Zakk Wylde as a possibe replacement for Dime?

Talk about anything Pantera related....
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

Post by walnut »

CliffandJason-BASS wrote:if you liked his calves, then your gay.
What, so a man can't admire another man's calves without being called gay now? Freakin' grow up kid. :roll:
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Post by CliffandJason-BASS »

well no man, little awkward.
Muthafuckin' Wheelbarrow!
Shredder
Creampuff

Post by Shredder »

May be one day pantera will be again togather, Zakk is good guitarist, but the power and the emotion will be changed.Look at Metrallica.After Cliff's death they are fuckin band.No energy, no power.It's no the same, and it'll be never the same :no:
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:Some of you are pretty ignorant and have no sense of history. Zakk was around long before Dimebag was, and Dime himself even said several times that Zakk was a huge influence on him and pretty much taught him everything he knows about guitar.
Both, being almost the same age, started playing about the same time in their lives. Dime has been doing Pantera since '82, Zakk joined Ozzy in '87, and was unknown before that. Now, how in the fuck did Zakk Wylde teach Dime how to play when Dime was playing long before they ever met? You have an entire knowledge-base - known as the internet - at your disposal, yet you still decide to type out of your ass. Do some fucking research next time, you failed abortion.
Maybe YOU should do some research. Zakk played guitar for Ozzy when he left Black Sabbath and started a solo career...in 1980.

Dime started playing in 1990. That's when Pantera's first album came out

Now, if that's to hard for you to grasp, I'll break it down for you mathematically, you freakin' moron.

1990 is TEN YEARS after 1980. Therefore, Zakk was around ten years before Dime. Understand? You are the dumbest person I've ever talked to in my life.

By the way, your sig is lame and unoriginal.
can you explain metal magic, projects in the jungle, power metal? did these albums not exist?
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

Post by walnut »

vulgarstrength wrote:
walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:Some of you are pretty ignorant and have no sense of history. Zakk was around long before Dimebag was, and Dime himself even said several times that Zakk was a huge influence on him and pretty much taught him everything he knows about guitar.
Both, being almost the same age, started playing about the same time in their lives. Dime has been doing Pantera since '82, Zakk joined Ozzy in '87, and was unknown before that. Now, how in the fuck did Zakk Wylde teach Dime how to play when Dime was playing long before they ever met? You have an entire knowledge-base - known as the internet - at your disposal, yet you still decide to type out of your ass. Do some fucking research next time, you failed abortion.
Maybe YOU should do some research. Zakk played guitar for Ozzy when he left Black Sabbath and started a solo career...in 1980.

Dime started playing in 1990. That's when Pantera's first album came out

Now, if that's to hard for you to grasp, I'll break it down for you mathematically, you freakin' moron.

1990 is TEN YEARS after 1980. Therefore, Zakk was around ten years before Dime. Understand? You are the dumbest person I've ever talked to in my life.

By the way, your sig is lame and unoriginal.
can you explain metal magic, projects in the jungle, power metal? did these albums not exist?
I emailed Phil Anselmo himself a few years back, asking him about these so called albums and whether or not they ever really did exist. I recieved no response. I then met him at an autograph signing several months later and asked him in person. All he did was kick my ass.

Obviously, there never were any albums by those names.
bdawson
Creampuff

Post by bdawson »

Dimebag Darrell Autographed Crybaby Wah Pedal up for bid in Autism Auction! It's 1 of 100 EVER MADE. Check it out.

http://www.wzzo.com/cc-common/ourAuctio ... hisID=2832
Dimebaggage
Mouth For War

Post by Dimebaggage »

600+ bucks get the fuck outta here :lol:
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

walnut wrote:
What, so a man can't admire another man's calves without being called gay now? Freakin' grow up kid. :roll:
It crosses that line when you say it out loud. How many dudes in a gym do you hear telling each other "nice calves, brah!"?
Last edited by walking_ash on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getcha Hate!
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Stop arguing with a joke account.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

The Fear wrote:Stop arguing with a joke account.
i agree but we're hypocrites for constantly arguing with pg,
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

The Fear wrote:Stop arguing with a joke account.
Everything else aside, he seemed pretty serious about Zakk's calves.
Last edited by walking_ash on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getcha Hate!
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Post by GoddamnElectric »

When you consider the bands that reform without crucial members... The Doors, Alice In Chains, Blind Melon, Boston... Upcoming could be Nirvana, Death, Mother Love Bone, and Pantera.

They probably aren't into the idea right now, but give them 5 or 10 years when some bands (Kiss, for example) won't even have any original members in the band, and they'll see that money train coming 'round the bend and want the glory again so they'll get back together.

