Bass Head Impedance

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Bass Head Impedance

Post by Metallash »

so im looking at buying a Bass head, under the specs for one that im looking at it says "300w @ 4OHMS, 150w @ 8OHMS" i have a vague idea what ohms are, does it mean if i plugged the head into a cabinet which was rated at 4ohms it would produce 300w and if i hooked it upto an 8ohm cabinet it would produce 150w? its got 2 speaker out sockets so if i plugged it into 2 cabinets that were rated at 4ohms each would each cabinet produce 300w or 150w through each cabinet?
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Re: Bass Head Impedance

Post by SuicideNote »

Metallash wrote:so im looking at buying a Bass head, under the specs for one that im looking at it says "300w @ 4OHMS, 150w @ 8OHMS" i have a vague idea what ohms are, does it mean if i plugged the head into a cabinet which was rated at 4ohms it would produce 300w and if i hooked it upto an 8ohm cabinet it would produce 150w? its got 2 speaker out sockets so if i plugged it into 2 cabinets that were rated at 4ohms each would each cabinet produce 300w or 150w through each cabinet?
Yep. I'd say 150w.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]