Reamping

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Reamping

Post by croninburg »

I just spent a weekend doing guitars for the Efflux album - we recorded all the guitars clean to laptop and then reamped with my AC30, a Mesa/Boogie Nomad, a Fender Twin and a fuckton of pedals. Possibly the best fun I've had in my life:

That's two Ibanez AD9 analogue delays, a Boss DD6 and Line 6 Echo park digital delay, a Russian and American Small Stone, an EHX Q-tron, a modified TS9, a Big Muff Pi, Danelectro tremolo, Analogman Juicer compressor and a Korg multi FX (for glitchy/squeltchy noises) along with some bits and bobs that we didn't use :) Has anyone else done this before? We did all of this using stuff that our other guitarist already owns, plus some borrowed mics. We managed to use a university music room for free, but this would be a great method for anyone working under serious financial constraints because you can get the takes done outside the studio and then concentrate on tones when you'ree paying by the hour. We ended up spending about 28 hours over the weekend experimenting :tup:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i wish i had the time and patience to do something like that. when will i be able to hear the finished product? :aargh:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

your band is very cool. i wish i could find a group of guys who really cared about making cool music and actually put the time and effort into it.

i've grown accustomed to being a one-man band though. i enjoy it immensely.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Vocals and saxophone are going to be tracked in a studio this weekend (and probably finished around mid April). We're booked for mixing towards the end of April, so I suppose some tracks should emerge on myspace around then.. it should be pressed some time in May. It's 8 tracks including rerecorded versions of the three on myspace, about 50 minutes long.

Thanks for the kind words.. I feel very lucky to be involved in the band, in that I'm probably the worst musician, but we're all friends and everyone respects each other :tup: Jonny, the other guitarist, has put an unbelievable amount of time, effort and money into this album - he travelled from Brighton to Leeds to track keys, Nottingham to track bass, St Albans to do my guitars, and he's recorded some trumpet down in Brighton. He's still got to record some congas and trombone, and I want to do some parts with a toy xylophone! These last few days he's read several hundered pages of the Logic 8 manual in order to bounce 30 gigs of audio from cubase, for the studio engineer.. We basically just need to sort out the layout and then everything will be on its way to completion :aargh: If anyone wants a proper copy, it'll probably be about £5 or $12 including postage and packaging. I'm so fucking broke :aargh:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Just to clarify, we spent the weekend reamping.. getting the takes took me about 50 hours in total :x There were a couple of tiny parts that took me about an hour to nail :lol:
bdawson
Creampuff

Post by bdawson »

Dimebag Darrell Autographed Crybaby Wah Pedal up for bid in Autism Auction! It's 1 of 100 EVER MADE. Check it out.

http://www.wzzo.com/cc-common/ourAuctio ... hisID=2832
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

:aargh:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

those korg mutl ax1500g pedals aint bad, got a boss gt6 now and its more fun than your 500 pedals
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I agree that they're great for the price - the amp models and distortions all fucking suck, but the modulation effects are decent. Only half of those pedals are mine :( I'm sure the GT6 is cool, but sometimes you can't beat analogue sound :tup:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

your band :tup: happy to hear you guys still do stuff
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

This is gonna rule!
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

croninburg wrote: you can't beat analogue sound :tup:
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

hey maybe im just blind but do you have links or mp3s?
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

AoD wrote:hey maybe im just blind but do you have links or mp3s?
http://www.myspace.com/effluxmusic

:tup: :tup: :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Cool stuff man, can't wait to hear new material. :tup:

Once I get some cash I'm looking to really get into effects and get a nice setup going, I've always just went straight in, but I recently picked up a Hotrod Deluxe and I'm looking to experiment a bit. First thing I'll probably grab is one of the Build Your Own Clone Fuzz Faces. :aargh:
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Three Second Doom wrote:Cool stuff man, can't wait to hear new material. :tup:

Once I get some cash I'm looking to really get into effects and get a nice setup going, I've always just went straight in, but I recently picked up a Hotrod Deluxe and I'm looking to experiment a bit. First thing I'll probably grab is one of the Build Your Own Clone Fuzz Faces. :aargh:
Try out Electro-Harmonix pedals. :tup: :tup: :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

EHX fucking rule, the new nano series are cheap as shit as well :tup: Me and Jonny both own a small stone phasers, I also have a big muff and he has the Q tron. They all sound excellent, although the muff can sound like absolute shit or absolutely great depending on your set up. It was incredible through the fender twin with some reverb, like the sound that Mogwai seem to get. The hot rods are really nice, I believe Kellan owns one..
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Yeah I really love the Hotrod. I played on my friends and was impressed, I was going to buy one new but his broke and he offered it to me for $240 + cost of fixing it. I took him up on it, and it ended up being bad wiring in the power supply, and cost $5 to fix. I made out like a bandit.

Here's the Big Muff Build Your Own Clone I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WArzKC09DY

Even though it's basically painting by numbers, I think it'd be cool to build a pedal, plus it sounds pretty damn good. That guy basically is running the same gear I have now too.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

croninburg wrote:EHX fucking rule, the new nano series are cheap as shit as well :tup: Me and Jonny both own a small stone phasers, I also have a big muff and he has the Q tron. They all sound excellent, although the muff can sound like absolute shit or absolutely great depending on your set up. It was incredible through the fender twin with some reverb, like the sound that Mogwai seem to get. The hot rods are really nice, I believe Kellan owns one..
The Q-Tron+, the Small Stone, and the Microsynths are awesome pedals. I'm thinking of getting a Stereo Electric Mistress next. :aargh:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Three Second Doom wrote:Yeah I really love the Hotrod. I played on my friends and was impressed, I was going to buy one new but his broke and he offered it to me for $240 + cost of fixing it. I took him up on it, and it ended up being bad wiring in the power supply, and cost $5 to fix. I made out like a bandit.

Here's the Big Muff Build Your Own Clone I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WArzKC09DY

Even though it's basically painting by numbers, I think it'd be cool to build a pedal, plus it sounds pretty damn good. That guy basically is running the same gear I have now too.
I'm really getting into the idea of building something. I think I'm going to build a 9x5 bass cab first. There's a guy in KC who built a 16x5 bass cab and plays in a metal band and people says it's the best sounding bass cab they've ever heard.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

:aargh:
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

why is your vocalist so far up the mars volta vocally. Music is pretty random but you need a new vocalist, one with bigger tits
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

The vocalist has massive tits. :lol: :|):
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!