When or if they do, though, I hope Zakk Wylde isn't the guy. It's a mistake when bands like this choose a famous musician just to have another famous musician in the band. They pretty much ruined Alice In Chains with a piece of crap singer when they could have gotten someone from an AIC cover band who can sound exactly like Layne. In that same token, if Pantera ever reforms, they need to getg someone who can do Dime's stuff verbatim. That'd be the best for everyone.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson

Post by Guest »

William Duvall is a famous singer? :lol:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Yeah, Comes With The Fall is a famous band. They should have gone with somebody from some cover band that nobody has ever heard of before, that way the band could have actually stayed good.

Or they could have gone with Phil Anselmo, who tried out... That would have been freaking awesome.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

Post by walnut »

walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:
It crosses that line when you say it out loud. How many dudes in a gym do you hear telling each other "nice calves, brah!"?
I would tell someone if I thought they had nice calves, or suspected they had nice calves in which case I would ask that they lift up their pant legs in order to confirm my suspicions.

Just last week I saw this guy at the gym with really ripped looking glutes. I went over and squeezed them and it turns out he was a complete homophobe just like you. Freaking guy couldn't even let another guy admire the firmness of his muscles without calling him gay. :roll:

Just for the record, I'm not gay.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Yeah, Comes With The Fall is a famous band. They should have gone with somebody from some cover band that nobody has ever heard of before, that way the band could have actually stayed good.

Or they could have gone with Phil Anselmo, who tried out... That would have been freaking awesome.
Shut the fuck up.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lygKHgboZVw

Phil looooooves them. A match made in Heaven. Or Hell, as it may be... So much better than that William Duvall.. he sounds like Sebastian Bach. AIC needs somebody with any grime in their voice or else it just sounds silly.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

GoddamnElectric wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lygKHgboZVw

Phil looooooves them. A match made in Heaven. Or Hell, as it may be... So much better than that William Duvall.. he sounds like Sebastian Bach. AIC needs somebody with any grime in their voice or else it just sounds silly.
Phil doesn't belong in AIC. Horrible fit. He can't harmonize with Cantrell.

P.S. - you don't know what you're talking about.

P.S.S.- STFU.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

summers_eve wrote:

P.S.S.- STFU.
EPIC LAWLZ.

The point stands: anybody with any kind of grime in their voice is a better fit for AIC than William Duvall. Phil would kick a lot more ass in AIC than Duvall. Duvall isn't too bad, he's cool and all. But Jerry Cantrell is already the smooth voice of AIC. Having Duvall in the band is just like having 2 of Jerry, they're both smooth. AIC's trademark was the grimey tortured voice of Layne and now they've opted to not have any grimey tortured singing in the band, even though they easily could have got somebody with character in their voice, like Phil. Phil's definetly far from the best choice, but he'd be better than Will.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Grimey shmimey.
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

Post by walnut »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

P.S.S.- STFU.
EPIC LAWLZ.

The point stands: anybody with any kind of grime in their voice is a better fit for AIC than William Duvall. Phil would kick a lot more ass in AIC than Duvall. Duvall isn't too bad, he's cool and all. But Jerry Cantrell is already the smooth voice of AIC. Having Duvall in the band is just like having 2 of Jerry, they're both smooth. AIC's trademark was the grimey tortured voice of Layne and now they've opted to not have any grimey tortured singing in the band, even though they easily could have got somebody with character in their voice, like Phil. Phil's definetly far from the best choice, but he'd be better than Will.
You raise an interesting point, but you're forgetting one very simple fact: Zakk Wylde's calves are RIPPED AS HELL.
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:
I would tell someone if I thought they had nice calves, or suspected they had nice calves in which case I would ask that they lift up their pant legs in order to confirm my suspicions.

Just last week I saw this guy at the gym with really ripped looking glutes. I went over and squeezed them and it turns out he was a complete homophobe just like you. Freaking guy couldn't even let another guy admire the firmness of his muscles without calling him gay. :roll:

Sure you are, you're just metro like the dude in your avatar.
Getcha Hate!
LEATHERFACE
Far Beyond Driven

Post by LEATHERFACE »

walnut wrote:I don't get how you guys can say that Dime was better than Zakk. I'll break it down for you in a way you can understand.

Dime was just a guitar player.

Phil is just a singer.

Zakk can both sing AND play the guitar, which makes him multi-talented. Therefore, he's better than both of them put together. Understand?
ha

Dime can sing and play..ever heared pussytight..seek and destroy cover..and many more..dime sang and played on them

Phil plays guitar..theres some footage of him playing guitar on youtube..

