks in me, playing is pretty much out of the question. So what I'm saying is, stay sober.
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

i play better drunk :| but not at the point where i'm throwing up on the stage.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i can't play for shit when i'm drunk unless it's something really simple. i play bass in a covers band which is the only time i get trashed and play at the same time.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

You have to practice obliterated wasted :aargh:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Muscle memory. I generally need a few drinks to really get into playing a show or my mind wanders and I'm overanalyzing everything I'm doing.

My coordination and shit doesn't really suffer when I drink, though. I never get stumbly, slurred-speech, or clumsy when I drink. All drinking has *ever* really did for me is make my mind work differently in a creative capacity and I tend to talk way too fucking much. But that's about it. I suppose alcohol affects different people in different ways.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Pfl?yd wrote:Muscle memory. I generally need a few drinks to really get into playing a show or my mind wanders and I'm overanalyzing everything I'm doing.

My coordination and shit doesn't really suffer when I drink, though. I never get stumbly, slurred-speech, or clumsy when I drink. All drinking has *ever* really did for me is make my mind work differently in a creative capacity and I tend to talk way too fucking much. But that's about it. I suppose alcohol affects different people in different ways.
i become extremely arrogant and vomit uncontrollably :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

you're drinking too much, jewcop. Just have a few beers or a couple shots and head out. You'll be just fine.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I want to get one of those reverse flying V's, solely for the purpose of hoisting it up and pointing to my penis with it.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

just paint legs on your flying V and eat it out onstage
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

hektik wrote:just paint legs on your flying V and eat it out onstage
Hektik, I like you a whole lot. Have I ever told you this????

Me and Hektik, PBB postin
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

stop it.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Step off my Kool-Aid, Muffin! :x
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

hektik wrote:just paint legs on your flying V and eat it out onstage
:lol:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I don't drink until about 15 min before going on stage, then only beer.
I have one beer on stage per set and a pitcher of water.
1 or 2 beers between sets on a 3 set night. I get pleasently buzzed, remain social and have a good show.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

I get annihilated on a regular basis playing live.. the only thing it has ever done to me is the occasional mis step off stage

here's a video of me playing shitfaced on New Years Eve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MvBiwoTyeU
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

I used to play better fucked up for some odd reason, of course there's a limit.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

DBS wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:Muscle memory. I generally need a few drinks to really get into playing a show or my mind wanders and I'm overanalyzing everything I'm doing.

i become extremely arrogant and vomit uncontrollably :tup:
Same here, but I tend to think when I played shows, about 3 beers or so was just enough to get me relaxed enough to loosen up and play with more focus, but yet at the same time, with a bit more abandon as well...I was too tense when I was sober.
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

well the way i look at it...
as long as you have good tone, the whole band is in tune, and you NEVER STOP THE SONG, keep it going smooth, stay on beat, most people wont notice any small mistakes. the biggest mistake you can make is starting a song over again because of some stupid shit only you guys would have noticed... make sure all the starts and stops and beat changes are tight and the rest doesnt matter.... do you care when bands youre watching miss notes or a beat? people are at concerts to have fun and almost only remember the good shit. if they arent then fuck em. the more you worry about making mistakes the more mistakes you will make. if you play the first note of the riff wrong, finish playing the entire riff "wrong" and it wont sound like a mistake. practice so much you hear the songs in your sleep and its second nature it will be easy to improvise when that shit happens, it does all the time... if the show starts going downhill and you can get yourself out of the rutt, start going crazy, headbang twice as hard amd the focus will be on your energy and not what you are playing. most people have no ear for good music and cant tell the difference, listen to the radio for proof. dont worry about it and youll be fine....
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Post by ~101 From Hell~ »

wow thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. if you have good tone, then that will make it easier for everyone else to hear wrong notes, especially if you play a whole entire riff wrong. and i would thinkt that it would be VERY clear when someone, or a whole band would be drunk, especially if you've played a show drunk yourself.

