Just bought a new guitar...!

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
hippy wrote:whatever you do keep EMG's away from your ibanez.
Why do you suggest this?
because your guitar will sound like mud, you will get no high's and it will turn into an all around piece of shit. air norton and tonezone get the job done.
all depends on the rig they're played through, the wood of the guitar, and the player's picking style: they may sound like shit on YOUR rig with your picking style, but not someone else's...EMG's sound pretty badass through my rack system AND my Randall RH100...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Balls On Parade wrote:
hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
Why do you suggest this?
because your guitar will sound like mud, you will get no high's and it will turn into an all around piece of shit. air norton and tonezone get the job done.
all depends on the rig they're played through, the wood of the guitar, and the player's picking style: they may sound like shit on YOUR rig with your picking style, but not someone else's...EMG's sound pretty badass through my rack system AND my Randall RH100...
I have 81's in my ESP, and with my RH100 the sound is fucking GOOD.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Well I play an EMG 81 in my current rig w/ a Peavey 5150.. And it sounds excellant.

I'm definatley tempted by EMGs, but also interested to play with some Dimarzio and SD's.

We'll see.. I'll let you guys know what happens! I'm still waiting to go home & play this thing through my 5150 and have a play with it.. At the moment I'm just blasting through amplitube & monitors. :tup:
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
Why do you suggest this?
^^ don't listen to that idiot.. everything he posts is stupid and/or wrong.

EMG's have lots of highs, in fact they're almost too trebly. They're probably some of the least muddiest pickups on the market. The fact that he says they suck on 'Ibanez' is just as ignorant. EMG's have fairly flat EQ curves meaning they'll have pretty similar tonal qualities no matter what guitar they're on; more so than any other pickup. That's also why they're not muddy; a lot of passive pickups have high mids or bass, causing the muddiness. Air Norton and Tone Zones are good pickups, but they may not be for you. People don't want pickups that will just 'get the job done' either, you want something suited for your style. With pickups a lot of it is just trial and error, eventually you'll find a combination you'll like.

Hippy, stop giving advice.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Soloist wrote:
hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
Why do you suggest this?

EMG's have lots of highs, in fact they're almost too trebly. They're probably some of the least muddiest pickups on the market. The fact that he says they suck on 'Ibanez' is just as ignorant. EMG's have fairly flat EQ curves meaning they'll have pretty similar tonal qualities no matter what guitar they're on; more so than any other pickup. That's also why they're not muddy; a lot of passive pickups have high mids or bass, causing the muddiness. Air Norton and Tone Zones are good pickups, but they may not be for you. People don't want pickups that will just 'get the job done' either, you want something suited for your style. With pickups a lot of it is just trial and error, eventually you'll find a combination you'll like.

:lol: your mad
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

hippy wrote:
Soloist wrote:
hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
Why do you suggest this?

I'm fuming :fur:

:lol:
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Soloist wrote:
hippy wrote:
Soloist wrote:
hippy wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:
Why do you suggest this?

I'm fuming :fur:

:lol:
your mad
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

you're dumb
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, take it out on me. its ok your dad beats your mom because he loves her.
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

:roll: what was your name on the old board? Wrona?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Wrona is on this board :zzz:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Sheldon wrote:
scrotal_tug wrote:hot passive pickup
X2N :|):
i put one of those in my guitar and it rules :)