I'm pretty certain most musicians are all around based..
LEATHERFACE IS COMING TO GET YA !!!!!!!!
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

i saw the AIC reunion tour and william duvall did a damn good job. he's no layne obviously, but that's just stupid to expect it to be that good without the original singer. it was an excellent show and it didn't matter that layne wasn't there, especially since the audience sang every line of every song anyway. it wasn't about trying to recreate 1992, it was about having a good time and getting to see them play the songs again. the musicianship was stellar and the performance was very professional.

and having a harsh voice like layne's is something you're born with, it would be a complete waste of time and energy to try to find somebody who sounds like him AND can sing well.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

I don't mind that Layne's not there. I just think a Sebsatin Bach type singer isn't right for AIC. You act like there aren't a million singers with harsh voices out there. I mean, Phil's one of 'em. Even if it's just somebody's voice ravaged with age, it'll fit with AIC's sound better than somebody who's all smooth like Duvall. I'm sure Duvall kicks a lot of ass, I'm just sad that they're not what they could be.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

GoddamnElectric wrote:I don't mind that Layne's not there. I just think a Sebsatin Bach type singer isn't right for AIC. You act like there aren't a million singers with harsh voices out there. I mean, Phil's one of 'em. Even if it's just somebody's voice ravaged with age, it'll fit with AIC's sound better than somebody who's all smooth like Duvall. I'm sure Duvall kicks a lot of ass, I'm just sad that they're not what they could be.
you are way over-thinking it. they found a guy they like and he does a great job. there's no more to it than that. as long as jerry cantrell is in the band it will be very AIC-ish anyway, even if the other vocalist is different. he was a much bigger part of the AIC sound than people realize.

and every other alternative rock fagboy has a fake harsh cobain voice. with layne you had a guy with a strange tone AND impressive range/technical ability. i personally don't think phil would fit in AIC at all. his performance with them was not what everyone made it out to be.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.

Post by Guest »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Yeah, Comes With The Fall is a famous band.
In what universe? :lol:

Post by Guest »

walnut wrote:I emailed Phil Anselmo himself a few years back, asking him about these so called albums and whether or not they ever really did exist. I recieved no response. I then met him at an autograph signing several months later and asked him in person. All he did was kick my ass.
:lol:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Lord of This World wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:I don't mind that Layne's not there. I just think a Sebsatin Bach type singer isn't right for AIC. You act like there aren't a million singers with harsh voices out there. I mean, Phil's one of 'em. Even if it's just somebody's voice ravaged with age, it'll fit with AIC's sound better than somebody who's all smooth like Duvall. I'm sure Duvall kicks a lot of ass, I'm just sad that they're not what they could be.
you are way over-thinking it. they found a guy they like and he does a great job. there's no more to it than that. as long as jerry cantrell is in the band it will be very AIC-ish anyway, even if the other vocalist is different. he was a much bigger part of the AIC sound than people realize.

and every other alternative rock fagboy has a fake harsh cobain voice. with layne you had a guy with a strange tone AND impressive range/technical ability. i personally don't think phil would fit in AIC at all. his performance with them was not what everyone made it out to be.
I'm not over-thinking anything, I just don't like the way it sounds with Duvall's smooth voice. I know AIC opened for Kiss, but I thought they had put their glam days behind them. Guess not. ;)

I'm looking forward to AIC's new album coming out but I'm very afraid it'll sound like Comes With The Fall or Judas Priest.
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

What a silly topic!
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:

:lol: :lol:
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

GoddamnElectric wrote:

I'm not over-thinking anything, I just don't like the way it sounds with Duvall's smooth voice. I know AIC opened for Kiss, but I thought they had put their glam days behind them. Guess not. ;)

I'm looking forward to AIC's new album coming out but I'm very afraid it'll sound like Comes With The Fall or Judas Priest.
chill dude. it's not gonna ruin your life or anything if it sucks. you make it sound like it's your band or something. i'm a huge pink floyd fan but i consider their "discography" to be from Saucerful of Secrets to The Wall. they have other albums but to me they don't sound like the same band and those albums don't matter to me. just like metallica is kill 'em all to justice. anything after that is irrelevant to me. if you don't like the album don't listen to it. it bums me out when great bands make shitty albums, but it's not that big of a deal. life goes on.

also i haven't listened to it in years but wasn't the self-titled album mostly cantrell on vocals? for some reason i'm thinking it was and i don't remember it being that bad. it's not in the same league with Facelift and Dirt and Jar of Flies but i don't remember disliking it. i don't think Layne's voice wasn't the thing that made them what they were. Cantrell's songwriting was a much bigger part of it, in my opinion. layne was the icing on the cake.

and what makes you think it will sound like Judas Priest? duvall has never reminded me of that kind of thing. to be completely honest, when i saw them live a few times i forgot layne wasn't on stage. he did the songs justice and then some.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