IDIOT.
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

[quote="Gnarkiller"]this is fucking ridiculous. I just ran my fingers up my choad and found some furry little friends to pick out. going to go wash my hands. there is my two fucking cents[/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i guess you just owned me. good luck with that .
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

thats right, owned, dont even breathe...
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

[quote="Gnarkiller"]this is fucking ridiculous. I just ran my fingers up my choad and found some furry little friends to pick out. going to go wash my hands. there is my two fucking cents[/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

101 FROM HELL~
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

yes?
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

yes?
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

AoD wrote:well the way i look at it...
as long as you have good tone, the whole band is in tune, and you NEVER STOP THE SONG, keep it going smooth, stay on beat, most people wont notice any small mistakes. the biggest mistake you can make is starting a song over again because of some stupid shit only you guys would have noticed... make sure all the starts and stops and beat changes are tight and the rest doesnt matter.... do you care when bands youre watching miss notes or a beat? people are at concerts to have fun and almost only remember the good shit. if they arent then fuck em. the more you worry about making mistakes the more mistakes you will make. if you play the first note of the riff wrong, finish playing the entire riff "wrong" and it wont sound like a mistake. practice so much you hear the songs in your sleep and its second nature it will be easy to improvise when that shit happens, it does all the time... if the show starts going downhill and you can get yourself out of the rutt, start going crazy, headbang twice as hard amd the focus will be on your energy and not what you are playing. most people have no ear for good music and cant tell the difference, listen to the radio for proof. dont worry about it and youll be fine....
:tup:
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
:tdown:
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
stop posting already
White Boy
Lynch Mob

Post by White Boy »

~101 From Hell~ wrote:yes?
shut the fuck up thanks!
JEW wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Dimebag-Darrell/172364059446349?ref=hl
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
Listen to AoD's band and see how wrong you are :lol:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

croninburg wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
Listen to AoD's band and see how wrong you are :lol:
that reminds me, i just read an interview where the guy was like "yea the bass player from a little known band named suffocation told me about these dudes" and he was talking about tentacles.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

you actually play worse but it seems like you're playing awesome cause you're drunk
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

White Boy wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:yes?
shut the fuck up thanks!
uh, no thanks, i like talking. how about you shut the fuck up, you dont own this board, you arent an admin.... so blow my fucking sack you white piece of shit
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
stop posting already
stop living already...
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Lando Griffin wrote:you actually play worse but it seems like you're playing awesome cause you're drunk

it seems like you are the only other person on this whole entire board that actually gets whats up. thank you sooo much for not being a fucking retard.
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Lando Griffin wrote:you actually play worse but it seems like you're playing awesome cause you're drunk

it seems like you are the only other person on this whole entire board that actually gets whats up. thank you sooo much for not being a fucking retard.
damn your right, how could we be so stupid :roll:
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:

i know im right. thats why i said it. and you could be so stupid by not properly using your brain in specific situations.
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:

i know im right. thats why i said it. and you could be so stupid by not properly using your brain in specific situations.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

croninburg wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
~101 From Hell~ wrote:

Your opinion doesn't matter.

who the fuck are you? and who said you matter??
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

My first show my drummer and lead guitarist got completely stoned out of their minds before we hit the stage and the drummer fucked us up bad, at one point he knocked over the cymbal stand. :lol:

The guitarist i played with back then was a pot head so the weed never bothered him. He is an amazing guitarist and if he was around the right people and area he could have actually done something and gone somwhere/
... You're killing me, Smalls.
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Hunter/Killer wrote:My first show my drummer and lead guitarist got completely stoned out of their minds before we hit the stage and the drummer fucked us up bad, at one point he knocked over the cymbal stand. :lol:

The guitarist i played with back then was a pot head so the weed never bothered him. He is an amazing guitarist and if he was around the right people and area he could have actually done something and gone somwhere/
way to change the subject.
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004