Hooking up a Mixer to a computer

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Hooking up a Mixer to a computer

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

my friend stumbled across an old behringer mixer thats got like 24 tracks on it and we're excited to fuck with it but i have no idea how to hook it up to a computer to do some recording. does anyone know anything about these things? Right now i'm thinking getting like a box that sends XLR to USB and then just hooking it up through USB but im not sure if that will work.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

At the very, very least you can use an RCA-to-Stereo-1/8" cord and run it from the "Tape Out" of your mixer into the stereo input of your soundcard. I did that with great effect for years. USB interfaces tend to be cleaner in my opinion (and often allow you to record more tracks at a time than just two-track stereo).
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

midi-man makes a nice 4 channel interface for a decent price.

note* install a 2nd dedicated sound card for the interface or it will audio lag really bad.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

thanks dudes :tup: so i could just take something like this http://www.midiman.com/products/en_us/F ... Ultra.html and plug the main board into one of the XLR jacks?
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
basstard
Creampuff

Post by basstard »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:thanks dudes :tup: so i could just take something like this http://www.midiman.com/products/en_us/F ... Ultra.html and plug the main board into one of the XLR jacks?

Yes you can, you can get a cheaper interface that would do the same