GoddamnElectric wrote:

chill dude. it's not gonna ruin your life or anything if it sucks. you make it sound like it's your band or something. i'm a huge pink floyd fan but i consider their "discography" to be from Saucerful of Secrets to The Wall. they have other albums but to me they don't sound like the same band and those albums don't matter to me. just like metallica is kill 'em all to justice. anything after that is irrelevant to me. if you don't like the album don't listen to it. it bums me out when great bands make shitty albums, but it's not that big of a deal. life goes on.

also i haven't listened to it in years but wasn't the self-titled album mostly cantrell on vocals? for some reason i'm thinking it was and i don't remember it being that bad. it's not in the same league with Facelift and Dirt and Jar of Flies but i don't remember disliking it. i don't think Layne's voice wasn't the thing that made them what they were. Cantrell's songwriting was a much bigger part of it, in my opinion. layne was the icing on the cake.

and what makes you think it will sound like Judas Priest? duvall has never reminded me of that kind of thing. to be completely honest, when i saw them live a few times i forgot layne wasn't on stage. he did the songs justice and then some.
Chill? Ain't like I'm standing on a ledge over this. But a new AIC album with modern production could be amazing. Or it could be glam hard rock.

I know there was a heck of a lot to AIC other than Layne's voice. But ofr me the vocal is the most important part. Self-titled had more Cantrell vocals than usual but it still had plenty of Layne, probably more than Jerry, I have no clue. But Jerry's smooth voice is cool, whereas Duvall's voice, to me, is glam.

I'm sure Duvall can do tons of justice to the songs live, but to me he sounds like Sebastian Bach on CD. And I don't like that osund for AIC. Maybe he will do justice on the album, but the few samples I've heard of him doing AIC has not matched my fancy.

Tripod was really dark. If they do something more like that then it'd probably be great.

And I love all of Floyd's albums. ;)
Dimebaggage
Mouth For War

Post by Dimebaggage »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Upcoming could be Nirvana, Death, Mother Love Bone, and Pantera.
are you kidding? we will never see any of those bands reform.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

GoddamnElectric wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:

Chill? Ain't like I'm standing on a ledge over this. But a new AIC album with modern production could be amazing. Or it could be glam hard rock.

I know there was a heck of a lot to AIC other than Layne's voice. But ofr me the vocal is the most important part. Self-titled had more Cantrell vocals than usual but it still had plenty of Layne, probably more than Jerry, I have no clue. But Jerry's smooth voice is cool, whereas Duvall's voice, to me, is glam.

I'm sure Duvall can do tons of justice to the songs live, but to me he sounds like Sebastian Bach on CD. And I don't like that osund for AIC. Maybe he will do justice on the album, but the few samples I've heard of him doing AIC has not matched my fancy.

Tripod was really dark. If they do something more like that then it'd probably be great.

And I love all of Floyd's albums. ;)
well, the Division Bell is good. i don't love it though. and as for piper i just don't like syd barret. to me floyd without gilmour is pretty much worthless.

also i've never heard duvall on an album, so i'm not sure what his original style is. that's a good point though. he was doing the songs with layne's melodies and now he'll be doing his own thing. so maybe it will sound different.
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

Dimebaggage wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:Upcoming could be Nirvana, Death, Mother Love Bone, and Pantera.
TerryToughCunt
Lynch Mob

Post by TerryToughCunt »

What's gay is your name. What the fuck is it supposed to mean?

Jason Newsted doesn't deserve to be even be mentioned in the same breath as Cliff Burton. :no:
!
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

This has got to be the dumbest thread in the history of the PBB.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

TerryToughCunt wrote:
What's gay is your name. What the fuck is it supposed to mean?

Jason Newsted doesn't deserve to be even be mentioned in the same breath as Cliff Burton. :no:
He's fucking dead. Move on.
Getcha Hate!
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

washburnML wrote:
Dimebaggage wrote:
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what all the fans of Queen, The Doors, Alice In Chains, and Blind Melon said. :pimp:

I don't at all expect any of those bands to reform. BUT, I never expected Queen, The Doors, etc. to reform either. These guys might eventually see the allure of the money train and decide to reform.

Seriously, stranger things have happened. Alvin Lee was everything to Ten Years After like Chuck Shuldiner to Death and Kurt Cobain to Nirvana. Ten Years After now tours the world without Alvin Lee, and Alvin's not even dead. But, for dead heros... is Pantera or Mother Love Bone reforming any stranger or more potentially-fan-angering than The Doors, Queen, Blind Melon, or Alice In Chains? People will alays argue over the lack of key members like Jim Morrison and Freddy Mercury, but the bands still tour and make tons of money, and even release new albums.

Keep in mind I don't expect any of those bands to reform either. But the fact remains that a precedent exists. Bands these days will reform no matter what, it seems. Boston's leader just killed himself like a year ago and the band is already doing another tour.

Peace