Lexington music scene

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Lexington music scene

Post by Mark »

This fall I might be going to UK for school. Does anyone know how the music (metal particularly) scene is? I play bass and can do vocals, as well as some guitar, and I would like to get into a metal band. Hopefully if I go there, I will meet some metalheads.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Where you moving too?

Any big city will have its own big scene... Smaller places will probably have a handful of metal heads.. You won't be alone wherever you go regardless.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Scores of Emo kids outnumber Metalheads where i live.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

I'll be moving to either Lexington, KY or Baton Rouge, LA depending on whether I go to LSU or UK. I figure I have decent odds considering 20,000-30,000 people go to each so there must be at least a few decent metal guitarists and drummers there I can hook up with.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

where in the uk?
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

UK as in university of kentucky. I go there. I haven't seen any metalheads to really speak of. There seem to be a lot of punk and emo bands. Good luck finding anything.
polarity, not duality
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:UK as in university of kentucky. I go there. I haven't seen any metalheads to really speak of. There seem to be a lot of punk and emo bands. Good luck finding anything.
Do you play anything? And how long have you been going there? I'm sure I would just have to look.
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

Mark wrote:
Dominate wrote:UK as in university of kentucky. I go there. I haven't seen any metalheads to really speak of. There seem to be a lot of punk and emo bands. Good luck finding anything.
Do you play anything? And how long have you been going there? I'm sure I would just have to look.
i played guitar for about 9 or 10 years before college. my classes and life in general took quick care of that. i've been going to UK for about 2 years now. i think if there was a scene to speak of, i would see metal flyers on campus. i see a lot of christian, funk, punk, emo, blues bar type shit, etc. i've yet to really notice a metal show being advertised. of course there has to be a couple of bands out there, but i don't see them making waves.
polarity, not duality
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

LSU is a bunch of crazy-ass Cajuns, have fun. I don't know anything about UK because they suck at football. :tup:
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
rebelextravagant (4:32:15 AM): 27%
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:
Mark wrote:
i played guitar for about 9 or 10 years before college. my classes and life in general took quick care of that. i've been going to UK for about 2 years now. i think if there was a scene to speak of, i would see metal flyers on campus. i see a lot of christian, funk, punk, emo, blues bar type shit, etc. i've yet to really notice a metal show being advertised. of course there has to be a couple of bands out there, but i don't see them making waves.
If I go to UK, would you want to jam sometime?
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

Mark wrote:
Dominate wrote:
Mark wrote:
No time.
polarity, not duality
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:
Mark wrote:
Dominate wrote:
Mark wrote:
No time.
That sucks dude.
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Well, I have confirmed that I am going to UK. If anyone in that area wants to jam, let me know. I found a dude to play drums already because he is going to go to LCC which is on UK's campus.
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

would it be Josh Flowers?
polarity, not duality
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:would it be Josh Flowers?
Eh??
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

a drummer friend of mine, attended LCC this year.
polarity, not duality
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:a drummer friend of mine, attended LCC this year.
Ahh. Do you play guitar?
Dominate
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dominate »

not like i used to.
polarity, not duality
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

Dominate wrote:not like i used to.
If you ever want to jam let me know. I do bass and vocals and a little bit of regular guitar.